Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 17:32:14
Page:  1 
~^Lessons To Be Learned^~ Started by: busterman on Oct 29, '08 16:44
Steps up on the soapbox, and raises her voice for everyone to 'listen up'. Ignoring the suggestive shouts from the men, she motions for everyone to quite down.

Okay everyone, I have a few words to say. As time goes by, people who are new to the streets, and even some who aren't, don't seem to realize what respect and loyalty are. Well guess what? That needs to change. There are many people who have worked hard to achieve their status in a family, or as the head of a family. These people try to help everyone, and in return they get scorned. These people deserve to be respected. They don't deserve to be talked to like they are trash on the side of the street. Especially if you are new to our way of life. If you want to learn the tricks of the trade, these people are who you need to show respect to. They are the ones who's favor you need if you want to get anywhere in this life, or even to keep your life. Even if you don't know them personally, their rank alone should cause you to respect them.

Another thing is loyalty. If you are graced with the opportunity to become part of a family, it should be that family that you will do anything for. That you would die for. This is not a free for all where you think 'oh I might like to be in this family', and then after a while 'oh this family is getting boring, I would rather be in this one.' How can people like that be trusted? The fact of the matter is that they can't. These people don't know what loyalty means. To all of you listening right now, loyalty means to have unswerving allegiance to a cause or person. This is a lesson that everyone needs to heed. Especially if you want to make it in this way of life.

Thank you all for listening, and feel free to say anything about it that you like.

She steps off of the box, and off to the side, waiting to listen to what others have to say.
Report Post Tip
Gambino calls to Busterman from the sidelines of the crowd.

"I won't bore you tonight by getting up on my soapbox, but I would like to say I hear you Busterman and I agree with you 100%. Family is everything. Each of us must take a good, honest look at inside and ask ourselves, "Am I someone that a family would be proud to have?" Each of us has to work on making "YES" our honest answer. When we can do that, then we know we are giving our all to the family and being respectful not only to the Boss, but to everyone we encounter.

Gambino stepped back and quickly disappeared into the milling crowd.
Report Post Tip
I believe that the four pillars of this thing of ours need to be looked upon by all as the most important thing to strive for in our society. Our young mafioso must be taught the ways of our forefathers in order for us to see the change we need.

I think it may be time for another public "school" to be set up so that those new to our shores can learn the traits that are valued in our society. It has been a while since I have seen such a place, and with all of the new blood it may be a good idea.

He pauses for a second, and looks out into the crowd of young faces.

Folks, I know we don't have the facilities set up yet, but please take some time if your bloodline is new to familiarize yourself with our ways. Seek out a member of our society who can help you. Myself, busterman, any of the leaders of our world. We all know the way. I do hope to see another place of learning erected for you, but until that time I would suggest taking your learning into your own hands.

Returning to the conversation at hand.

Now I know that it is not simply the new blood. Some of us have been drifting away from our ways because we can and because it is easy. We must all remember why we do what we do in the way that we do it in order to keep our world from breaking out into chaos. We must do our best to keep our crime organized, and keep pushing our society forward and upward.

After speaking, ProphetOfDeath slips back into the shadows from whence he came.
Report Post Tip
Busterman thanks POD and Gambino for stating their opinions...at least someone was listening :)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: ~^Lessons To Be Learned^~
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL