Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 19:19:04
Page:  1 
Me vs We Started by: Nichola on Oct 27, '08 11:58
Nichola listening to all the speeches being given from the famous soap box decides to step up once again. Looking at the crowd of mafioso she she takes a deep breath to clear her mind and begins to speak.

Ladies and gentleman. I come before you today with a question of whether or not we as members of our families are looking at the "me" instead of the "we". Listening to several people over the past few days I can't help but feel that some have lost the "we" factor. Our families that we hold so close depend on us to support them and encourage those amongst them. I do realize that everyone wants something for themselves and they wish to achieve their own goals, and they will strive to do this. Without those goals, most people would struggle to motivate themselves to work, but what about family goals? I hear great things from the leaders of all families of the goals for their families, but what about those that are new to that family or those that do not hold the upper ranks? Do you strive to better yourselves or the family as a whole?

I personally like to think that everyone amongst us can avoid the "me" factor for the most part. Looking at the "we" betters so many more people and from that the family as a whole flourishes and thrives. "We" makes us strong.
Report Post Tip
Shouldn't bettering yourself be a betterment for your family as well?

The betterment of myself in what I do for my family is what everyone of us should strive for with knowing the we are doing this for each another.

I don't see anything wrong with the betterment of "Me" provided that making myself better for my crew is the goal.
Report Post Tip
I'm lookin out for me. That's cause I way too awesome.
Report Post Tip
I believe lots have lost the "we" factor, in fact over 60% of people. Over the last month or so Ive seen some crazy thangs in this world and I just dont see the good old mafia anymore. Looking out for yourself is..selfish? I suppose you could say and that life will lead you to a parlor you dont want to see. Looking out for your family on the otherhand is always most important and should be your main priority in this life. As you grow your family grows.
Report Post Tip
King_Cav

This kind of stuff is easy to say when your already protected by 1-7 bodyguards or more, less of a chance your gonna die and most likely they're trained and you've trained yourself with the money earned and collected by this time.

when your not protected or trained, as im sure everyone knows, you'll die easier which in turn will greatly limit the impact and longevity of the 'We' factor. A little bit of 'Me' time (plus earnings from money made going to family) at first until being situated like yourself with protection and training will most likely provide for a much longer 'We' time.

Which of course means higher donations, more contributions and more HQ's and more people. The family gets stronger once again from a small amount of "Me" time to a lifetime of "WE" time.

No offense intended by this, Just an opinion from a new family member.

We're a Family,
Report Post Tip
very good point, very good point. i agree with everyone. there is so much that could be waged in this thread and all i can say is, me = we. the more me, the better we. the stronger me and the better we. the loss of stronger me = loss of we (ring any bells?)

the me and we factors balance each other out and, if you are new, stock on the me.

if you are set, stock on the we.
Report Post Tip
DaWelder, how long do you suppose you would last if Doyle died while you were asleep? Especially if it was in a war against a cutthroat CL who demanded scorched-earth tactics?

The family should be considered a singular person, with each member striving to make it stronger. This MUST start at the top. If the Boss falls, everyone falls right behind him or her. Unless, of course, they are cowards and run as quickly as possible to a new family, or unless they are fighting one of these strange wars where certain enemies are considered "safe".

I never did understand that.

Christ, I hate all of you. Especially Striphe.
Report Post Tip
lol hi Hi. Your loved too.

You have some points Welder and so does my piggly friend Hi. But no matter what rank you are there should still be "we" time no matter what. Even if you cant afford to really donate, atleast help watch your Boss's back and the back of your fellow family members. I didnt live this long doing nothing, Ive fought in a good size war at earner and lived and I feel blessed but now its time to serve my current family as Ive always done since the days I was a little ole thug with ragged jeans and a ripped up tee. As long as you dont join the enemy if you ever do go to war and lose your boss then I see no problem. But my point here is, atleast help here and there for your family and thats all...not too hard?
Report Post Tip
I couldn't agree with you more Nichola. When you are part of the family, you must look at how what you do will help or affect the family not just yourself.
Report Post Tip
Nichola, you are the personification of "we"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Me vs We
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL