Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 08:47:44
Page:  1 
For Sugar of Tea Time Started by: dante_balboni on Nov 01, '08 15:44
looks up from the most recent issue and smiles

So my lacking ability to come to the streets has been aired in the delightful thirteenth issue of Tea Time. I have to say each issue makes me laugh in different ways. I do enjoy the read so much, as I also enjoy a variety of conversations on our streets.

lights up a smoke before he continues on

Now Miss Sugar, whoever you might be. I don't know if your aware but while I haven't been at the forefront of conversations since I bought the keys to my HQ. I have listened to a quite a few and even commented on issues that I felt I could maybe add to. If I did then good, if what I said either went over peoples heads or was just ignored well hell thats life.

takes a long draw on his smoke and grins

It's ironic, I'm out hear talking purely because it was pointed out that I don't. One thing that I do so detest is the fact that leaders are forced to come to the streets and wail on about this and that to prove themselves to the community. Why must we all be out here at the head of conversations? Why can't we just be allowed to join in when we feel neccesary and that be counted towards our presence?

brushes some ash off his lap

Would you like to maybe sit on my knee and I'll tell you a story? I'm I hear to entertain you? No I'm not. As many are aware I've had some problems as of late with some of my people. My "house" as it were was in disarray for sometime. I have had business to deal with that is more important than pandering to the masses.

takes a final draw from his smoke before rising

I will come out here and make a speech when I feel the need to, not before. I can assure you this is the last time I will come out here just because my presence has been called into question.
Report Post Tip
I agree with you. I don't think a CL has to prove themselves by talking out on the streets, they have clearly done enough to prove themselves or else they wouldn't be a CL. I think that commenting on a thread here and there should be a privilege not a demand, or have people expect you to do so.
Report Post Tip
scar walks out onto the streets as Dante_Balboni finishes his speech

Mr Balboni i hope you dont mind me calling you that, now the Tea Time paper has been going for a long time now and theres alot of the articles do make some offensive remarks or maybe innapropriate comments from some of there articles. However its a gossip column and everything that is said should really be taken with a pinch of salt.

Ive not liked some of the things that they have said but sometimes they do come out with something funny. i know most can agree with that.
Report Post Tip
scarface22, I agree with you entirely. This was not ment as an attack on the Tea Time in the slightest. I enjoy the read as much as the next guy, as I said it makes me laughs in ways other things can't.

But what I must think about is this, if one person is thinking it enough even for it to just appear in a gossip paper, then there may be others. This is not just for "sugars" benefit it is for whoever else may be out there and thinking the same thing.
Report Post Tip
Good afternoon Mr. Balboni, I've been looking for Sugar to tell her about your speech, but I couldn't find her. She's probably in a bar waiting for someone to buy her a drink that she'll most likely complain about.

scarface22 was already kind enough to mention Tea Time is a gossip magazine. Gossip is usually based on rumors, not facts. Every issue has a disclaimer warning people in bold and italic suits they will be the subject of many articles.

I personally don't expect leaders to be out here on the streets doing cartwheels to entertain us, but I do think it's a leader's responsibility to be an example to younger mobsters. If leaders don't contribute to the streets neither will they.
Report Post Tip
Dante, I agree with you on this to some extent. Being a leader, every little thing we say, or in our apparent case don't say, is put under a microscope. Its something you have to get used to. But I don't think a leader should be forced out on the streets, just to entertain the fucking masses. Yes, an occasional street speech should be made, as Zoey said we do need to set an example for the young ones.

But how often do we really need to come out here? Do I really need to make a daily speech about random nonsense so people don't complain? Yeah, that's gonna happen. Excuse me family, I must leave you to run the HQ yourselves so I can go to the streets to talk about nothing at all.

I do appreciate feedback from people, and try to improve on things that are important. But for fucks sake, I'm not here to entertain you all. I will come to the streets when I have something to say, not when you tell me to.
Report Post Tip
A leader should be seen.. By their family. Family comes first. It's that simple.

As for entertaining and leading the community? Some leaders choose to pay more attention to those of their own than those of others for they should be the priority. Why is it up to the leaders to set the example? Why can it not be up to the more experienced bloodlines that walk our streets? Or those that are energetic and want to be involved.

How many mob bosses do you see going around flaunting their goods in public?

Really now, think about it. Would you rather have a boss that looks after their own family or one that pays more attention to everyone else's?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: For Sugar of Tea Time
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL