Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 11:31:20
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: I'll launch an MIA. Ooo shiney! Started by: Squishy on Mar 12, '13 19:20

For those with the timerbar, you will soon see a mini M: timer appear prefilled out with the time left before your MIA turns.

This is for those who spa.... wanna ride bikes?

Report Post Tip

This feature is now live. The timer is not displayed if you don't have an MIA to shoot. It will appear when you purchase an MIA and then disappear when that MIA is shot, regardless of who kills it.

Report Post Tip

I cant help but admit, i'm somewhat disappointed with this addition. Finding free MIAs is somewhat of a joy to us poorer folk who have little to no credits, with this addition I suspect such a find will become somewhat rarer.

That said, I do realise my disappointment is a somewhat selfish reasoning and that the change itself is beneficial for those that forget to shoot their MIAs. I just wish we had a little less hand holding at times and were left to make mistakes without having changes like this implemented to prevent them.

Apologies for the negative post, but I feel that sitting back and saying nothing is akin to making it seem like the entire userbase supports changes of this nature.

Report Post Tip

MIAs is somewhat of a joy to us poorer folk who have little to no credits

This is sort of the reason it is put in. We spoon feed the site free kills 24/7, I would much rather you steal a kill from the game than someone who bought an MIA then got distracted in real life and lost a credit over it.

Report Post Tip

Spoon fed in what manner? RIAs?

Ask around Squishy, I think you'll find that there are many like myself who are unable to win races for RIAs. The playing field isn't as even as its often made out. I could race constantly all day (if I had the time) and not win a single race.

Is that down to me as a player thats unskilled at racing? I don't know, I used to be able to race just fine but as of late I simply never ever win races. Its been that way for near 2 years now and I've been aware of several users like myself who simply no longer even try to race as its such a disappointment constantly losing races all day and getting nowhere.

There are clearly many who don't have this problem and are shocked when I discuss it, as they were on the impression Ajax wack was the ultimate equaliser with races, but someone seems to have forgot to tell the shitty Scottish internet that Ajax makes things equal, as i'm always outraced by those across the pond with better net speeds available.

Report Post Tip

The playing field isn't as even as its often made out. I could race constantly all day (if I had the time) and not win a single race.

The way we implemented Ajax Wack, as long as you have the ability to get the message 'You're going too fast! (Penalty)' when you try too hard, then that means you are able to go faster than what is required to race.

When you go against many other wackers, you will lose many, and win some. The difference between a successful wacker and one that isn't lies in the amount of attempts they do a day. If you shoot at 20 things, you walk away with kills. If you shoot at a handful and give up, you dont. I'm not trying to trivialize your success with wacking, but as long as you have the ability to get the too fast message, then you *are* on equal ground as other players.

Report Post Tip

As far as the spoon feeding, there are IAs, RIAs, Tylers, Tyler BGs, Rogue, we also give out countless credits and game money to purchase MIAs with.

Report Post Tip

Thats good to know. I'd rather know it was down to shit luck than down to mechanics that I can't change, it at least gives the impetus to try harder and keep at it. Still surprising for someone that loses every single race, though. You'd think lady luck would smile on an Imp once in a while.

I do race and don't mind admitting that I have a meager 7 RIA kills. Most of which have came when there are Wars or Durdens. For a character near 100 days old I'm sure most would agree thats an astoundingly pathetic figure for someone that races.

Your right though, had I maybe been able to race for 20 times a day rather than 4 or 5, then I likely would have got more "luck", alas life doesn't allow for as much online time as to find so many races to participate in.

Anyway, I've voiced my disapproval of the change. I don't wish to sit here and moan on and on as I know the reasons for the change are well intentioned, I just wanted it to be known that not all users will see this as a positive change as it will have a massive impact.

Report Post Tip

I agree with all said,However there's always two sides of the coin Warrior.Some "Poorer" people that have only a few credits spawn one on their phone and get distracted they lose that credit.Not saying I am on either side just saying :) definitely has positives and negatives.

Report Post Tip

Well I think there are too few RIA's in all honesty, I go scroll through profile ID's nearly everyday and I tend to see more MIA's are spawned per hour than RIA's in most cases. Given the admin team want more to level the playing field and make it so everyone can train a gun has caused more & more hitters than previously & that keeps on growing yet the RIA amount doesn't appear to. I have seen gaps of 2 hours between RIA's with prior to districts more than likely meant the majority of the people online where all going for that one RIA.

Report Post Tip

"Well I think there are too few RIA's in all honesty"

By looking at the logs, it doesn't seem like you are going for as many as you could. I'm not sure if your IA list is lacking, or if you are just missing a lot of opportunities. I would be more inclined to increase the number of RIAs, if people were chasing after more of them but still falling short.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: I'll launch an MIA. Ooo shiney!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL