Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 13:16:30
Page:  1 
A new start from the ashes. Started by: Kronic on Oct 23, '08 08:15
Kronic enters the streets with an eerie silence after the fall of Premeir and TheSpacePope. He casually takes stand pull his pants around his waste.

The fall of two good leaders have left innocent people broke and their kin to our shores with very little to start with. Weeks ago we saw a massacre and have been rebuilding the seven cities and the many families to walk these streets. Times are rough and Mafiosi are too broke to even get drugs.

Kronic snuffs out his cigarette and pulls out a note he carries in his chest pocket. He reads it off word for word.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes.

Kronic slyly places the card back into his chest pocket and clears his throat.

With that said I have decided to offer up prizes for first, second, and third place. The contest is of a writing nature. Whether you would like to quote Charles Swindoll a great writer like I did or write your own poetry. The conditions are simple and can be very broad. Keep it to how your life day to day plays as a mafiosi. What you do for your family or can do, how you react to the past events some have survived.

First place will receive $175,000

Second place will receive $125,000

Third place will receive $50,000

Grand total $350,000

Respect, honor, loyalty, omerta. Four words that you could base an entire writing all about, length holds no water, it's the meaning you put behind it. So impress me and your fellow Mafiosi with your talents of writing how you perceive life in these streets.

Kronic looks in his check book and returns.

First 10 mafiosi who atleast enters with a legit try will receive $10,000. Not a lot, but it could help in any pinch.

Kronic lights a cigarette and walks off humming to himself a simple melody with a cigarette in his mouth.
Report Post Tip
Respect - Show some respect my not stealing Mr T's Cheetos motherfucker!

Honour - Honour your respect for Mr T by not stealing his Cheetos fool!

Loyalty - Remain loyal to your face by not allowing it to get a hole punched through it when you steal Mr T's Cheetos motherfucker!

Omerta - You better make sure you break Omerta when you steal Mr T's Cheetos busta!

Now give Mr T his rightful $175k sucka.
Report Post Tip
In the pelting rain, the smell of smoke mingles with the smell of blood as bodies hit the mud. Now here, then gone with the setting of the sun.........
Report Post Tip
John W. Gardner once wrote, "If you have some respect for people as they are, you can be more effective in helping them to become better than they are."

The difference between shame and embarassment is the difference between knowing the difference between right and wrong. Honor is having the character to do the right thing no matter what the consequences are.

Woodrow T. Wilson said, "Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice." Pure, true loyalty is only prevelant when one is willing to sacrifice the most precious of all things, life.

"Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."

~Hubert Humphrey

Anyone can copy and paste quotes...but the difference between you and I is

I respect all living things,

my word is my bond to the day I die,

I would give my life for my friends and family (not without a fight, of course),

and as we pass each other on the street...friend or foe...rest assured that I will always greet you with a smile on my face.

~Ace
Report Post Tip
One entry, anyone else wanna partake?

Steps back waiting on the next mafiosi to step forward.
Report Post Tip
did you like mine? it is short but it accuratly describes what has happened recently in this thing of ours
Report Post Tip
Not bad, just shocked people don't want money. Only one entry.

Shakes his head.

Maybe street presence is no longer a "hip" thing these days.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A new start from the ashes.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL