Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 23:26:51
Page:  1 
Real Family. Started by: Leo on Oct 20, '08 15:40
At a small cafe in the poorest part of Detroit, a young well dressed man casually walks out, straightening his trench coat. He neatly covered his expensive suit underneath and hid his hands in his pockets.

The man walks over to a group of men and women across the road and blends in naturally with the crowd, who are all obviously associates or friends.

"How'd it go Leo?"

"Same as fucking always, he said he didn't have the cash, business was going downhill and asked if he could have more time."

"So..?"

"I took his finger."

Leo, the young man who had just crossed the street, pulled his hand from out of his pocket. He was holding a small plastic meat bag, with what looked like a small hotdog inside.

"Ergh, I don't see how you can do all that gruesome shit Leo."

"It's for the family, I would do anything."

The group began to split off, saying their farewells, as though what Leo had done was everyday stuff. Leo and the fellow mobster he had been talking to headed off away from the others.

"So, you heard anything more from the boss? We can't just keep taking fingers, they don't accept those as currency."

The short fat man chuckled at his pathetic joke as he looked at Leo, hoping that once he would crack that expessionless face.

"Nah, I haven't heard anything, but I'm going to see him tonight. He will know what to do."

As they approached the next corner, a police car came screeching around, flying towards the cafe.

Leo sighed and pulled his collar up.

"The more he phones those damn police, the more I worry about getting caught. About the boss getting caught. I dunno what I would do without him."

Crossing the street, they approached the small mans car. Leo pulled open the door and sat down in the passenger seat.

"What happened to that stench you had going in here?"

"What'dya mean Leo?"

He replied in a edgy tone, this made Leo nervous. Something was wrong.

The smell Leo was referring to was a rat, that had died under the drivers seat, it would have cost alot to get sorted, and Frank wasn't the type of guy who paid out alot, for anything.

"Nothing Frank, just drive."

Leo stood outside Doyle's office, waiting to be called in. He knew it wasnt as simple as deciding what to do with Jim, the cafe owner.

"Come in Leo."

One of Doyle's well dressed Bodyguards ushered him into the office. The bodyguard closed the doors from the outside, so that only Leo and Doyle were left in the room.

"Leo, my friend. How are you?"

Doyle was sitting at his desk, cigarette in hand. His face almost concealed in the smoke. Coffee mugs littered the table and two ashtrays were full to the brim.

"I'm good Sir."

Leo's hand held his other wrist in front of him, as a kind of formal crossing of arms. He did it whenever he was in the presence of his boss.

"You always do that Leo, it's a rather bad habit. Take a seat."

Leo carefully went forward and sat in the plush chair in front of Doyle's desk. Resting his arms on the chair arms, Leo let himself relax a little. The aroma of the smoke, the smell of the Family headquarters, it all made him very at home.

"You know why your here Leo?"

"I believe so sir, It's about Jim, the cafe owner. He can't pay, he simply doesn't have the money."

"You know what to do with someone who can't pay. That isn't why your here."

Leo gave a puzzled look. Although he already knew what was going on.

"Frank, you know him quite well."

"Yes, Sir."

"Have you noticed anything?"

"Noticed anything, Sir?"

"Don't play dumb with me Leo, you know how it annoys me so."

"Sorry Boss, Yes I have noticed something. He isn't ever where he says he is, he pays more tribute than he possibly makes. He tries to talk about things that we know are kept Omerta, even between Mafioso."

Doyle sat forward, looking intently into Leo's eyes.

"All characteristics of what?"

"A rat."

Darkness had fallen, Leo stood outside the family Headquarters. On the back lawn, he could see every car parked inside the lot.

"You ready, Leo?"

Doyle had assigned one of his personal Bodyguards to help Leo. Before Doyle would have anyone Wacked he needed conclusive proof.

"Yeah, Let's go."

The two made their way through the cars, carefully identifying each.

"Over here, got it."

The bodyguard informed Leo in a whisper. Leo made his way over to the car, just as the door clicked open.

"Ahh, you never forget."

He had picked the lock before Leo had taken the few steps to get to the car. Leo stared at the car, for what seemed a long time. He had been in the passenger seat not a day ago, Frank's Car.

"Rip it up."

The bodyguard did as ordered and began trying to tear the drivers car seat off. He was struggling and making alot of noise.

"For Christs sake! Move!"

Leo barged his way past the Guard and unscrewed the one remaining screw holding the seat on. He proceeded to tear the seat right off, tossing it aside.

Leo stood in silence, looking at the mass wiring that was a police bug. Frank was his childhood friend, they had even come over from Sicily together. He remembered playing on the boat, the tender age of 9.

"We can't stand here all night Leo."

Leo jolted from his day dream and nodded, they quickly made their way to Leo's car.

The drive over to Frank's house seemed the quickest drive Leo had ever made, he didn't have time to think about what he was going to do. How he was going to do it. Before he knew it he was walking up the small set of steps to Frank's door, he made the other man stay in the car.

Leo knocked on the door gently, he didn't want to wake Frank's Kids or wife. The door slide open slowly, Frank's bald head showing just past the frame.

"Leo, it's 3am, What are you doing here?"

"We have a job, sorry we couldn't warn you earlier but someone pulled out cause of too much police heat."

Frank took a moment to mull it over, before he seemed to believe the story. Leo had thought it up on the spot, blurted it out so convincingly he almost believed it himself.

"Just give me a minute to get ready."

"Sure thing Pal."

Frank disappeared for a few moments, longer than it takes to put on a coat.

"Let's go."

Frank pushed past Leo, he didn't even ask what the job was.

"What's the job then?"

He asked as soon as he got in the car, seemed he wanted everyone involved on tape...

"Well, it's a pretty simple job. We have to help out this guys Mother."

Leo pointed at the guard.

"Huh? What'dya mean? That like a code? You will have to explain."

"Well, we need to help her out of the bath, she got scared by something and fell over."

"Scared by what?"

Leo fell silent.

"W-what's up?"

Frank was sweating now.

"Don't worry Frank, you know me."

They pulled up in an old Container yard in the docks, Leo got out of the car and took a deep breath.

"So, what is this then?"

Frank was really edgy now, eyes on every shadow.

"Remember, back in Sicily when I was 7. Bullies had been bothering me for months, until I finally told you. We confronted them together. We took the fall, for disabling one, together."

Leo spun round to look at Frank, the guard made his way to behind Frank. Cutting off his escape.

"W-What are you yapping on about Leo?"

"That, was when you were my family."

Leo raised his gun, which he had concealed in his hand.

"You betrayed my family, that means you die."

The gunshot cracked into the night.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Real Family.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL