Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:06:25
Page:  1 
The Tabloid News LIV Started by: Dread_Pirate_Pickles on Feb 04, '13 22:28

The Tabloid News LIV
Dread Pirate Pickles: Dread Editor-In-Chief

FROM THE EDITOR

So, there I was, walking home from the bar around 2am when I was stopped by a guy on the sidewalk in front of a house.  He invited me in to join their party and have some beers.  I asked if he lived there or if it would get awkward with the residents.  He lived there, so I looked into the house as their door was open, and there was a giant pirate flag hanging in the living room.  Being a “Dread Pirate” myself, my drunken mind took this as a good sign (OOC – if they like Coach Mike Leach, they must be good people).  I might have got into a windowless van with that mentality.  Anyway, so I end up in a conversation with this girl, and since I’m me, instead of hitting on her, we get into a discussion on regional linguistics.  A few times I had brief moments of clarity and wondered “why am I here?  How did I get here?”  I tried to leave once, but she made me stay.  We went back inside the house and there was a discussion on creation vs. evolution.  In my drunken state, I kept repeating “It was aliens!  It was the ancient aliens.”  Later, I end up walking the girl home because she lived a few blocks from the house we were at and a block and a half away from my house.  On the way, she mentioned she owned a business.  She told me she sells sex toys – you try saying “Cecelia sells sex toys” five times fast!  So, I told her I would buy a toy for guys from her if it would also spit in my mouth and call me names.  She didn’t get it.

TABLOID EDITOR ASSAULTS ENEMY WITH SWISS ARMY KNIFE

Last night after realizing his tab was more than his available cash on hand, The Tabloid News editor Dread Pirate Pickles needed to make the short walk home to get money from his sock drawer (rent be damned!).  Walking down the sidewalk, he was assaulted by a low hanging tree branch that scratched his forehead.  This is the third instance of assault by this branch.  Once it knocked him to his knees, and another time scratched his face.  Pickles walked home angrily, the hatred building up in his soul, boiling over like a pot of spaghetti that had been left unattended.  On his return trip to the bar to pay his tab, he passed the nefarious branch once more.  Overcome with brilliance, Pickles took his Swiss Army Knife out of his pocket and opened the saw blade and cut the branch off.  He returned to the bar carrying his war trophy for all the word to see.

KATNISS ACCUSED OF USING PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS

Tea Time reporter, Katniss, has been accused by the Associated Press Association of using performance enhancing drugs to type faster and produce more articles.  A three month long sting operation involving undercover APA agents has produced proof that Katniss’ normal writing ability is on par with a 3rd grade student, but with the drugs Typetol, Reporterin, and Aspirin (to alleviate finger pain from typing), she is able to produce the Tea Time.  There is no word yet what actions the APA will be taking against Katniss or Tea Time.

ZOMBEE IN LOVE OCTAGON

Zombee, another reporter for Tea Time, has been in family court to determine the paternity of her illegitimate love child.  She has accused Big Foot, Dracula, Donbot, Yeti, Herbert Hoover, The Mummy, Kuklinski, and an Alien of fathering her child.  “It was a wild weekend,” Zombee told the judge.  “I don’t really remember all the details, but I think that was definitely most of them.”  The judge could not be reached for comment as he was busy cursing his correspondence school law degree which kept in him in family court hearing cases as ludicrous as Zombee’s.

ASK RED WATCH: ADVICE COLUMN

Dear Red,
I’ve been publicly seen reading a rival publication and even won a cash prize for doing so.  I’m so ashamed.  I don’t know what to do!  It’s dirty money.  I don’t feel right about keeping it.
Signed, DPP

Dear Boss,
You should be ashamed!  You’re an awful awful man!  And, if you don’t feel right about keeping the money, you can always give me a bonus.
Red

Dear Red,
I need to tell everyone about Pickles’ promotion, but I can’t think of anything nice to say!  Especially after all the articles he’s written about my abuses of power.  What should I do?
Signed, Vaticus

Dear Vatty,
I know!  I had to introduce him at the office Christmas party.  Fortunately, he wrote the introduction for me, and I just had to read it under fear of death.  Perhaps you could let him write nice things about himself.  It’s one of his hobbies.
Red

CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE ABUSES PICKLES

CMM invited Pickles out for drinks last week, reporter to reporter, to ask his sage, sound, and wise advice on how to best write an article.  During the evening, Cash encountered a problem unique to women.  Not wanting to seem unseemly, she demanded Pickles find her a certain item used during times of problems unique to women.  Frozen with fear, trepidation, and no small amount of embarrassment, Pickles sat perfectly still, hoping that if he didn’t move a muscle, Cash would not be able to see him anymore.  “I’m Vaticus’ Left Hand Woman!  You have to do as I say!” demanded Cash.  Pickles was forced to go from waitress to waitress asking as discreetly as possible if they had an extra certain item used during problems unique to women.  He finally found a waitress with an extra certain item used during problems unique to women.  She thought he was being such a good boyfriend and was really sweet for trying to find his “girlfriend” a certain item used during problems unique to women.  Finally, Pickles found a girl who thinks he is nice, but he was unable to hit on her or even to try to explain why he was hunting around for certain items used during problems unique to woman for someone who was not his girlfriend.  Pickles is rumoured to have started crying.

Ed. Note – This has been a special edition of The Tabloid News because three out of the five articles are based on real events.  Yes, even the Zombee article.

Report Post Tip

Pickles you Bastard, I keep telling you I'm not a girl. I may be good looking, I may have nice hair, I may even have been hitting on you, I even sell sex toys from my fine establishment in Chicago, but I am definitely not a girl.

I expect a full retraction in your next edition. I still don't get the spitting in the mouth reference.

Report Post Tip

Now that Pickles was busy sobbing on the ground, who knows how this paper was even written, CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE needed a new face to fetch whatever she needed. She scanned the crowd and spotted a man she looked vaguely familiar. However she couldn't place her finger on where she knew him from.

Hey you! You there!!

CASH waved both hands obnoxiously at this man.

Stop spitting in the poor Pickles mouth! He's too busy crying over spilt tea!!

Silvia, the name magically popped into her head.

Silva! You need to go fetch me something of the women variety in nature!

As CASH thought about this man, she laughed.

You know, with a surname of Silva I could see where someone may call you Silvia and then just full blown think you are a woman.

Report Post Tip

Raoul looks over at Cash. He was about to hurl abuse at her when he recognised her face. It wasn't her fault she had memory issues, given her $50k a day coke habit. Rumour had it she sent New Orleans Associates into the grave yards to steal her the septums of newly dead mobsters.

Cash honey, you had no problems with my gender the other week when you called around to my place to question me for that Gossip rag you work for. In fact I believe you were well aware of it several times that night. I could be wrong, what with your constant screaming and thrashing around, coupled with your schoolgirl giggling at both my stamina and recovery rate. But I'm not one to kiss and tell.

I did though offer you a discount if you called into my emporium the next time you where in Chicago.

Raoul thinks for a minute and then smiles.

I suppose I could send you a little something though, you were an adequate diversion for the evening. I'll make it up before I send it seeing how you were so enamoured with the original model. I thought at one point you had a flip top head you took so much in your mouth at once.

Report Post Tip

Katniss closes the paper with a 'snap' when she's finished reading. She's not quite sure WHAT she has just read, but it was interesting nonetheless. With a small smile she looks at the people next to her, still caught up in perusing their own copies of The Tabloid News.

"Any day I'm featured in the news is a good day for me, personally," she says, helpfully pointing out the article where she is featured. "Although," she says, her face taking on a serious look, "These allegations of my performance enhancing writing drugs is ludicrous. Everyone knows I'm as straight laced and innocent as they come. Silly old man Editor of this paper just can't quite keep up with us young women."

With a giggle Katniss places the paper back on the rack and skips away.

Report Post Tip

Pickles watches people read his paper, but pays little heed to Cash and Raoul argue about transgender issues and organ harvesting.

Katniss, perhaps this was a suggestion more than an allegation?

Pickles runs away before Katniss can throw rocks at him.

Report Post Tip

ZomBee skims over the Tabloid News and to her surprise sees her name. She goes back over and examines it further, noticing that someone decided to 'report' on her hazy weekend of fun followed by a trip to the courtroom. Oh, how they got it all wrong.

Yes, I did have a pretty wild weekend a little while back, but I do not recall any of these people you speak of. As far as I remember it was just a fun in the sun girls weekend. I ended up doing some things I should not have and got arrested, and that's why I was in court.

Can't trust these tabloids anyway, right?

Feeling satisfied that she cleared the air, ZomBee returns to her office to work on some writing of her own.

Report Post Tip

Zombee, if you don't remember what happened, then I should think you would be grateful for the amazing investigative reporters of The Tabloid News keeping track and chonicling the events of your life.

Pickles wanders off wondering why nobody appreciates his hard hitting news stories that shed light into the dark crevaces of the soul.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Tabloid News LIV
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL