Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:32
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Custom Taxes & Honesty. Started by: Squishy on Jan 22, '13 23:02

Shortly, we will be putting in two features having to do with tributes.

The first is custom taxes set by the upper structure for each member of their crew.

When your taxes are set, you will be notified via personal of your new tax rate for each type of tax. The crew info page will show the lowest taxes and the highest taxes as well as the average taxes.

The second change is to promote realism. Taxes will no longer be automated. You will be presented with a running total of how much you in theory owe based upon what the %'s the upper structure has set. Your upper structure has no idea how much money you actually made. The number presented is for you and you only to use as a basis. You can change the value to send more or less, or you can just click to send the recommended amount. When you do work for the crew, they have no idea how many crimes you did, or how much they paid out to you. It is up to you to kick up their share of the money. It is unverifiable, and can and be manipulated higher or lower to achieve whatever desired result you wish. Your crewleader will specify how often you should kick up in an RP sense (every 250k, every weekend, every time you log in, whatever arrangements you guys make, its up to you).

This feature will be tested and going in at the end of this month, it is being announced early so that people can properly prepare for it.

Report Post Tip

Will this effect crimes in a Godfathers home city by outsiders?
Or will that still collect automatically as it did in the past?

Report Post Tip

Also how will it affect the tribute Sponsors receive from their Associates?

Report Post Tip

I dislike this change.

Report Post Tip

I like it.

Report Post Tip

This is a fantstic change. Whenever I've run my own family in the past I've had taxes as low as humanely possible and encouraged members to kick up a vig; because that's how the mafia works. Although normally I'm not a fan of changes which force a leader to do something they could have done anyway, I do think this is a great change becaue it is realistic and no one is disadvantaged by trying to promote a bit more realism in their families

Report Post Tip

Loving this as well.

Oh the possibilities.

Report Post Tip

Hate this.

One of the oldest, most traditional (albeit slightly RP flawed) elements of our world is lost.

It does make more sense though :/

Report Post Tip

Good change, more realistic and much more possibilities as a result of it.

Report Post Tip

I think its a wonderful change for this realism for the game. Plus Noah had a good point. I was Cl while back and I kept my taxes low to encouraged members to kick up some tribute like the mafia really is. Love to see the out come. 

Report Post Tip

I think this is a cool addition.. allowing CL's to customize things more in their HQ in a way.

Report Post Tip

I'm curious to see this change.

Report Post Tip

With all due respect, but I haven't seen ev9dence of this change. Was it scrapped? Delayed?

Report Post Tip

:( yeah, it is sad to see the crew leader and hand players seemed to want this feature quite a bit to hmm have more control over the members. Wonder if they changed their minds and complained when the honesty was decided. However I realise the gods have been busy though so wonder if it was just delayed...

Report Post Tip

I believe this will be implemented sometime after districts are fully operational.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Custom Taxes & Honesty.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL