Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 13:33:39
Page:  1 
Back Again Started by: Antonio_Macelli on Oct 31, '08 00:47
Antonio_Macelli is walking down the street and he sees poster after poster after poster of new crews advertising for members. He wonders to himself, 'Again with all the open spaces?' and thinks, 'Well, at least things will be diverse.' Instead of continuing to walk, Antonio decides he will get up on a soap box and speak his mind.

Four score and seven years ago...

No no no, that's all wrong

Four days and seven hours ago...

closer but screw it.

A while ago we, in this thing of ours, ran into a similar, fortunate, housing situation to what we have currently. I say fortunate because there are lots of jobs and lots of homes for all of the new mafioso who stumble upon this thing of ours. There have been many discussions in the streets here about families-lack of, abundance of, don't like mine, don't like his, why'd he get one, I wanna leave mine, etc.

I just want to tell you all. With all of these new families come much responsibility both on the shoulders of the new mafioso and on the shoulders of all the veterans (aka old guys).

First I shall address the responsibility of the old guys (as I see it because I am not yet old). Old guys, I know you'll tell me if I'm wrong but, I believe it is your responsibility to help educate the new mafioso as to how this thing of ours works. You are responsible for helping to guide them into the right families, let them know what is required of them, the basic do's and dont's, be helpful please.

My grandfather learned alot when he first arrived on these shores. He told me stories of JackSparrow, FlyingPig, Caligula, and others who helped to explain the ins and outs of La Cosa Nostra.

New comers, you do not get off easily though. There has been alot of discussion in our world about what should happen to mafioso who "jump ship" or leave their families in any way other than a body bag. It is your responsibility to learn about the different families and make an educated decision as to which one you want to join. It is not always necessary to join the first family who sends you an invite. Ask around, try and figure out how the family heads run things in their family, then decide. Like I said, the only way you should be leaving your family is if you're in a body bag. Once you choose your family, there is no turning back.

You WILL be expected to show yourself occasionally, and commit petty crimes and felonies to help make your family money and help you gain rank. You will LIKELY be expected to get to know others in your family (and sometimes in others), participate by being vocal in the street discussions, donate money to your crew, and many other things. This is information you should find out.

Old timers, feel free to add any of the many things I left out or did not elaborate on. I am merely putting this here in hopes that our newer mafioso will read it and become more involved in their upbringing instead of being disrespectful little shits and biting the hands that feed them. I believe that it is important to help the new comers, otherwise, they may choose to abandon our lifestyle.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Back Again
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL