Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 10:41:12
Page:  1 
Family and Honor Started by: Nichola on Oct 24, '08 23:25
Walking down the streets of the mafia world Nichola notices that the soap box seems to be empty. Looking around as the people pass by she steps up and clears her throat.

A story is worth a thousand words so the saying goes, but today I don't come before you with a story. I come before you with my feelings. Family and honor is what we all strive for, it is what we as mafioso need. The world around us would not be what it is currently without these. It could be called the basis of all that we are and can be.

Without a family the youth of this world would not survive and our world as we know it would no longer be. Looking around at the current Crew Leaders I smile. There is adversity among each of them that make them unique in there own ways. This gives each person a choice and a place to feel that they truly belong. Marietta thank you for this, and to all the Crew Leaders you work hard each and every day to provide all with everything they have. You give it all you have and I personally want you to know it does not go unnoticed.

Given the recent events, I look around again saddened by the bodies that have littered the grounds we walk. Even through this sadness though I see the honor that everyone shows time and time again. This honor to protect our families and those that have given us the right to call this "our family" is what drives us to work hard, earn and train. It is a vital part of each of us, and I have seen this displayed among so many. Even through defeat or victory honor is displayed by those that have given their lives (rest in peace all) or those that have survived and helped build what is as we know it.

I can smile again knowing that within this world there are people who do all and everything possible to instill these values within their crews. I do wish everyone would express their feelings as well. Stories are wonderful but feelings are what make us who we are. Thank you.

Nichola looks among the bystanders as she steps down off of the soap box and continues on her way down the street.
Report Post Tip
Good speech Nichola. This topic comes up every so often and deservedly so; it's an important topic in this thing we do. I firmly believe you should guide your actions in a way that brings honor to your family...and if not, then at least do nothing to bring dishonor.

Family is everything.
Report Post Tip
walks up to Nichola

Good speech Nichola.
Report Post Tip
*after nichola finishes.*

great speech
Report Post Tip
Walks up to Nichola and kisses her on the cheek.

Wonderful speech hun. You have such a way with words.
Report Post Tip
Great speech Nich. It's about time we see your true talents.
Report Post Tip
People need to remember where it is they come from. Where their roots lie, and the fact that their leader accepted them. Too often people forget this, and ride their own path while under the care of their leader.

Honor and loyalty seem to all too often be lost in translation when men and women arrive to our shores. It should be universal, yes. But it doesn't seem to be. And that becomes the cause for wars such as this. Rogues are the result of people who are too anxious, impatient, and selfish. Many now-a-days don't believe in family for life. They believe in their family until they think they're ready to move forward.

Nice speech Nichola. Hope to see more like these.
Report Post Tip
Watches from the crowd, after Nichola finishes he steps forward claping.

"Amazing speech Nichola."

Saul Smiles at her and wlks off into the crowd.
Report Post Tip
Good Speach Good Speach :)

Pats Nichola on the back
Report Post Tip
good speech
Report Post Tip
Zoey listened to the Nichola's speech and to the few people who spoke after then joined the crowd to talk.

I can't say I've been happy about the display of family importance and honor I've seen recently. There are mobsters ranked Made Man and above who left their families during a war. They pledged their loyalty to a family then left them in the middle of a crisis. That is not loyalty. They're obviously only looking out for themselves and not the family who took them in and protected them. It's the same as people walking around here for personal gain. They're only here because they want to rank fast up the ladder, get one hundred kills, two hundred jail breaks or whatever makes them feel special. It's ridiculous. They should be here to make their boss and family stronger, not for their own personal glory.

And honor? That's a joke. A few people I use to think were honorable were recently complaining and name calling over the death of their parents. They're from bloodlines who were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people and they've been around long enough to know war is a part of this business, but they whined like someone who suffered the first death to their bloodline. There is no honor is complaining about the death of a relative. I don't care if I'm killed because someone wants power, doesn't like me or doesn't like the color of my shoes. We work with guns. Dying is inevitable. Complaining about it isn't going to change it.
Report Post Tip
Listening to Zoey, Nichola nods

I am in total agreement with you. I made this posting in a effort to help and hope people would realize the importance of family and honor. Many people don't understand these things, or think that they do, and sorrowfully I have to say they don't. Over the past few days though I have seen those that have stuck thru and stood bye their families to the bitter end. Even though dying is inevitable, it is something that can be stared straight into with the honor of dying with your family. To those are the ones I speak and to everyone.
Report Post Tip
Eclipse walks up to Nichola and waits until after some of the other mafioso and done talking with her.

I thank you for sharing this with us. I inspire to be just like one of those mafioso that you have mentioned and I have learned a great deal from your speech.

After showing his appreciation, Eclipse continues down the street.
Report Post Tip
I really enjoyed reading this.

It brings up an issue we havent seen in awhile.

You expressed your points very well and i enjoyed reading it
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Family and Honor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL