Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 18:59:59
Page:  1 
The Men Behind the Mask Started by: Chuck_Bartowski on Oct 25, '08 19:44
Throughout our history, we have long had horrible leaders. Leaders who couldn't string more than two words together to save their lives. Not that their lives were worth saving, but I digress. When "RAWR ME KIL GUD" is the literary equivalent of Dickens to a leader, well, you obviously have to learn to tone down your expectations from that person.

And then, shock of shocks, they manage to snap out well written and eloquent posters in these streets and in their own headquarters. My god, a sudden change like this is amazing. They have truly learned how to strong along words to form coherent and, dare I say it, almost inspirational statements. True pillars of the community, they are a shining example to those who fear public speaking that someday they, too, can learn how to speak. Truly, they are people to be proud of.

Or at least their ghostwriters are.

What, you actually believed that an idiot who can't properly spell or enunciate thoughts could suddenly become amongst the most eloquent of speakers? Really? It's actually patently obvious to see that you, indeed, are not the one writing these speeches. Why bother pretending that you are? Why take credit for something that someone else wrote?

Do you TRULY think you are fooling people? Because you really aren't. You really really aren't. We are not the mindless idiots you seem to think we are. We have brains, we can think for ourselves, and some of us don't actually need to beg people to write our thoughts down for us.

I, for one, don't ask much from a leader. I ask simply that they show loyalty to their family and at least pretend that they are more than just mindless worker drones, and I ask that you not be an absolute ignoramus when it comes to public speaking. If you can't write more than five words without help, then frankly, you are not someone who should be leading a family of people, you should be going to remedial school to learn how to spell.

And to all the ghostwriters out there, I just want to say thank you. For providing endless amounts of entertainment from the peanut gallery laughing at your leader, thank you. I know that you toil away, unappreciated by those you write for, but I just want you to know that I, at least, do appreciate you and everything you do. Granted, probably not in the way that you would like, but you take what you can get.

Point of advice though, if you wish to actually make it seem as though your leader is capable of writing his own speeches, you must write more like them. Misspell a few words, through in random diatribes about liking cake, use all capital letters from time to time, and don't forget to mention over and over that "RAWR, ME KIL GUD."

Hopefully these simple tips will help you on your way to becoming a crewleader... or at least the voice of one.
Report Post Tip
Who are you talking about? I need examples in order to balance between taking your side, or not.

Careful who you point fingers at, this has been an accusation before...and wrongly so

ask yourself, What Would UncleNicky Do?
Report Post Tip
Now now, if I were to name names, then certain people (those being the names I named) would get mad and their pea brained little minds would have no recourse to my having named their names other than to shoot my face in.

And I rather like my face un-shot in, to be perfectly frank.
Report Post Tip
The real question is: what would Frankiefigs do
Report Post Tip
Well he would ask himself "What Would UncleNicky Do?" obviously.
Report Post Tip
Chuck, unfortunately we are not all blessed with great speaking abilities however this does not make them any less a decent leader.

In the past I have always gone over my speaches with other people and let them proof read them for me in the hope that it is ok, is it not possible that this is the case with whomever you have in mind?

If you're correct in your assumptions, then I say fair play to the individual. At least they have bothered to present themselves well rather than come out with idiotic ramblings.

I think you're forgetting that not all mafioso's are educated men/women.
Report Post Tip
That's Right Alise, that is exactly what I would do!!

Chuck, I hear where you're coming from and I'm not saying your wrong. Unfortunately it is hard to claim something a fact if you can't, or are unwilling, to back it up by giving an example...

Without that, these are just words, now don't get me wrong, and great debate will likely occur...but a good debater always give example and proof of fact. Generalized opinions don't work well in a normal debate.
Report Post Tip
Approaches the crowd....

Another dissatisfied customer eh?

It would seem that people tend to just ignore those folk that cannot articulate themselves well. There was a speech here not so long ago; I forget who the speaker was, my memory gets the better of me these days. Rest assured, after his speech I was left toying with the idea that they were not his own words; the proof was in the pudding when his speech was took no response from his followers.

I guess you know you have a good leader when he commands no support from the community as a whole eh?

Kicks the can in the gutter.....

Interesting speech, interesting points; I am a little let down by the general response.

Tips his hat.....
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Men Behind the Mask
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL