Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:54:55
Page:  1 
A Bad Start Started by: Amaranda on Feb 03, '13 06:35

Amaranda was sitting in a dingy diner. This was the place her dealer had told her to meet him because it was under the radar of the local police. Showing up early to take a look around the place she ordered a coffee from an old looking waitress.

Brushing her hair back from her face as the coffee arrives. She wrapped her hands around the cup. It was cold in Detroit and she felt it on her walk here from the cold of her hands to the chill that had creeped into her bones. Amaranda watched the people entering the diner and noticed the one she was looking for. Waving him over she smiled politely as they swapped pleasantries. Her hands shaking on her first deal so badly that she excused herself to use the restroom in hopes of calming her nerves.

As she past through the safety of the doors she quickly brushed her fingers through her hair wondering what possessed her to come alone. The diner was dirty and made her extremely uncomfortable with the passing stares of the other patrons. Wanting to get out faster she dug through her purse for the packet of money she had stashed there for this deal. Finding nothing she frowned.

"I thought I had set it on top," She said to herself. Becoming more frantic she racked her brain to think if she had dropped it. Nothing came to mind except that she had been stopped and asked directions by a young man. She hadn't felt anyone touch her but she couldn't be sure since the street had been busy and everyone seemed to be jostling each other.

Gasping in horror at the realization that her pockets had been picked. She took so many precautions against such a thing. How could she have been so stupid? Quickly packing everything into her purse she ducked out the back door of the diner. She had to find him, the one person in the whole world that could help her sort out the mess.

She ran quickly to Force's place lest the dealer figured she had left him. Only thing she had been grateful for was that he never had a chance to get her name. Stopping in front of Force's door she knocks lightly three times.

Report Post Tip

Force was in his bed dreaming about all the blood he had on his hands. Reliving all the murders was a nightmare of its own. Sweat was pouring out of his body as the stress continued to build. Force was in a graveyard with tombstones of some of the victims he was responsible for. A knock echoed throughout the entire area. He had jumped a little, his initial reaction was shock and panic quickly followed. Dropping to ground Force covered his ears. Another knock was heard but this one made him awaken from the nightmare, rising out of his bed.

The last knock came as he focused his attention to his door. Reaching down into his nightstand he retrieved his gun and began his approach to the door.

Force: Just leave the milk and go damn it!

Force swung open the door to figure out who it was. The cold weather touched his skin. He slammed the door shut.

Force: Let me get dressed.

Force let out a sigh of relief and rubbed his eyes. He put on some blue jeans, long sleeve shirt and tennis shoes. He put on his gun holster and finished with his jacket. His gun fit nicely in his holster. Headed outside he met Amaranda.

Force: Something wrong?

Report Post Tip

Standing in the shadows, Jack was watching the back door of the Diner when Aramanda exited.

Damn! he muttered under his breath, What the fuck is she doing here, tonight of all nights!

Jack had been asked to keep an eye on this diner. Word was that a guy was trading here on his Family's turf and he hadn't been authorised to do so. The last thing he needed was Aramanda getting caught up in the middle.

Or, Jack wondered, is she part of the sting?

The Revolution's plan was to rip this guy's supply chain to bits. The dealers would end up feeding the fishes but that wasn't enough, someone up the line was making money on this, and that money belonged firmly to The Revolution.

Intrigued but unwilling to leave his post Jack remains, patiently waiting to see if anyone's going to follow Aramanda. She certainly looks a little nervous, Jack thinks.

No worries, young lady, whispers Jack, I've got your back.

Report Post Tip

"I lost it," she muttered. Blushing at the embarassment of not noticing the pickpocketer. "The money I had set aside for the drug deal that I'm supposed to be at."

Amaranda balled her fists up at her side in anger and frustration as she let the information sink in. Doing her best to bottle up her emotions knowing that it'd just lead to a lecture that she really wasn't in the mood for.

Looking at everything but Force she whispered quietly, "What am I going to do? I've never lost so much money before."

Shuffling her feet she wondered if there was a way to get the money back from that person but she figured that was unlikely. Hell she couldn't even remember who stoppeed her or who was around her at the time. Sighing  unhappily as she waited, Force would know what to do.

Report Post Tip

Force listened to what was on Amaranda's mind. In his time he knew not to leave a drug dealer without an explanation as it was just down right disrespectful and could bring in bad reputation. He noticed as she clenched her fist trying not to scream out what had just happened. Force threw both his hands in the air to mime out stop.

Force: Stop a second and just cool down. You just can't leave the drug dealer not knowing your situation as that leaves a bad taste in their mouth. Let's go back to where ever this drug deal is suppose to happen and explain your side of the story.

Force went back inside to grab his car keys and asked Amaranda if she would give him directions on the way there. Force knew quite a bit of the drug dealers around these parts and not all of them were bad people they just needed to make a little cash to help them through this rough time. He hopped in his car and rolled down the window.

Force: Are you coming?

Force put the keys in the ignition and gave it a good crank to get the car running.

Report Post Tip

Fulmineo, sitting in that dirty diner, watched his customer exit abruptly. His only reaction was a raised eyebrow. I really hope she did not get cold feet just now. Not after I flew in from Philly to do this deal for Franky. Fulmineo calmy stood, with his hand in his pocket, gun gripped loosely within them, and made his way to the door. He left the diner in time to watch her hit the corner. Where is she off to in such a hurry? Fulmineo returned to the diner and sat at his table again. He was starting to get the feeling that Franky had set him up. Since when did that asshole do business in Detroit? Does he even have permission to operate out here? This is why you shouldn't do favors for the children of friends. Fucker's gonna get me killed out here.

His apprehension building, Fulmineo cocked his pistol and prepared to exit the Diner. Then he saw a car with his client pull up outside. Along with a new face. Interesting.

Report Post Tip

Not wasting time Amaranda hopped into the vehicle with Force. Giving him directions on how to get to the diner.

"Go down towards the Business District and take your first left near the abandoned jewellery store. The diner will be four blocks down."

After the directions she sat back in her seat. Eyes closed as she tried to calm herself by counting in her head. The tactic didn't usually work but she tried to do as Force had said. She had panicked without thinking about it and ran from the diner. Just another mistake to add to her tally, but she'd do well to remember it for future reference. She wasn't exactly a fan of being told how she handled things wrong.

As they neared the diner she ran her hands nervously over her pants. In a moment of doubt she had to ask the question weighing in on her mind.

"We can fix this, right?"

Report Post Tip

He backed his foot off the clutch put his other foot on the gas pedal and pressed down to allow the car to move. After hearing the directions he pulled out a cigarette to smoke. When they got near the abandoned jewelry store there was seven lefts before getting to it. Force thought if the first one was considered near the store or not. He turned regardless because if it was the wrong way she would speak up.

The diner was now in sight and Amaranda asked him a question. Taking a couple of hits off his cigarette he pulled into a parking space. Force opened his car door and flicked his cigarette into the lot. He squinted thinking he might have saw UncleJack's car. He ducked his head down to answer her question.

Force: Well, we are about to find out.

Force closed the door to his car and told Amaranda to lead the way. He had no clue as to what this dealer looked like or if this person was even still here. He looked to Amaranda waiting to see if she reacted in any way to let him know that the dealer was indeed here.

Report Post Tip

The Pair of mobsters made their way into the diner, where Fulmineo was waiting to confront them.

" What's this now? You were supposed to come alone." Fulmineo said, gripping his pistol even tighter now. His eyes darted between the two people in front of him, calmly, trying to discern what the hell was going down.

"Relax buddy." The man said. "My name is Force. I'm here to help this young lady out. You see she got into a bit of a situation and panicked. I told her that I'd see if I could help out."

"I see. And what was the situation? The one that was so serious you had to run out on our deal?" Fulmineo asked the girl.

The girl blushed slightly and looked away from Fulmineo's penetrating eyes. "On my way over here I was pickpocketed. I didn't want you to think that I was trying to set you up or anything, but I couldn't think of anything else."

Fulmineo was silent for a second. Then he sat down at the nearest table, the one closest to the door, gestured for them to join him. "So on your way here, you were pickpocketed? Tell me, was this pickpocket a young man? Blonde hair, blue eyes, skinny as hell?"

The girl glanced at her companion and was about to answer when Fulmineo interrupted her. "Don't bother, I already know the answer. We've been set up." Force and the girl looked a bit lost. " Look my friend's kid, Franky, just got into this life. Disrespectful little asshole with a little too much ambition. Im ninety percent sure he's the guy who robbed you. I don't know what game he's playing, but one thing's for sure: The bastard's trying to have me taken out and using Detroit to do it. Have you guys heard anything about out of towners doing business on your turf?"

Before either of them could reply, one of the busboys spilled a drink on a nearby patron. The commotion caught Fulmineo's attention. His eyes immediately went to the busboy's wrist, and with good reason. The young man had a very expensive looking watch on. Fulmineo doubted he could afford that on a busboy's wages. Perhaps on an assassin's salary? Fulmineo got up and withdrew his weapon in one fluid motion. His actions caught the attention of the young killer and he fumbled underneath his apron for his now useless weapon. Two shots rang out in quick succession. The unfortunate young man fell to the floor dead, with a bullet hole in his throat, and another between the eyes.

"It seems we'll have to cut this meeting short. Another time perhaps?" Fulmineo said while backing out. As he spoke, a few of the other patrons had began to pull their weapons and adjust their aim. Force and his client ducked for cover as Fulmineo made his escape out the back.

"Find out about those out of towners! I'll find you guys later!" Fulmineo yelled as he exited the diner into the alley, two men on his tail.

Report Post Tip

Amaranda turned her head towards Force. Her eyes were wide as she tried to figure out what the hell had just happened. Taking in the scene before her she pushed Force towards the back exit of the diner.

"What the hell just happened?"

Her right hand was near her gun just in case she needed it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Bad Start
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL