Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 08:14:55
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
No room in the 9 inns. Started by: Satan on Oct 28, '08 03:16
Today I found myself walking around the streets looking at all the great new buildings especialy the mass of new Head Quaters as every young lad dreams of having his own one day. Although this happy day did not last for long because upon closer inspection I was sadend by what I noticed.

Satan pics up a sign found out side all of the Head Quater buildings and reads it out to the crowd

No - Crew is full

Now I am are that some of the familys are really new to the cities but there are also a bunch which some might consider established now... Which is what brings me to my questions.

Why havent these familys upgraded there HQ surely there has been enough time to do so?

What are the new members now going to do for homes?

Will there be more auths?

Its a sad day to find we have 9 familys which is very rare to say the least and yet all of them have signs up saying the doors are closed. So id like to ask whats going to happen now?

A curious young man takes a seat and waits patiently for answers
Report Post Tip
You are correct, Satan. Surely the new families had plenty of time to arrange enough money for a new Headquarters, however, they were asked not to. They are only allowed to have a 25 members HQ for the time being.

The intention was to bring new auths before other families grow. I'm sure the leaders will figure out to solve the problem soon, be it by hq upgrades or news auths.
Report Post Tip
Has a seat on the stoop where Stan is speaking and looks up to them.

Right now we are coming up with ideas to fix this shortage. There still at there small Hqs to them established fully. It takes time to get a handle on things as some of them are new to leading a family. Rest assured this will change.
Report Post Tip
Saul see Satan speak.

"I understand about there is no room left in families but you still have to think what has happened over the last week. There has been rogues and a war between two families, so it has been a bit busy round here and am sure that the crewleaders will come up with something very soon to help the the homeless that are struggling for a family."
Report Post Tip
I believe candidates are being considered for running their own families in the near future.
Report Post Tip
There are actually 13 more spots available in total Satan, as the HQ sizes are 25 and 75 at the moment. So as you can see, Doyle has room for seven more people in his crew, should he choose to fill it up all the way.

Mane flashes a smile at Satan and shrugs.

I'm sure the leaders are aware of the current situation and will act accordingly. We did lose a 75 man HQ with the demise of Cab_Tufting, which has obviously left a huge hole in our community.
Report Post Tip
I am a little befuddled. Why won't some families expand! Some have the wealth to do so! *scratches head*

Leaders are too baffling sometimes.
Report Post Tip
I definitely have the wealth to do so. Hell, I could buy a yacht on the moon if I wanted, but I haven't done it. Why? Because, at the moment, I'm not feeling like upgrading to 75 people. What I want right now is 25 people I can trust, that are here for the long haul, people I know, so that THEN we can bring in more people. I'm training for the future.
Report Post Tip
The HMS Friend Ship is the only vessel in MafiaReturns, any potential purchases of yachts on the moon is strictly hearsay.
Report Post Tip
The "No - Crew Is Full" signs are not accurate. There are 9 jobs with crews available.
Report Post Tip
The "No - Crew Is Full" signs are not accurate. There are 9 jobs with crews available.
Report Post Tip
Numbers, surely solar system is friendly enough for two vessels? Especially if one of them is an ultra fun and friendly Moon Yacht.
Report Post Tip
1 spot left....thats all I have, who would have thought it. Only a few days ago I had loads of room but now it's getting a little cramped.

Not that I mind this though, I like having the size of family I have. It helps me to get to know each of my people better and builds a closeness that is hard to achieve in bigger families.
Report Post Tip
Zoey is correct on this one. Despite a sign signaling that there is no room, there is usually 1 or 2 spots available. And, in some cases, room can be made for someone if it seems fit. Although, I must agree, that by expanding the HQ sizes, we could bring in twofold the amount of members in each family.
Report Post Tip
Maybe the noobs don't know that!

I don't know... haha
Report Post Tip
Nods her head along with the conversation.

"All of you whom are having a hard time, all you have to do is find a family that you REALLY want to be in, and show them why you believe you are good enough to be in the family. If they absolutely cannot house you, I would suppose they would help you find your way. The leaders are usually very helpful for anyone considering this way of life."

She takes a step to reiterate what she just said.
Report Post Tip
I agree there are some spots left in crews, however, not enough spots to house the hundreds that are signing up to play. I definately think more auth's should arise in the next few days. Or the crews should be upped to 50 men crews.
Report Post Tip
Yes, because the signs say Crew Full, doesn't actually mean that the crew is full. If you look at the numbers, then you can see that the crew is not full.

As for the new auths, upgrades etc. Our new HQs will be upgraded here in the near future. We are waiting on word to begin searching for new real estate with more room. There also will be some new auths, it just up to all of the leaders to decide who they think deserve the spot.
Report Post Tip
There really isn't much I can add that hasn't already been said. I do believe that we will soon have a housing crisis if nothing is done. But I know that the problem is being worked on, and I have faith that it will soon be resolved. It does take some time to get things in order, get new auths set up. And I am pretty sure unless its changed, that once the plan is finished people will be able to upgrade. There are spots available, and you can always ask a leader if they have room.

I know people are giving Mari shit for the housing problems, but you have to realize she is the one putting the effort into fixing it. She is not only taking care of a large family, but sorting all of this by herself. I'm sure this will be taken the wrong way...but instead of complaining, lets ask what can we do to help and get things going.
Report Post Tip
My speach by all means was to give none of the leaders shit about this, it was just a discussion about something which I thought the people would like to hear answers from the leaders... Since we don't always get to know what goes on behind the closed doors of the meetings.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: No room in the 9 inns.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL