Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 05:02:36
Page:  1 
You wanna talk? Started by: StripheCorelli on Oct 30, '08 19:17
A young mafioso rushes up to the HQ building.. pounding his hands on the large 24k golden doors, the man young man eagerly tries to get ahold of the boss.. after a few minutes of banging on the door, it opens.. a large man stands in the doorway

The young man says in a shaky voice "Is the boss around?? I needed to get his drug prices, and say what's up!!"

The man in the doorway shakes his head and steps outside of the doors.. Looking the man mafioso directly in the eyes..

Listen up kid' there is a few things you need to learn about how this family is run, and how unwritten laws of our criminal dealings and how family structure work around these parts..

First off, around this family you cant just run up and speak to the Boss.. You remember the family structure we went over the other day? Well that's how this all works, and we must follow it or the Boss will take actions into his own hands..

The boss..well he enjoys spending his time getting massages, playing blackjack and spending his time in meetings.. When he is interrupted with non-emergent messages it disrupts his day, and violates the family structure and rules set in place.. and well, can lead to trouble.

The man pulls out a piece of paper.. it reads "Around here, we follow this structure.. you got a problem kid' you mobmail your sub crew leader.. if he isn't around you mail the next mobster up the chain in your structure (LHM|RHM|Etc)..Unless it is an absolute emergency..

When the time is right, the Boss will make contact with you and talk to you.. usually this is about the time you gain the rank of Made in the family and truly become family.. Don't worry the boss is always watching how you act and taking reports from his structure below him.

The man hands the piece of paper over to the young mobster

Listen kid' it's not meant to make you feel that your not special to the family, its meant to make it special to be "In the family".. You wanna talk to the Boss in The Corelli Crime Family.. well, earn the right... of course the Boss has friends he will talk too, but unless your a close friend of the Boss.. he is unavailable until the time is right.. The FBI is constantly after him, he cant be conversating with every mafioso on the streets..

You understand the principle?
Report Post Tip
After intently listening to the new Don's speech, Zishla steps up and responds.

Well, I agree, not all matters need to be brought to the boss. The Boss is busy on a usual basis, and shouldn't be swamped with more things to do, such as mailing each member of his family with drug prices. However... From the stories I have heard from my ancestry, I think that some of the best families were the ones with friendly Bosses. As in, someone who the underlings, (I use "underlings, for lack of a better word), can talk to and understand. I personally respect a friendly leader more than one who ignores his family. However, that is entirely my opinion and my thoughts on the matter. Its a wonderful topic to discuss.

Trots off back to the HQ..
Report Post Tip
As a leader, I can see where this comes from. I am constantly beckoned, only to see if I can find someone a high heroin price, or some other reason that disrupts my work.

I like to get in contact with everyone in my family at some point, but on my schedule. I know that sounds kind of rude, but the Mafia isn't all about kindness. If you have something that needs to be said, or is important to the function of the family, then it is okay to contact the boss directly, but if it's just gibberish nonsense, then most likely it should be ignored.

There are times when business is slow, and I welcome a "Hey Fantom, how goes it" or something of that nature, but they are a rare pleasure.
Report Post Tip
Mitch nods to Zishla after hearing him speak and steps up to add his own opinion.

I agree with you Zishla, but then again I agree with Don Striphe. Running a family has to be some of the busiest work around. Although we would all like to sit around and chat it up, there is a business to run after all, and sometimes having your meeting room flooded with small things can really lead to clutter. Now, I'm not saying Crewleaders should treat their members as peons, but the lower ranks need to know that the boss has a lot on his/her plate and although you are trying to be friendly, ask yourself; "Am I getting in the way?"

Don't be afraid to talk to your boss, but if the matter is trivial, think twice about wasting their time. You never know what important matter you pulled them away from. In a dangerous lifestyle like ours, a boss has to be alert at all times and focused on the task at hand.

Mitch steps back into the crowd, taking a moment to kiss a few hands and shake a few babies as he heads back to the HQ
Report Post Tip
I understand the principle dear friend,

Just as the Creator molded us by his very hand, the empires and dominions we hold over bread and coin, they are held together first by clay and then by iron.

If we treat the clay relatively good, it will remember our charity when it becomes iron one day. That charity, with luck will reinforce the loyalty and dedication, you expect.

While, we exploit the sweat of the common folk, they also exploit our own greed and ambition.

What I am saying is, it's best to be approachable within reason. To remember names and speak with people. Don't give yourself away, but something tangible, a personality, represent an idea that others can touch, that your servants can tap into. They'll love you and they'll die so that your wealth is not reduced, that a hair on your head is not harmed. Tempt their thirst for wisdom and ambition for greater things.

These little moments, they mean alot, and as the life of an underling is an expendable, the relationship between the tree and branch, they are not. For a tree without any branches will not bear fruit and the burden of handling the weight of the branch is not the branch alone.
Report Post Tip
Christ sakes, Striphe, you sound almost like a mafia Boss! Imagine that...

Zishla, why do you say "underlings...for lack of a better word"? That's what they are! Fucking underlings! They are the shit that a mademan scrapes off the bottom of his shoe!

It's high time you retards began acting like mobsters rather than girl scouts. Striphe is moving in the right direction where that is concerned. Whatever you want to say about him, he knows how the mafia works. Thank fuck for that.
Report Post Tip
Striphe, I couldn't agree with you more. I completely understand what you are saying, and have dealt with this issue way too much. I am all for talking with my members, as it is a good thing to get to know your family and let them know you are there to help. But as you said, they need to realize that the structure is there for a reason, and there are appropriate people to go to. Yes, the leader is there to help you out, but they have important things to do instead of answering a million random messages.
Report Post Tip
This is something that I agree with VERY VERY much. It brings us back to the true mafia lifestyle. Once a kid get's there sitdown with the boss, then they know they're truly becoming a part of the family.

Now Zish, It's true that friendly bosses are great. But how often should some gangster approach a boss? Never. In our family, we are going by a strict structure.

We've come to the conclusion that this will bring back the true honor of becoming a Made Man. Once your truly "In the family" then you will know more about it. Until then, you have to bust your ass off.

I personally think it is genius.
Report Post Tip
Listens in to the speech. ProphetOfDeath steps forth to put in his two cents.

I definitely agree with you Master Striphe.

There needs to be understanding amongst the mafioso that being in the family is already a high honour. To be in constant contact with the boss is a privilege not a right. You should be trying to impress the boss so that they want to talk to you. You should have to prove your worth.

ProphetOfDeath takes a step to the side.

This is not to mean I do not condone speaking with your leader if it is really important. However, if you want just small talk I think you should save it for the coffeeshops. The day of a leader is indeed a much busier one than that of most others, time is money, and it makes the world go round.
Report Post Tip
I agree with you 100% Don Striphe. I enjoy talking with my members and think it is good to get to know them and let them know I am there for them. But as you succinctly said, the family structure is there for a reason. They have their fellow members to converse with and swap drug prices and small talk. If they have a serious concern, then they should follow the chain of command. At least 99% of the time these "serious concerns" can be dealt with by the subcrew leaders or the LHM/RHM...and it never has to become a problem for the family leader. When I was new to the streets several years ago, it was an earned privilege to talk with the Boss. He was a busy man with a heavy load and you didn't dare waste his time with idle chit chat...
Report Post Tip
Zishla, you touched on a good point.

Having a boss who you can relate to does make it easier to work with and for them for the betterment of a family.

I had an experience with a family head, who unfortunately does not grace our world anymore (RIP), that was less than personable, but was a very good business man. He walked the line between down to business, and downright rude. You weren't sure at times if he was pissed off, or just generally busy.

Either way, he led a great family that was long lived.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You wanna talk?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL