Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 23:02:54
Page:  1 
A Closer Look. Started by: Gambino on Oct 25, '08 16:12
Gambino walked out into the streets in front of Detroit's finest downtown hotel where all the mafioso were milling around. He held up his hands and called to the crowd.

"My fellow compadres in this thing we do... May I have your attention please?"

He lowered his arms and waited as the mafiosos quieted down and gathered around to listen.

"Thank you. Thank you everybody. I know how valuable your time is so I'll make this short and sweet." he began.

"As you know, times, they are achanging. The war is long since over. We now have new families and new blood mixed with old families and old blood. We have those of us who remain rock steady for their family no matter what and just keep on keeping on. We have those who flip and flop as they try to jockey themselves into a position of power and influence for me me me. And then of course, we have those who are totally clueless and have no idea what damn time it is, much less what it means to survive in this thing we do."

"With that said, I want to ask you how you see yourself. Are you rock steady and loyal to your family? I am. I am behind Doyle and Echelon 110%. I think they are doing one helluva job with our family. I will do whatever Doyle needs me to do, even if it is a suicide mission. That's my job as I see it."

"But what about you? Is that how you feel about yourself and your family? Do you think your CL is worth dying for? Do you donate to help the family or miser away your money to take care of numero uno? To each his own; I'm not standing here trying to pass judgement on anyone. I simply want to know if there is anyone in here today who has taken a good look at what his values are and where his loyalty really lies. I'm inviting any and everybody here to chime in and tell us how you see it. I'll step down now and turn the soapbox over to anyone who wants to speak. Thank you all for listening." Gam steps down and walks over to the sidelines.
Report Post Tip
Applauding Gambino she steps up.

You are correct Gambino. I have seen and watched those flip to and from families thinking only about saving themselves. I too stand behind my family more then my own life. That is what family is about. Our Cl's take us in and give us every chance to flourish. It behooves me as to how some can think that it is about them. You rank, you donate and you give your all to your family. I too Gambino stand with you 110% in our family with Doyle as I hope others stand with theirs.
Report Post Tip
After listening to Gambino, Eclipse walks up to answer some of his questions.

"Are you rock steady and loyal to your family?"

Now I haven't been in Fantom's family for too long but I would like to answer this question with a yes. I am loyal to Fantom and would do anything he asks of me. I owe my life to him. If he didn't take me in and provide me with a home and protection, I would surely be dead right now. I do look forward to proving this to him with my actions and I will not waste this chance he has given me.
Report Post Tip
I swear my loyality to my family and consider it a honor to belong. This question should'nt even have to be ask. Family ties demand you to do anything at all possible for your bloodline to continue.
Report Post Tip
Mitch decided to take his turn on the soapbox.

"I'm as loyal as they come. This family has been good to me and I plan to give it my all. And yes, Gambino, I would die for my CL. Fantom_Ghost took me in and gave me a family. If it weren't for him, I'd be dead in the streets. I haven't been in town long, but I've been here long enough and seen enough to know how fortunate I am to be in this family under his leadership. There will be no jumping ship for me."

Mitch stepped off the soapbox as he saw the next mafioso approaching.
Report Post Tip
stjimmy sits finishing the last of his smoke while Gambino finishes up

It funny that you brought this topic up Gam because a little earlier today I was having this same conversation in a coffee shop.

Let me say 1 thing, your loyalty to your family should always be 110%, no flip flopping, no oh i don't like the way you run your crew so I'm gonna buy out and join someone else. That right there should be death, no questions asked. Who wants someone in their family that they can't trust to stay. I know I wouldn't. I am loyal to Doyle til the death. Whatever and whenever I am there and I have to fear.
Report Post Tip
Antonio_Macelli is walking slowly down the sidewalk listening to all those who have been sharing their opinions. Eventually he finds a small group of mafioso standing around doing nothing, so he steps up onto a soapbox to respond to some of what he's heard today.

I believe the flip flopping is a bad way to live life. If you commit to a family, any family, you should be willing to die for them. They give you a gift. The head of the family offers to you protection from death, they offer you a place to lay your head and the food that you eat. A place to do your job, run your business or turn tricks. Those mobsters that jump ship and buy out of their families need to learn what loyalty is. They will quit the family and proclaim their loyalty to another boss the next day.

I understand that I am still relatively new to these shores. I am of the third generation my bloodline has had on these shores. I am still learning, but my grandfather and father also taught me much. We have been through two families and have died in two wars. My grandfather and father were both Made Men in their respective families and though the turn of events that caused the wars were unknown to them at first, both of them chose to stand by the family and die with them rather than turn tail and run. My father's boss even offered his family members the option to leave, knowing that they had not chosen the path that the family was going down.

Family loyalty is the mafia, that's how it works. If you make a mistake and join the wrong family, then you probably should have checked into the other families before you joined. You can listen to speeches in the street, you can talk and listen in the coffee shops, you can talk to people on OOC Avenue, and you can check with other mobsters. There are many ways for us mafioso, especially those whose bloodlines have been around, to check up on who is in a family and what is happening in that family. Educate yourself, make a decision, stick with it.

<after speaking="" his="" mind="" antonio="" steps="" down="" and="" waits="" for="" the="" next="" person="" who="" would="" like="" to="" speak="" their="" he="" into="" back="" of="" crowd="" so="" others="" have="" access="" soapbox="" />
Report Post Tip
Krazy finishes listening to his friend's speech as Gambino steps down. He walks to the soapbox.

"I couldn't agree with you more my friend." "Loyalty means everything in this life we live." "I would gladly die for my Boss Doyle without hesitation." "People who jump ship to go to others families are in my opinion looking to get power any way necessary." "I would rather build my friendships within my own family and earn my right to power." "If you were a Boss of a family and someone came to you and wanted to leave there family after they swore there loyalty and life to another Boss." "Sure you will take that info and that person in for your own gain but how long is it before they do the same to you?"

Krazy steps down and continues to listen to others.
Report Post Tip
If I am a member of a family, I will be loyal to my leader. In return, I'd like a little loyalty from them in return.

That means no going to war unless it is an absolute necessity, and if you DO go to war, have the common decency to send a mass mail to your family saying "Hey, guys, we're warrin." or something along those lines. If my leader can fulfill neither of those tests, then why the hell would I bother being loyal to someone who values me as nothing more than another person in their family so that they're that much harder to kill.

Call me a flip flopper, call me a scumbag, call me whatever. But when you, as a leader, adamantly refuse to listen to the advice of your right hand and commit your entire family to a war because you're an idiot, then you know what, I am going to look out for my own safety. Sorry. You don't give a shit about me, why should I give a shit about you?
Report Post Tip
Great Speech Gambino Great Speech

I agree with you 110% aswell
Report Post Tip
Loyalty is a two way street my friend. Lets say, for the sake of argument, that you are loyal to your Boss. You would do anything he asked without question...you have stated this and proved this loyalty.

Then one day, your Boss starts killing memebers of his own family...It starts out with one here and there...

"Oh, crew IA's" he says No problem Boss, get rid of those that don't want to be here.

Then it moves to a few more, a bit higher ranked individuals...

"Oh, they broke the rules" No problem Boss, no one wants a loose cannon that could jeopardize the families safety.

And then you notice that the old man begins taking random shots at other families members and you see it happen...

"Oh, he was disrespectful when he spoke to me...please keep that Witness statement to yourself" he says...

By now you should have a red flag popping up. I'm not saying that you should jump ship, hes your Boss and shouldn't be questioned. Still, keeping your eyes open would be the smart thing to do here.

Next thing you know, hes killing more and more of his own family for what ever made up excuse he can come up with.

This is where the bullshit flag, in my opinion, should be tossed... This person, your boss, who was at one point the man (or woman) that was the symbol of protection for you has now become a threat to you...what do you do now? Stay loyal? Let your Boss lead you down a path of certain death in an effort to better himself, having total disregard for his own family?

Another question here is, do you break the code of Omerta and go to another family Head and give up the information, prefacing with the fact that his/her life could be in danger as well? Or do you attempt to take matters into your own hands...do you leave your family and try to see if you mean more to the family elsewhere?

These are all extenuating circumstances, but you have to look at each situation independently and decide, what would UncleNicky do?
Report Post Tip
Assasin nods his head in approval as Gambino finishes his speech. He takes a long drag on his smoke before making his way to the forefront of the crowd

" Gambino's words ring true with me. The day I joined Doyle was the day i gave my life to him.

He would protect and safeguard me and in return I shall fulfill family duties with honour and pride. 100% at all times. When you join a family you do so not until something better comes along, but until death.

Doyle gives me protection so I can thrive in this world we live in so what would I be if I couldnt offer loyaly?

Simple......... Nothing!

Its my opinion that Doyle has provided me with many an opportunity since I first walked these streets and im not about to throw that back in his face.

I think loyaly is a key factor which your crew leader needs to have from you.

If not, whats the point in them keeping you safe from the dangerous world it can be.
Report Post Tip
Furio begins to clap...slowly at first and slowly progressing to a faster pace. He nods to Gambino and with a wink shows his approval

This thing of ours is above all about loyalty to your family. Whatever the family, whatever the motive, it is the position of family that takes precedence over one's self and the devotion unquestioned to the family
Report Post Tip
Steps to the front of the crowd....ahm! ahm!

Firstly, yes family always comes first. Our heads are willing and ready to bleed and if necessary die for us, for our safe guard. I think they deserve unconditional loyalty for that.

Secondly, with the whole flip flopper thing going on, we need to see why its going on rather then point fingers and bad mouth someone. And in my eyes its because a lot of us who died for our Cl's in the last war are now more or less forced to work for someone who was on the victor's side in the last great war. One minute you were trying to take them out the next your working for them...not a easy pill to swallow. With that said, i think most of the new generation is trying out who is the best fit in this new world. Its not like all these CL's were put in place from day one, they were established slowly and steadly. So its bareable when someone wants to buy out and join a CL who they prefer to work with rather then forced with.

However, now since most CL's have been established for quite some weeks now, the flip flopping should now stop. The only people flip flopping now are the one's that are trying to negotiate there way into a position of power. Anyone that hungry for power cant be a good cornerstone for any family and perhaps the accepting CL's should reflect upon that before accepting a flip flopper.

But back to the point at hand....I would bleed for the LuNaTiCs when needed!!!

Walk away into the shadows
Report Post Tip
As I would bleed for anyone of the Lunatics, my family comes first without them I wouldn't be able to do what I do. Everyone has something unique and special they can bring to the table, and without every peace we have the Lunatics wouldn't be what they are now. I love y'all.

After the war I am sure people were just trying to find the family that suited them best, as my fellow Lunatic had mentioned "So its bearable when someone wants to buy out and join a CL who they prefer to work with rather then forced with." The opportunity of exercising your choice of a family is totally up to you.

But I think you can tell if you want to be there or not, relatively soon if its just not for you no means do I think you should struggle it out. Yeah its dis appointing to loose family - but the people that don't want to be there are those really the people you want in your family? They are there because they have no other choice?

How deep will there loyalty be can you fully trust them? To many worries - you cannot force someone to like somewhere they don't like to be it just wont work.

Anyway just my two cents on the topic.

Jumps into the shadows that Fatality disappeared in.
Report Post Tip
Loyalty, is something that each of us can only have one. And I've given mine to Sir Doyle.

So, whether it's right or wrong, my family stays first. Period.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Closer Look.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL