Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 06:43:05
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Inheritance. Started by: GustavoSerafino on Oct 26, '08 23:28
I believe their should be an inheritance aspect.

I bet if your dad was rich, and died leaving you nothing you'd be pretty mad wouldn't you?

Just like in this game, there is no literal father, but you work hard on your previous account, and all that work gets wasted upon his passing due to a war.

Nothing to start over on your new account.

Pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

- Serafino.
Report Post Tip
It would be very nice to get an inheritance, but it would give many people an advantage over others. It wouldn't be fair really, if some people could start over with millions, and others with nothing. You join the mafia knowing that there could be a war, and that you may eventually die.
Report Post Tip
I would suggest a small inheritance. Say an extra $500 or so dollars. Something of that sort. Something nearly meaningless. Millions would be bad. You should entrust your friends to lend that kind of money to you. :P
Report Post Tip
I feel it makes sense to not be able to get your money back. If you die, your new character is just that, a new character. He's not your last character's son, brother, uncle, or fifth cousin. Plus, if that were to happen, your money would just keep rolling over. Imagine a Boss that has millions of dollars dies, and then when they create a new character they start out as a thug with millions of dollars. That wouldn't be fair to the rest of the players and it would probably start creating certain 'monopolies' so to speak. Powerhouse players who earn a lot of money and never loose it due to death.
Report Post Tip
I dont like it sorry. Also when you died it would be taking money out of mafiareturns but if you give you money to your new charadter it would keep building more and more money up in the game without taking much out of it.
Report Post Tip
None of you people are realizing this obviously.

$500 is a bit rash when you spend several weeks making a great deal.

Here is an Example of what I'm trying to say, You have 870,000 on your old character, You have to purchase a will(20,000). And the amount left over is determined by your rank.

The higher the rank, the more left over.

Let's say your a don - You have 870,000(Very unlikely you'd have that little amount).

You buy a will for 20,000 leaving you with 850,000.

The maximum you can leave, is only 80% of the 850,000 left. Meaning you can only leave up to 680,000 max.

This is negotiable, just nothing over 680,000.

The rank under don, can only leave a maximum of 60% of their total wealth for their new character.

And each rank under that decreases by 10%.

So of course you're only getting a fraction of what you left off.

A max of 80% of 100,000,000 would only leave you 80,000,000. So of course you're losing quite a lot.

This favors more to people with less money.

So it's fair to everyone.
Report Post Tip
Ah, but an idea like that unfortunately will NEVER get passed on into the code. They are trying to limit the amount of money, not increase it. I could see a leaving of no more than $10,000.

POSSIBLY 10% up to a certain amount.
Report Post Tip
$100,000 max, ten percent of a million?
Report Post Tip
That's an even greater idea.

Thanks for the other ideas.

It's just hard to start out with $500 IMO.
Report Post Tip
How are you going to explain that $850,000 in assets to the IRS that your "father" had laying around?

Besides that, it is a common misconception that every new character is the offspring of the previous one. That is not really the way it is supposed to be, it's just something that players have "created". In true roleplay theory, your next account can be anyone. It does not have to be a familial relation. We, as players, simply use the term "bloodlines" as an in-character way of saying "previous accounts". We really shouldn't even have to refer to previous accounts in a perfect roleplay environment, but that's probably too idealistic. I think it would be challenging enough getting half of you to quit eating your own poo. Grasping true roleplay is probably exceeding expectations.

This thread was a waste of your time. It will never happen, and it shouldn't happen.
Report Post Tip
Believe it or not I started with $500 on Iris. No loans, no inheritances. It's not hard.

Start in Detroit, buy grain alcohol, fly to another city. Sell it. Petty your ass off. Buy a unit or two of a more expensive drug.. Sell it when prices are high... Rinse repeat.

It's not that hard.

Unless you eat your own poop like my beloved Mr. Piggy said.
Report Post Tip
I think the real issue here doesn't have to do with money but replay value. Completely starting from scratch is a hefty penalty compared to almost any other game. An 'inheritence' would help this but it screws with the game economy. We now have game accounts which can tie all characters created by a player to a single account. This will hopefully solve the problem with replay value. Whether or not an inheritence would be implemented would depend on a fair way to implement it. With the way things stand now the game itself isn't all that fair. Adding inheritence before the balance issue is fixed could make things worse. I do like the idea, but I think it needs some work.
Report Post Tip
New accounts have it too easy already.

They should start with $0 and not have the ability to buy drugs until Gangster.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Inheritance.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL