Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 07:42:36
Page:  1 
Loyalty vs Rank Started by: Prozac on Oct 27, '08 00:56
Im just here to throw out a hypothetical situation to create a bit of a debate. Ill make it short and simple so you dont have to suffer through my usual rambling on.

Lets say you are in a family, usually a good start as a mofioso, and your boss isnt very high ranked. You are lower ranked than your boss but feel you can do better than him. Would you suck it up and stay loyal to your boss? or would you leave and join another family so you can have a new shiny rank tag?

In my opinion, I would stick with my family. I would ride it out and stay LOYAL to my boss. To me he is more important than a pathetic rank. Its one thing to leave so as to start a family of your own but another to leave just so you can have a shiny new title on your sleeve. I find it totally disrespectful and pathetic to leave just for a RANK.

But hey thats just my opinion....whats yours?

Prozac
Report Post Tip
Leaving a family for such a petty reason would be the epitome of disrespect, and I would humbly suggest that any boss which would accept a crew jumper for such a frivolous reason is looking for the wrong sort of members. Family should mean more than your rank, to both you, and your boss.
Report Post Tip
Well lets take a look at this.

Your boss respects that with ranking members come a responsibility in that those who have shown that they do deserve the rank have earned it.

Now one might be proud of his Rank because he has worked his or her butt off regardless of expecting it or not.

Which comes down to actually working your arse to the bone for your boss and why do we do that? Because we know that He/She comes before anything else.

Many out there just look for the title, and many discussions have been aroused by CL's giving away ranks freely. For those who want to know why did "he" get made so fast, need to realize that you don't have a clue of the relationship between him and his CL for one. And secondly, stop worrying about others and get on with what you need to do.

Now if we all got on with what we needed to do and enjoyed our little mafioso lives from petty to post, dedicated our earnings and support to our bosses and enjoy what we do here, then I say that the rank simply means sweet fuck all to a man/woman who sees the bigger picture.

We all have different jobs here and within these structures, allow us to move within the circles that we do. We do not all agree on every policy nor do many of us abide by them and we know what happens then. But we come back for more.

Maybe Loyalty is not a fair representation to someones Rank, but then again there are those who have been loyal and may have died through some unfortunate act. Is it unfair to allow their bloodlines to be on the same level as a new member to these shores? Or does the foundations built by their fathers/mothers have no relevance and should not be considered?
Report Post Tip
La famiglia sangue, famiglia fino a che morte. Translated Family is blood, family until death.

My opinion is that when you join a family, that is the beginning of a bond that should be broken on only 2 situations.

The first and most obvious is death. Once your dead you really can't do much good for anyone.

The second is the prestigious honor of being selected to branch and have a chance at your own family.

Personally I think anyone who jumps families should be shot. Think about it, do you really think that is how things work. You wake up one morning and decide that you don't like the way your Boss runs things. Do you really think he would let you waltz off to another family. Knowing that you are aware of the internal structure of your family. Information that another family could use to eliminate the upper echelon of the family.

Someone can refute my statments, but if you sit back and really think about it, people jumping families should not be trusted.
Report Post Tip
When you first join our world, you are given 48 hours to find a family.

A new mobster, it would make no difference, as most likely they wouldnt rank in minimum time.. An old school mobster must do his or her homework and if they plan to rank that quickly, find a family that it is possible in to avoid the whole situation.. cuz once your in - your in.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Striphe.

Family ties bind. You can't say boo hoo I need out and expect any respect from those who have looked after you.
Report Post Tip
takes a draw from his smoke and grins

Even though this isn't pointed at me, I can't help but feel I'm going to end up coming across this. I am not one who is known to fly through the ranks and in a way I'm glad that that is the case. I put in my time and I do what I need to do to get where I am. But obviously there may be some who feel that my laziness (so to speak) is holding them back from achieving the ranks they feel they have earned.

This is all well and good up to wiseguy, but after that the promotions rest in my hands and just because you feel you have done enough to earn your promotion, does not mean I feel that you will be ready for what I expect of you when you get it.
Report Post Tip
i agree 100% with Prozac you should stay with your family no matter what rank your Boss is.

Your Boss took you in and shelterd you and your just going to trow it back in his face.
Report Post Tip
This situation is one I have found myself in on numerous occasions. It is actually a large part of the reason I have never made it beyond Capo.

In my opinion, a mafioso must reealize that once they join a family, their life is no longer their own. They are bound to serve the family head. Leaving for a rank is not an option. Any mafioso who would abandon their family for something as trivial as a higher rank is selfish in the extreme.

I have always believed that a place in the upper structure of the crew is far more valuable than any rank gained by other means. Actual ranks do not determine success for me.
Report Post Tip
Our Assistant Bartender is not often wrong and I find myself agreeing with him. Whilst the ranks do not actually reflect the titles and criteria that are associated with them, they are always going to be second to your actual rank within a crew, meaning First Mate, Ensign, etc.

Regardless, the true measure of someone is the amount of friends they have. Loyalty is an aspect of friendship and therefore loyalty is obviously more important than any rank. Good old friend test.
Report Post Tip
When you join a family the only way out is in a coffin thats the way it should be, to leave a family because you think you could out rank and be higher than your boss is the ultimate disrespect and basicaly saying I am better than you. If I was in the position of the leader I would kill the person with out a moments thought since they are basicaly challenging me is how I would see it.
Report Post Tip
Well personaly myself from experience i have been a mademan while my boss was only a capo and i knew i cuould be a better rank but i waited patently till my boss got Boss and then i got capo and so on so really you should loyal to you boss untill the end on ends :)

Yoyo
Report Post Tip
I agree on what Satan said the only way out is in a coffin
Report Post Tip
In my opinion when you join a family, you stick to that family till the day you die, or of course if you are authed to have your own family.

If I was that leader, and I was asked if I could let him/her join another family, I would've said "sure you'll leave my family dead"

Because that is a good way to disrespect someone, Think about when you first came to these shores, who helped you stay alive so you can rank?

That mobster should've been killed.
Report Post Tip
Loyalty is key in a family. If you are not loyal, there no point in ranking that person up. We saw that when one of our loved ones, Cab_Tufting, god rest his soul, was taken down by Doyle. There were plenty of The Silent members asking other crewleaders for invites, before they died.

Loyalty just makes the family stronger, even if they all die. I would rather go down fighting as an Earner, then leaving my boss out to dry and making it to Boss. But hey, maybe that just shows how stupid I can be. I dont think it does.
Report Post Tip
My bloodline has, and always will continue, to ride it out with a crew whether they were dissatisfied with a family or not. They made their choices, and lived with them.

Leaving a family over rank or the notion that you can handle their job better than they can is probably the quickest way, bar going rogue, to losing your reputation around here. If you made a choice about the family you joined, you should live with them.
Report Post Tip
You shouldn't even join a family if you don't want to be loyal to them.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Loyalty vs Rank
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL