Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:40:21
Page:  1 
Faith and family - An Oppressed Refutation Started by: Raqi on Jan 30, '13 04:32

He was reading the newspaper on a rainy day as he was holding his umbrella in the right hand, making sure to avoid his paper to get wet. He ignored the people talking vaguely inside the bar. Raqi stood there in the rain. There was nothing of big importance today in the paper. Every line seems to make me forget about what is written on this page the very same second I try to read it, he thought. He still suffers from a short-time memory when it comes to certain things. And a really long-term memory when it comes to family and faith.  He suddenly remembered two historical sayings of his father’s:

This is something a father of our ancestors used to say: “A person is either your brother in faith, or your equal in humanity.” When we asked about Faith, he replied that the structure of faith is supported by four pillars: Endurance, Conviction, Justice and Sacrifice.

Endurance is composed of four attributes: eagerness, fear, piety and anticipation (of death). so whoever is eager for Paradise will ignore temptations; whoever fears the fire of Hell will abstain from sins; whoever practices piety will easily bear the difficulties of life and whoever anticipates death will hasten towards good deeds.

Conviction has also four aspects: Firstly, to guard oneself against infatuations of sin; to search for explanation of truth through knowledge; to gain lessons from instructive things and to follow the precedent of the past people, because whoever wants to guard himself against vices and sins will have to search for the true causes of infatuation and the true ways of combating them out and to find those true ways one has to search them with the help of knowledge.
Whoever gets fully acquainted with various branches of knowledge will take lessons from life and whoever tries to take lessons from life is actually engaged in the study of the causes of rise and fall of previous civilizations.

Justice also has four aspects depth of understanding, profoundness of knowledge, fairness of judgment and dearness of mind; because whoever tries his best to understand a problem will have to study it, whoever has the practice of studying the subject he is to deal with, will develop a clear mind and will always come to correct decisions, and whoever tries to achieve all this will have to develop ample patience and forbearance and whoever does this has done justice to the cause of religion and has led a life of good repute and fame.

Sacrifice is divided into four branches: to persuade people to be obedient to God; to prohibit them from sin and vice; to struggle (in the cause of God) sincerely and firmly on all occasions and to detest the vicious. Whoever persuades people to obey the orders of God provides strength to the believers; whoever dissuades them from vices and sins humiliates the unbelievers; whoever struggles on all occasions discharges all his obligations and whoever detests the vicious only for the sake of God, then God will take revenge on his enemies and will be pleased with Him on the Day of Judgment.

Intelligent advise, indeed. Particularly the part about Sacrifice, he thought. It was called a different word too, I am sure of it. Raqi could not seem to remember it now. However, he remembered another thing about Sacrifices, mainly that they consist of two types:
The Big Sacrifice was the most important and the very essence of this pillar. It meant a war against oneself, the inner war where you fight against your own deadly sins. Then came the less important one, The Small Sacrifice. This stated that a man of God shall defend against unjust people who threaten to attack you.

Raqi found himself thinking: I wish that my family knew me. That they look up to me as a down-to-earth, standup guy who likes to help other people. Who always speaks the truth instead of holding his tongue. A man that you seldom encounter. A man who still is humble to those around him and always wants to help out, despite the fierceness in his eyes or the eloquence in his speech. 

He cleared his mind.

Raqi opens the white door at the bar. When I walked in, I could not shake the feeling that the bartender looked nervous, so I asked him:
Why are you staring at me, huh?” He looked fiercly like a lion at the bartender.
Hello, Mr.Raqi. My loyalty has never changed from you or your family, and I hold you and all known people from Philadelphia as family.”
Something is clearly bothering you, by the sound of your voice.”
The bartender started walking towards Raqi, leaned in close, and whispered about his reasons of being nervous.
I believed him instantly, and whispered back: “Do not worry, friend.”
Alas, this still enfuriated Raqi. He had a really short temper before. Not anymore. No, he promised himself to abstain from it, and think rationally. He said to the bartender: 
“When I feel angry with a person, I decide how and when I should satisfy my anger. Whether it is at a time when I am not in a position to retaliate and people may advise me to bear patiently, or whether I have the power to punish and instead, I forgive. Minds get tired like bodies. When you feel that your mind is tired, then invigorate it with sober advice.”

He looked at the two drunk boys. “You there! I’m talking to you. Look me in the eyes when I talk to you.” He felt sorry for them. He felt sorry for all strange people talking nonsense, and for those that do not speak respectfully. “Are you even allowed to drink alcohol? Don’t you not know that it’s against the rules? Get out, immediately.”

All in the name of Prohibition.

On the very next day he stumbled across page 22 in his Philadelphia Times. The news saddened him. Not because it appeared to be a sign of weakness, but because he was a man of God. He believed with all his heart. He kept staring. “Two young boys overdosed of Morphine in a cheap hotel near "Cerebellum's Corner."

Poor souls.

Report Post Tip

Two young boys overdosed of Morphine in a cheap hotel  sad story as reading this new but  nice for you to share with us

Report Post Tip

I think it was pretty good better than most of the garbage people bring to the streets.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Faith and family - An Oppressed Refutation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL