Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 09:43:34
Page:  1 
Can't We All Get Along Started by: stjimmy on Oct 25, '08 04:31
It seems to me that some members of this world forget that we live in the early 1900's. Where the mafia controls everything from the booze to the police. Bodies piled up in the morgue and nobody to blame because the mob has pretty much every pigs pocket lined. Some people forget that we are members of the mafia.

Mafia: a hierarchically structured secret organization allegedly engaged in smuggling, racketeering, trafficking in narcotics, murder, and other criminal activities.

Now reading that definition is it stated in there that families need to vote on new leaders, or even just plain get along with each other? This is the mafia folks if somebody wants something then they should take it. Take for instance some Entrepreneurial Mafiosi decides he wants a little piece of Las Vegas. So said Mafiosi builds a shiny HQ in the heart of Sin City, who is to tell him he can't. There are no established families in Las Vegas so how could this be seen as an act of war? If no shots were fired at anyone and, nobody has claim in Las Vegas then there shouldn't be anyone to object.

I understand how people can say we like the way the world is now there are so many Families and everyone is getting along yadda yadda yadda. People forget we are in the mob. We kill people swiftly, silently, and without hesitation. We kill with Tommy guns, shotguns, pistols, and even sporks. We derive pleasure from torturing people just to hear them scream. So I will say again why do we all need to get along? Why do we need to vote new leaders in? The mob is not a damn democracy, it's a, I feel like taking this and nobody is going to stop me kind of thing. Where you shoot first and ask questions later. I could be wrong in the way I think so that is why I open this up to anyone with an opinion on the matter.

Disclamer: Many people will read this as a statement of myself going rogue and setting up in Las Vegas. That is not the case I merely stated a point that is relevant to the current situation in this world.
Report Post Tip
Well I think if things in MR would go the way you'd want it to go,no one would play the game anymore.Why do we need some peace and quite between families?Because then no one could relax while lvling themselves to higher ranks,and no one would be Capo,Boss,Consigliere,Don or Godfather some day because you'd die on your way up there.Everybody would be shooting at everybody,and MR would be a disaster for noobs,and for the admins that made the game for customers fun.I like to think this is a social game,so rules are important to stabilize relationships and draw borders between families.If you want to be a rogue bad ass mofo then this isn't the game for you.
Report Post Tip
See thats the thing about it, we say we are the mafia, but in essence we are like the citizens of a country and our crew leader is the Dictator. These leaders forge alliances, agreements, vote on new auths, and occasionally feud with each other. So seems like the current situation is less like the mafia and more like current world affairs.
Report Post Tip
And of course, Son_Of_Mafie is here in times of spiritual need.
Report Post Tip
I was walking along the street, looking for a nice cafto take a break from the busy day I heared a man talking about some serious things. I walk towards the man and listen. After he was done with his speech an some conversations with someone else I step forward

"That's a good question, my friend. Mafia or Democracy? Well I agree with you and I must disagree. It's true, we are not a democracy, hell no. We're no politicans, we have all began from the bottom, as poor citizens. 'Power can't be given...' comes to my mind, also a true statement. I agree with you that an open city is what it is, an open city - open to everyone. But then again I must ask myself, do we have open cities? For me a city belongs to the strongest family in this city, if this family gets killed by another family, no matter what family is it open then? I don't think so, the city goes to the victorious family in my opinion.

Well, anyways. Voting for a new leader. In that case I mentioned, the city owned by the victorious family, it should be their decision who will get the city, and only their decision. If this city belongs to more families it needs to be discussed and a voting would be okay, in my mind. In the end it's the decision of those people who are in the position of power what and how to take care of such things.

And another thing. 'Because then no one could relax while lvling themselves to higher ranks' - about this comment I was really shocked, if you can relax while you're ranking to the higher ranks then there went something terribly wrong!! You can't be serious about that, you're not supposed to relax no matter what rank you have, you are supposed to work hard for the family and for yourself, you need to earn your rank, not relax to your rank. If it is like that then I have to call in the current leaders to change that, because this just can't be!!"

I walk to the next bench, light a cigarette and wait for some other opinions.
Report Post Tip
Why is it that you see lvling ranks as a job?The game is meant to be fun,and realistic,not to be a job with obligations.You roleplay with a limit,so let's not jump the wagon shall we?
Report Post Tip
See the whole premise of this world is to RP and try to mimic the way life was in the early 1900's.

There should not be an emphasis on leveling as you put it. That is not the way it is meant to be, this is the mafia, people die, people come back, people die. Its just the way life is, so some people need to accept that fact.
Report Post Tip
You make some good points stjimmy. This thing we do, well, it is what it is. There is no level playing field. You are in the mafia. You live by the gun. You die by the gun. However, in all walks of life-- even here in our 7 cities-- it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. There will always be rumblings...
Report Post Tip
You are right,but that's why we roleplay at a limit.It isn't real,so some things had to be changed so that the game becomes more user friendly.
Report Post Tip
Hey the bottom line is yes there needs to be structure to nurture the young through their early phases. But really after that it becomes a power politics game. If everything was orderly, we would soon loose touch with this game. Order is needed to rebuild but its the dynamic culture of this game that keeps us here. Good or bad, we need rogues anomaly's are a must for us to keep interest. But at the same time we shouldnt just go about warring at all times.

In short, Wars are important but after every period of destruction and concentration, is a period of rebuilding...you cant be rebuilding the whole entire time!!!
Report Post Tip
I guess we'd need to balance these things to keep everybody happy,but I'll leave that to the admins.
Report Post Tip
The new mobsters need to start slow and work their way up in this world..

Mumbles and takes a bite from his sandwich

We cant be handing things out, but we have to have room to grow and the proper chances and positions for these new mobsters as they grow, and be open to giving them a shot instead of an old friend.. as they are the future generation criminals in our cities.
Report Post Tip
Fatality you hit it spot on. I agree that to keep us interested there has to be that measure of surprise not knowing what is going to happen next. That keeps us coming back.
Report Post Tip
You know, I don't know what in the holy fuck some of you are talking about in regards to a "game", "RP", and "Admins". Please, the knot on my forehead from banging my head against the wall does not need to become any larger.

St. Jimmy, your initial speech was spot on, before this conversation devolved into tardism. I only have one caveat where you may have overlooked something:

Take for instance some Entrepreneurial Mafiosi decides he wants a little piece of Las Vegas. So said Mafiosi builds a shiny HQ in the heart of Sin City, who is to tell him he can't.

Who is to tell him that he can't? Probably his Boss. You have to be a Mademan to start up your own family, and a Mademan is bound to his family until death, unless he receives the blessing of his Boss to branch out. To go against the family means a hit will out on that Mademan.

Now, if this person receives the blessing of his Boss, then it really shouldn't be anyone else's concern, unless they ALSO had their eye on that patch. If that is the case, there is nothing to say they can't come in and take it over from whoever tried to claim it with their weak hand.

And so this shines some light on the larger problem, which is relevant to this discussion. The fact that most of you are retarded and see this as a society governed by rules and procedure, sort of like a legislature or Parliament, rather than a criminal organization governed by power.
Report Post Tip
I have to agree with Hi.

I have walked these streets for a few hours taken everything in and I am impressed. There are obviously some rules in place. I have so far come across the under 48 hour rule that gives me protection from the masses in order to find a family. I applaud this rule as it gives me a chance to find a family that I am certain I will like and be able to give my all too. However I am under no illusions that if a person who was strong enough to kill all those currently in power came along and took over it would be abolished.

Rules for me can only be enforced by those who are stronger than the majority. Without power the rules lose all meaning.
Report Post Tip
Hi I completely understand your point and what you said is completely right.

Some people just dont seem to get what it is that they do, they think they are little nancy's who wanna all get along.

Well sorry folks but this isn't always the case is it?
Report Post Tip
Al-Qaatil scratches his head at these strange mentioning of pretending that it is the present day, or these men called "admins," whatever that means. He shrugs his shoulders and guesses people have been taking their drugs instead of selling them, and proceeds to voice his opinion, for whatever it is worth.

Hi hit the nail spot on the head. Sure, there may be open patches of land out there, begging for criminal enterprise to spring up. However, that doesn't mean anyone can just put up there and expect to be left alone. A family would not be OK with random fellows buying out and setting up shop for themselves. Further, someone else might have claimed the land for a future crew of their own, or if another leader thought a family authorizing its member to set up there was being too ambitious and needed to be struck down. In such a case, you could expect opposition to arise from a crew setting up without permission, even if it set up shop on supposedly open turf, and potentially even if they had permission. This isn't a democracy, to be sure, but there are still good reasons not to go about doing whatever you please.

There is one minor problem I see, however. Why are unsponsored gangsters targets if they're working on open turf? They're not depriving any families of money as long as they stay there. They're not disrespecting any crews by working other people's grounds. Now, if some family wants to publicly state that they are claiming the turf for themselves and that unsponsored gangsters are going to be working there at their own peril, then things change immediately. Maybe I just missed that declaration, in which case, please correct me. I have only recently reached these shores, and admit my ignorance of certain matters, which I am working to correct. If that has not happened, however, there's absolutely no motive to shoot at someone who's working their own plot of turf that no one else has claimed. Doing something like that is unprincipled thugdom, in my opinion, and it should be dangerously so, since no one in that territory is paying off the cops to not ask questions about the murders. It seems to me that the families at present are attempting to have things both ways in this regard.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Can't We All Get Along
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL