Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 17:51:37
Page:  1 
A young man's plea. Started by: JohnCerasani on Oct 28, '08 09:32
A young man walks onto the streets from his Chicago headquarters. The man looks a little distraught and unhappy, however he walks infront of the biggest bar in Chicago and begins to speak his mind

'Now, the past few days have been like hell for me. I am here trying to make a name for myself and earn everyone's respect, and help out my family The Undead Army, and all I get is disrespected. I was not aware of why I had so much disrespect coming in my headquarter mail and even while walking down the street. After enough mails and people approaching me, I realized that My mother and her crewleader had a misunderstanding and she was killed on the spot. Now, I am sorry to say, but I have nothing to do with my mother, she gave birth to me, and taught me the way of life, but since then, I have not been involved in any of her actions.

Now, I don't understand why I am getting bullshit for what she did, after all, we are two different people am I correct? I have gone to many coffee shops and as soon as I take a seat, they kick me out and ban me from their establishment. Why? Do people like causing problems? Do people hold grudges against ones family?

People all make mistakes, I am sure my mother has made her own, and hell I probably will make some, but those are just mistakes. Isn't the best way to learn is from your mistakes? I know I will never have a extremely bad mistake, but maybe I put my shoes on the wrong foot. You going to kill me for it?

All I am saying is I don't want to take the blame or beating for what my mother did, I want to be looked at as a new person, a different person then one of my mother. I want my fair chance just like everyone else has. I don't want to have to earn my way up thinking in the back of my mind that my crewleader or another crewleader thinks of me as shit and will kill me as soon as I gain rank.

But, why? Why hold grudges against one's offspring? I surely don't see any pleasure in it at all.'

John walks over to the curb and sits on it, he pulls out some smokes and lights it up
Report Post Tip
listesn to the mans pleas and sighs

John you came to me last night and we spoke about this. I am sorry that you are getting treated this way. As far as I am concerned what passed between your mother and me ended the minute I took her life.

lights up a smoke and takes a draw before carrying on

These people who are giving you abuse concerning this matter no nothing of what they speak about. What transpired was in house between your mother and me. If I can forget about it, then everyone else should. The sins of the father, well mother in this case should not be passed on to the son. You should be given your chance to prove what you are worth to a family.
Report Post Tip
Azuela walks down the street and notices a young man in considerable distress sitting on a curb. He listens to the man's speech and then begins to walk on.

He pauses, mulling something over, then turns around and grabs a seat next to the young man.

John, we live in an imperfect world. We are a relatively small and tight knit community. Most people here know each other if not personally, then at least they know of the family line. Due to the nature of our line of work, a mafioso's life expectancy is pretty damn short. There simply isn't enough time to get to know everyone. So oftentimes, the best way to form an opinion on someone, is by their bloodline.

While I agree (in theory at least) that everyone should be judged on their own merits and not on their predecessors, I also realize that this is not going to be the way of things every time. People will hold on to the past, to expect them not to is naive at best.

There are two way to escape this judgement. The first is to make sure that people do not know your lineage. The second is to change their minds through your actions.

Azuela gets up, gives the young man a pat on the back and begins to walk off.

He pauses for a moment and looks back at the young mobster

Look's like you've got some work to do. Best of luck to you man.
Report Post Tip
Azuela pretty much said what I wanted to say.

You're right, you should not be responsible for your mother's actions. But unfortunately people are biased and are not always logical when it comes to decision making.

Perhaps you should go on the DL for a bit, maybe things will then lighten up, or continue to fight your case even though it may be a painful process.
Report Post Tip
Zoey heard a plea on a street corner and walked closer to the young man to listen.

Hmm I'm curious about who you're mother was and what she did. I need more details about your problem before I can give my opinion about it. So kid, who was she?
Report Post Tip
Marietta opened up the bag and peered inside to count seven perfect scones sitting and waiting for her. She was going to wait until she got back to the offices, but a visual image of Zoey stealing her treasure and eating each and every single one while Marietta cried in the corner was too much to bear. Pulling one out she took a gigantic bite and began to chew the pastry with little effort. Sure, she would share the rest when she got back, but this one was all hers to enjoy. There was nothing better than a warm scone on a cold day.

A voice outside of the bakery made the Don's ears perk up, and clutching her bag tighter she traveled around the corner of the building. Sitting on the curb was a young man who bore a striking resemblance to... someone Marietta believed she may have known. But who? Slowly she chomped on one scone, and then another as she watched three men approach the thug, giving him advice. From the snippets the woman was able to hear over her own loud chewing, she did indeed know this man: he was the son of HellsBells.

Waiting until the last of the men had cleared away she walked over to the curb and delicately sat down, smoothing her black skirt and pulling her coat tighter around her body as she did so. The boy stared at her strangely and in return Mari merely inclined her head. You look like your mother a bit, was all she said, opening the bakery bag and holding it towards him. Scone?

Hesitantly he took one and Marietta pulled out her third pastry for the morning. In silence the pair nibbled on their food until the woman cleared her throat, feeling the dry crumbs of bread getting caught in her throat.

You know, she said, coughing a bit to clear her throat and smiling apologetically as she did so, There is nothing I can say here that none of the men who spoke before me haven't already. Waving the puff of smoke from John's cigarette from her face she continued. It is most unfair that you are being judged based on whatever discrepancies your mother had with her family. Unfortunately, as the second man said, we live in a small community, and people around here just don't know how to judge people, except based off of their family line's past actions.

Sadly, that's not the way it should be. Marietta sighed, pulling out yet another scone and pressing it to her lips greedily. Everyone always cries about how the community needs to be taken to the next level. How we need to grow and expand. Yet it's not until people drop these sort of assessments will we actually be able to do that. We're supposed to remember the past, sure, but look and work towards the future. Mistakes will be made along the way, but ultimately the goal is to move in a new direction. Judging people only creates a vicious cycle that tears people down and keeps us all in this little lock box of the past.

Marietta gave a glance towards the boy and smiled once more, shrugging. If you yourself can remember that, you're a cut above the rest. And until then, we can only hope the rest of the population comes around to our way of thinking. I think you'll be able to find work around here, son. Just have to find the right people to give you that chance.

Offering up one more scone to the boy the Don stood, taking a deep breath and muttering, I'm getting too old, to herself. Keep that good head on your shoulders, boy, and you'll go far. Nodding towards him, Marietta began to walk down the street towards her car once more. Looking inside the bakery bag to pull out another scone she realized, with a shockwave of horror, that she only had one left. Oh what the fuck?!
Report Post Tip
This is the way around here, you will be judged in the coffee shop and then disrespected on there and in the game. It is a very unfair thing i agree, i for one try my best not to judge anyone on something they have done before. Although in the past ther have been people my family line have turned there nose up at, for that i apolgise.

Although you do seem to be a good person, your mother may have done something which others have not taken lighty, but i don't think you should be judged for it, your a completely different person now.

I can understand if your son/daughter came back with the same agenda but if you havent you shouldnt be treated like it.
Report Post Tip
John stands up as he gets a crowd

'For those who weren't aware, HellsBells, was indeed my mother. What happen between her and her leader will remain a secret as it pretty much shouldn't be aired here, it is neither the time nor the place.

As for what you all have said so far, I know this is the way of life around these parts, however, I am just stating that I don't like it, and I think it should change. I know it probably will never change, however, we as a whole should not settle for it the way it is.

If people in families are indeed bloodline judging then something should be done, whether it be demotion, gun loss, or some other punishment, until the majority of the community accepts the fact that bloodline judging is not right. As for people walking the streets unsponsored, if they meet the age requirement and have no family, they are to be shot, right? Well, the community as a whole accepts that.

It takes one person or maybe a small group of people to slowly work to change things upon this community. I am not saying we have to, it's just my plea. I know I have alot of work ahead of me, to make people forget my mother's actions and accept me for me, but it's as simple as this. I am sick of walking in my mother's shadows, I will be working my ass off to create my own shadow, but when I pass, I do not want my son or daughter to feel the wrath of ANY mistakes I might have made in my past. I want them to be seen for the wonderful man and woman they will grow up to be.

John puts out his cigarette and throws it into a puddle of water
Report Post Tip
Zoey rejoined the conversation after a few other people spoke.

People are always going to judge others, give special treatment to people who don't deserve it and let some get away with things others are killed for. There's no point in complaining about it. It's not much different for legitimate business men and women either, or so I hear.
Report Post Tip
JohnCerasani looks over to Zoey

'I would hardly look at what I said today as a complaint. That is the last thing I would classify it as. I am merely saying we should look at these little things more carefully and possibly act upon it.'
Report Post Tip
Ok, I'll rephrase it. There's no point in pleading about it.

Usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I know that's not a nice thing to say, but in most cases it's right. It takes time for someone to be seen as different person than his or her parent. Sometimes that never happens. People are always judged by their bloodlines. It might not be fair, but we work in a tough business. It's not always fair.
Report Post Tip
John laughs, as he blows a puff of smoke in the air

'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, hmm. That's a good saying. But it would be better if you could prove to me that I am going to be like my mother. There is no proof, hell, the minute I stepped foot on this very street, I had people shouting my name, and calling me various names and all this other bull.

I am not pleading for sympathy, I am not pleading for forgiveness. I am pleading to those who want to make these very streets a better place, to give me a hand, and help me up. Instead of kicking me whilst I am down. That is another good saying, that I very much like.'

John sits back down on the curb
Report Post Tip
Passing the street corner where Oops had his first encounter with this strange man

Overheard your conversation. Meh, I don't know what she did, couldn't have been that bad? I mean, I never heard about her. Oh and while we are on the topic of phrases, heard this one? "You are no one until someone speaks about you"

Chuckles whilst offering the Kid one of his smokes

Go on take it. If its anything, I forgive you. Now get up of these streets and project a positive attitude! And if you clean yourself up and start to make a decent living, I do reserve the right to publish this encounter for my book in motivational speaking!

Offers the man a light and without another word leaves the same way he came from
Report Post Tip
Chilli is walking down the street when the sweet sweet smell of scones perks him up. Chilli looks everywhere in search of where the sweet sweet smell is coming from. Chilli walks forward and looks up ahead in the corner. He sees his lady boss Marietta with a bag from the bakery. She seems to be listening to a man speak. Several others are there as well. Chilli went on and heard the man out.

Chilli kept looking down at the scones his boss. She looked up ath im and took a big bite... a slow bite. She knew he was dying inside. Chilli tried his best to hear the man out. Chilli kept looking back and forth at the scones and the man until finally the man was done.

Chilli looks down at the man and says:

Listen, son I sympathize. I really do but let me tell you something. this little charade you are doing here isn't going to get you anywhere. You will never make it in this life pleaing like this in the streets. You gotta be tough son. You think some goombah is gonna care about your pleas when he has his pistol aimed straight at your head? Toughen up. Making this plea wont do shit. Actions speak louder than words. Your mother may be at fault but you carry her DNA, her genes... so anything is possible. Now get up and show them you are different. Make money for the family. Donate. Extort some businesses. Rob banks. Do whatever you need to do except this. People gain respect by doing what needs to be done not by crying about it in the streets.

I know I sound like an asshole but its to teach you the ways of the streets. We are mobsters not school teachers. We wont pat you on your back and give you a smilie sticker.

With that said Chilli makes his way to the bakery to buy 2 bags of scones.
Report Post Tip
Takes a bite of a scone of his own

All you had to do was ask.

He smiles as he implied that Marietta gave him one as he waved at her with gratification

While you are in there, grab another for me will ya?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A young man's plea.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL