Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:10:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Roberto_Carlos Appreciation Society Started by: JamesKnowles on Feb 12, '13 08:14

Stelengum stepped forward from the shadows and grinned at Roberto_Carlos.

"And you shall have it, as I suspect you knew you would." He said as he adjusted the collar around his neck. It identified him as a priest of the faith, one of the last of his kind in the country, if not the world and Roberto's gaze dropped to it in deference. 

"I knew it!" Roberto cried and Stelengum let out a hearty chuckle that seemed to brighten the gloom of the Detroit branch of the Roberto Carlos Appreciation Society.

"Of course you did, where did you think I learned that single handed top spin backhand? A fucking tennis club?" Stelengum snorted. "Unlikely."

The pair had first met three weeks before in the open singles of the Detroit Club's singles championship. Roberto had dominated many of his opponents with his combative play on court; a big serve defying his height and incredible power behind his forehand. He had been confident of victory until he had been drawn against Stelengum. No matter how many big cross court forehands he had powered into the ebony lefty's backhand, they had been returned with vigor. Nobody had seen a single handed backhand the likes of that Stelengum possessed since JamesKnowles and Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) has famously battled it out.

"Then that means..." Roberto said, rapidly connecting the dots "...you knew him?"

"No, not him." Stelengum said wistfully "I was just a lad when the great man himself walked these shores. I was apprenticed in secret by my father and I was lucky enough to serve as ball boy for JamesKnowles once. It was the proudest day of my life."

"I bet it was. I fucking bet it was." Roberto had a far away look in his eye and whilst lesser men might be jealous, Stelengum knew Roberto wouldn't be and that he was merely proud to be discussing such things again.

"No, it was the proudest day of my life - until now." Roberto looked back to the priest of Robertology confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I came back for a reason Robert. You have everything you need to be a good tennis player, but you are better than that. You are so much better than that." Stelengum paused and took a few deep breaths, considering how to proceed "There are few of our order left now. I lost touch with my mentor long ago and I haven't encountered anyone else capable. I've decided it is time I came forward from the darkness and brought the light of our faith back into the world and it will be up to you to do it."

"But, why me?" Roberto asked, alternating his hand between a forehand and chopper grip on instinct.

"Because you are of his blood..."

Report Post Tip

Roberto was very joyful. After the conversation with who would be his greatest friend and preacher ever, Stelengum, he had an even greater desire to spread the word of the holy one. His great-great-great grandfather was quite the figurehead. Everyone knew of the man and his flamboyant associate, JamesKnowles, but he had passion to ensure everyone stationed on these shores were fully aware. He turned to Stelengum and embraced him with open arms. The warm body on the colonial titan made Roberto feel safe. He was defintely not going to lose this great man from his life. "Shall we Stelengum?" He enquired.. "We shall Roberto" Was his answer.

The two left the building together with a purpose. This could be the start of something incredible. The word had to be spread, it had to be spread NOW.

Report Post Tip

It had been a tumultuous 24 hours for Stelengum since he had returned to the light. He had taken Roberto_Carlos under his wing and had vowed to train him in the way of the faith so that he may one day become the head of their order and maybe, just maybe, master the single handed top spin backhand that would win him so many close matches.

The pair had left The Roberto Carlos Appreciation Society in Detroit and took the first steps in any spiritual development, a trip to the local court. Mentally Stelengum swore to restore the court in the grounds of the Society, but he knew that would take time that they didn't have, so they would have to settle for the local park for the time being.

"Are you ready?" Stelengum asked as he bounced the ball.

"Yes, Atoast." Roberto answered adopting the correct terminology for the first priest of the faith as he stood in the ready position. "Do your worst!" 

Stelengum tossed the ball high, higher even than HandsomeRob's extremely effeminate voice, and cannoned his racket into it. He was smooth, languid as he transferred his weight through his body, sleek and powerful like a panther on the hunt. The ball swung viciously out wide and curved away from Roberto due to the wicked lefty slice. It was an ace, undoubtedly. Only Roberto reached it, stretched wide into his backhand and managed to power the return down the line. It was a clean winner. Roberto Carlos looked stunned and then delighted. Stelengum gave a satisfied smile.

"Your game improves already, Abuttered." Stelengum said and watched as Roberto grinned anew at being given the title of first disciple. "Such is the power of the faith in the great man, who is of your blood. Soon you will become that great man reborn and no-one will be able to stand before you, either in the wide world or on the tennis court."

"I hope so, Atoast." Roberto said again. He was happy, Stelengum could tell. He knew he had made the right decision in tutoring the young scamp and that eventually he would be able to give him a gift worth more than any other. It was the greatest gift a man could give to another man and could only be done in the safety and security of the locker room, away from prying eyes. There would be time for that later, for now Stelengum enjoyed the remainder of the match.

He ran out 6-4, 5-7, 6-3 winner, dropping a set for the first time since he was a lad. He knew the outcome would change as Roberto grew into his role. As the pair shook hands at the net and exchanged "the giving" as he had taught, Stelengum decided he would need to revisit one of the old temples if he was to reignite the faith properly.

"A fine tongue lashing, Abuttered, well done." He said as he wiped the spittle from Roberto's pate with the sleeve of his robe. "Now come, we have important work to do and we must head to New York to do it." He gave his disciple a friendly pat on the bottom, as was customary between teacher and student, noted with pride how firm and robust his cheeks were and then header to get changed before their big flight.

Report Post Tip

Tho he did not know the man named Roberto very well Neal was still the kind of guy who could appreciate any good man. He smiled as he walked up to The Roberto_Carlos Appreciation Society. He walked in and looked around. He was hearing all the nice things the people had said about this man. He smiled and had a few laughed. This guy sounded somewhat wonderful. 

"Well I came, I listened, I read. This guy seems great. Carry on now."

Neal walked out. 

Report Post Tip

HandsomeRob had sacrificed the long flight to make to the once famous establishment. Hearing it was reopening gave hope to the once and famous RC. Rob wanted to enlighten the few on the glory of what it means to be a man. Roberto_Carlos (Soon to be Consigliere) is the role model all men should have. 

Hello all. 

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a mere admirer of the man called, Roberto_Carlos. As you can see, I am also a "Rob". I take this to great lengths as he as has taught me everything I have ever needed to know. How to seduce a woman; how to make love to a woman; how to hunt; how to kill a bear; how to kill a MAN. RC is a man amongst boys. A few interesting facts I am about to share with you all are true in every aspect. However imaginary you may think these are, please think again and ask yourself, "Is RC a god?".

1. The Holy Grail is looking for him
  2. Sharks have a week dedicated to him
  3. His signature won a Pulitzer
  4. His friends call him by his name, his enemies don't call him anything because they are all dead
  5. When he meets the Pope, the Pope kisses his ring

​A man amongst boys I tell you! I love that this Sanctuary is open and alive again. Please friends join me and appreciate the man called, Roberto_Carlos.

Report Post Tip

*Numbers4Glory entered the city with a single tear rolling down his cheek, etched on the walls in stone was the founding document of the much beloved RC(C)AS

JamesKnowles sat at the rickety wooden desk and leaned back in his battered leather chair. He had found the desk tossed out on the sidewalk in front of an orphanage and anything that wasn't good enough for those poor bastards was definitely good enough for James. After some tender loving care, he had restored it to the equivalent of a polished turd; it was covered in scratches, held together with gum and "Wazzo" had apparently failed his English test at it. James was proud of the desk and he knew his mentor would see himself in those battered, warped planks.

"This is perfect" James announced, a smile breaking its way onto his face. He took in the pendant light, which swayed from side to side with the draft from beneath the ill-fitting wooden door, letting the room intermittently bask in complete darkness and a warm orange glow. He heard the soothing plonk of the drip from the leaky faucet repeatedly hitting the unfurnished concrete floor. "Perfect." He said to himself again.

There was a gentle knock at the door and it nearly fell off its hinges from the impact. Luckily it held and James quickly smoothed down his hair and straightened his tie, hoping it was his mentor Roberto_Carlos. He took the 2 strides across the tiny room and opened the door.

"HELLO BOSS, WELC-" James abruptly stopped his tremendous greeting when he realised it wasn't the delightful features of his beloved mentor standing in the doorway, but the helmet encased head of Epsilon. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I am here to join!" Epsilon answered and she took out a heavy envelope and put it in James's shorts pocket. 

James looked at her and fished his hand into his shorts. He pulled out the envelope and quickly flipped through the notes inside. "Perfect! You're in!" He said with a grin.

"Naturally" Epsilon said as she pulled over a white, plastic lawn chair and dropped into it with a twirl of her skirts.

"So" James said, as he shut the door and returned to his chair and his desk "as the newest member of the Roberto_Carlos Appreciation Society, what would you like to do now?"

"Oh, I'm sure I'd just love to hear some stories about the great man" Epsilon said, pulling a nail file from one of her skirt pockets, "Perhaps you could tell me some?" 

James split a grin. If there was one thing he liked doing, it was talking about his idol, his mentor, his sponsor; Roberto_Carlos. He felt a warm buzz in his stomach and he knew the R_CAS, Detroit branch, would be great.

*He lays his favourite tennis ball and a pimp hat on the floor* 

Report Post Tip

*he walks around the room looking at the beautiful moments of history etched into the walls*

*this young lady is clearly impressed by James_Knowles associate to the gods, taking out a packet of smokes from her purse she leans back heavily on the flimsy plastic lawn chair looking James_Knowles in the eye. Before she is able to light the smoke James_Knowles looks at her with a sparkle in his eye and says*

Sorry but there is no smoking in the building...

*she winks back to him, slowly raising the lighter to her soft wet lips and igniting a spark. Taking a deep, long, hard pull on the cigarette she slowly sneaks one knee apart from the other, just enough space to make the man curious. She allows her tongue to slowly sneak across her lips as her knees continue to drift, as if James_Knowles was Moses and her knees were the Red Sea. Enough space had drifted now that the frills from her skirt were pulling straight and the young man James_Knowles, associate extraordinaire could just start the make something out in this heavenly divide. James_Knowles was in a mesemerized trance unable to take his eyes off the young lady, just when he thought he could take no more, a single testicle dropped from the divide, the hairs on which pierced into the air around them air, like arrows of shame through the young associates heart*

*she stopped for a moment looking up once more and asking the young man*

Do you like surprises?

His grandfather... Was a cross dresser? :O 

Report Post Tip

The incredible.... Roberto_Craslo

Robert walked into the dark, dingy office that seemed to have gained an odour not too different to burning hair. After his father had passed away some months ago and left him the keys to the office, he decided to pay a visit.

A poster on the wall, held up for a solitary drawing pin, covered in what looked like Black Magic chocolates, showed a picture of his father with his great friend, JamesKnowles. He raised a smile at the thought of their relationship and what James had done for the family. He was always there for them, running errands, helping out around the house; come to think of it he was around the house alot. Alot of the time when his mother wasn't there and always behind a locked door where James and his father spent hours at a time. Robert knew this would be the tennis lesson preparations, otherwise why would they be so sweaty?

Robert lifted up the desk and chair and rested his worn feet on the dust-caked chair. He lit a cigar and took a few tugs. Robert noticed a book on the side, the edges were burnt, and he couldn't make out the writing so blew away the dust. "R_CAS Member Contact Information" 

After spending what seemed like hours reading through the book of the details and what notes had been left, he thought it would be a good idea to contact some of these names, or indeed their next of kins. Robert wanted to make something of his life. Robert wanted the R_CAS to be brought back from the dregs of dust, and now unfortunately after noticing, piles of excrement. 

Robert left the office swiftly in search of anyone within the book who may have some information. Robert was going to keep the R_CAS spirit alive... 

Robert walked into the dark, dingy office that seemed to have gained an odour not too different to burning hair. After his father had passed away some months ago and left him the keys to the office, he decided to pay a visit.

A poster on the wall, held up for a solitary drawing pin, covered in what looked like Black Magic chocolates, showed a picture of his father with his great friend, JamesKnowles. He raised a smile at the thought of their relationship and what James had done for the family. He was always there for them, running errands, helping out around the house; come to think of it he was around the house alot. Alot of the time when his mother wasn't there and always behind a locked door where James and his father spent hours at a time. Robert knew this would be the tennis lesson preparations, otherwise why would they be so sweaty?

Robert lifted up the desk and chair and rested his worn feet on the dust-caked chair. He lit a cigar and took a few tugs. Robert noticed a book on the side, the edges were burnt, and he couldn't make out the writing so blew away the dust. "R_CAS Member Contact Information" 

After spending what seemed like hours reading through the book of the details and what notes had been left, he thought it would be a good idea to contact some of these names, or indeed their next of kins. Robert wanted to make something of his life. Robert wanted the R_CAS to be brought back from the dregs of dust, and now unfortunately after noticing, piles of excrement. 

Robert left the office swiftly in search of anyone within the book who may have some information. Robert was going to keep the R_CAS spirit alive...

Nostalgia was overpowering him... 

Report Post Tip

Even the Water gun toting Mudkip visited our sacred halls.

Mudkip had remembered long ago of a legendary man from New Orleans and later New York that had rocked our nation in how great he was at everything he did, Roberto Carlos (Consigliere) was a house hold name in America and he had remembered how much this young boy named James had appreciated him so much that it struck a nerve in Mudkip's heart.

Mudkip knew of the old R_CAS building down the road from his gym but he knew it hadn't been used in some time and never had a reason to go in there until now, the son of Roberto Carlos (Consigliere) was up keeping his fathers establishments and Mudkip KNEW he had to get in on the craze that is R_CAS before everyone is doing it.

I had wandered into the old building to find his friend Governor talking to a young Robert Cralso, the son of Roberto Carlos (Consigliere) and Mudkip had seen him trying to restoring the place to the former glory that was R_CAS

'Robert, I envied your father for much time young man, his reputation was the best in this world of ours and I'd love to see you, Robert Carlso, bring this place alive once more.'

Mudkip didn't have a lot to offer but money and some hired hands to help the man restore his families legacy

'Could I offer you some help and money to help you out? In return all I ask is... Can I have a R_CAS RP ribbon?'

Report Post Tip

Even the beautiful Arya.

Arya finally stumbles across her destination after wandering the streets of Detroit for hours. She was quite familiar with the legacy of the great Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) and his very special associate JamesKnowles and wished to visit one of the world's special testaments to their great friendship.

She approached the door and found she had to kick it to get it to open, clearly it had not seen enough use as of late, and then walked in and sat behind the desk. Letting her hands wander across the edges of the ledger for a moment she sat gazing at the poster on the wall of the great men.

She opened the ledger and traced the outline of a paw print within with her finger. It seemed to belong to a wolf-like creature, and she definitely had some of that blood in her. She felt a need to connect to this place, but her searching of the small office for a pen proved fruitless. She figured that Rothschild character must have run off with the last remaining pen.

Arya sighed and undeterred pulled her Needle out of her pocket. She pricked her finger and then pulled the ledger close to her, signing-

Arya

She looked at here signature, pleased with the quality of the lettering given such an inadequate instrument with which to write, then got up, took a last look around, and walked out.

*Numbers lights single candle for the beloved fallen heroes who were devout believers in the beautiful and beloved Roberto Carlos* 

Report Post Tip

As Rick was walking through the back streets of Detroit, he came across a building that was quite clearly derelict and had been standing since what seemed like the dawn of time.

Something gave him a sense that he was meant to enter the building and explore its innards. As he open the old brown wooden door with hinges barely holding the frame on, he walked along the dark corridor where he was greeted with a smell that can only be described as festering poo. To the left of the corridor was a large room which had a shitty old table, some chairs and a dusty book laid across the floor, complete with a pen dangling off it. The words '...appreciation society' could be made out but nothing more than this. As he began to explore more of the room, he came across various photographs on the wall of two handsome young men sporting what looked like tennis outfits including shorts which were quite clearly too small for them. One of them was a powerful looking bald man whose thighs were quite magnificent and pleased Rick’s eyes. The other man was quite the opposite; bucktoothed, untidy hair and had more chins than Nipper's phonebook. Rick couldn’t help himself but giggle as he looked at the ugly man.

“Wow, that guy certainly didn’t get any of the breaks that old baldy got in life” he said to himself.

Ricky baby continued to walk around and kick some more dust in the air. He pondered

“Could Detroit benefit from opening this old rickety building once more”

He wanted to find out more about what it all meant and what it's original intention was for. It looked like somewhere where people come together and have a good time that’s for fucking sure. A few laughs, some drinks, the occasional shit on the floor. What a place. A place Rick certainly was interested in.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Roberto_Carlos Appreciation Society
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL