Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:28:01
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Killing Inactives Started by: Numbers4Glory on Oct 31, '08 07:04
IAs turn on the minute exactly, as they used to.

You have to hitlist IAs as before.

You cannot hitlist anyone below Gangster.

All form of automation is rendered obsolete.

All form of skill is removed, it is just pure luck on who's request from the 100s that are sent, gets it.

I do not know if this will reduce or increase strain on the server. All I do know is that it will remove any accusations of cheating or foul play, because I can honestly see no way to cheat this system or advantages that can be gained instead of doing anything yourself.

I imagine this would greatly benefit player from the US due to locality to the server.

I welcome all thoughts.
Report Post Tip
This was changed because the hit list was given its true function, rendering the HL to be used to place hits on players. Why would anyone want to place a hit on a bum? Oh because it was easier for you to land a hit. But now we are talking about something entirely different.

People come here and talk about adding things to make the mafia experience more authentic.

Now people complain because authentic is not good enough for them.
Report Post Tip
Well, here is a thought on the killing of inactives, if you want it to be truely random as to who gets the hit.

Try removing the TIME from the profile and just Leave the DATE.

That way no one will know when the person will become IA.

Therefore, why would anyone sit there mashing WACK and BROWSER REFRESH for a long time.

Lets face it, when was the last time you looked and someone and could work out what time they were going to die?
Report Post Tip
Actually you could. We decide to wack IA's because they are just that. IA's. What is an IA? An IA is an Inactive, meaning that they do not participate in what goes on here. They just take up space. Now if we give unsponsored gangsters 48h as sufficient time to get into a family, and give IA's a week to be active, and when neither of them do, they are killed for it.

What you are suggesting is to remove times, meaning everyone scavenges for IAs like eggs during an Easter hunt.

Lets save that for Easter as a holiday special. Now if if there is anyone out there who can provide both a decent, unbiased, worth reading, pondering over and replying to reason as to why this should be changed, please let us all know.
Report Post Tip
If the 'you' is specific to me in your response, then you're just completely wrong. I have found success with every form of IA wacking in the book and will continue to do so. This isn't a personal request because I am being beaten, in fact you'll find the opposite is my motivation.

Lets face it, what is authentic about repeatedly firing at a civilian? That is what we are doing at the moment. Spraying bullet after bullet blindly in the hope that one finds the mark. We would all have been arrested long, long ago. We aren't marksmen for our families, we've just pulled out the blunderbuss and hoped for the best.

To provide both (or five as it happens) aspects that you're looking for in why this should be changed, I would just reiterate the above. Where is the realism in that? What is authentic about that?

The hitlist provides a means of eliminating the 100s of shots approach, replacing it with just one. This isn't only more realistic, it is more practical for players and I assume reduces strain on the server. I admit it isn't perfect, becausee this certainly isn't the isn't the ideal use of the hitlist. If you remove the hitlist for this, like we have at the moment, then I still think it would reduce the ridiculousness slightly if the IAs turned on the minute, rather than the second.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Killing Inactives
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL