Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:35:54
Page:  1 
The First Sword Emerges. Started by: Jaqen_Hghar on Mar 27, '13 20:43

After hearing about the death of the Godfather of Bella Vista, more commonly known as the Sealord of Bella Braavos by the Braavosi families, Syrio Forel had returned to pay his respects to the late Sealord, but there was more to his arrival than that. Syrio was no ordinary man, he was the old Sealord's champion and protector of Bella Braavos, known as the First Sword, but he was also a famed and skilled Water Dancer - making him a swift, silent, and deadly swordsman.

It seemed the Drowned God favored Syrio on this evening as it had started to rain, and after he had visited the graveyard to pay his respects, he made his way towards the House of Black and White, all while yelling out
"Jaqen H'ghar!" And even though it annoyed the residents in the area, none said a word, and those that weren't afraid, got their umbrellas and followed Syrio. As they arrived outside the House of Black and White, Jaqen and the Faceless Men walked out of the building when they heard his name being called.

"You and I have unfinished business, boy!" Syrio yelled out to him, Jaqen looked up and closed his eyes as he let the raindrops caress his face for a moment, he then looked back at Syrio. "A man would be offended by being called a boy, had the man not always admired and respected you, First Sword of Braavos. You seek to avenge the old Sealord, and you have every right to do so, as it is your duty, and no one will stand in your way... other than me." He said and looked to his left where the Kindly Man of the Faceless Men nicknamed 'The Red God' was holding Jaqen's sword, a blade of the finest Valyrian steel. Jaqen unsheathed the sword and took a few steps towards Syrio in the street.

"I believe you prefer duel with a blade over pistols..." Jaqen said to him, and Syrio nodded in response before he unsheathed his own sword, "Syrio thinks it is unfair to you, but our way is the old way." Syrio proclaimed, and Jaqen smiled at him in return. "That it is, but a man should not be underestimated, to be a water dancer might be something special, but to be a faceless man is too." Syrio smiled back at Jaqen and then both bowed to each other, before they raised their swords and circled each other in the street.

The rain was pouring down and both were now drenched. This may have been why Syrio felt the duel was unfair, as he had a slender blade, while Jaqen had a broader one which made it heavier, and the rain didn't help as their clothes were soaking wet and made heavier by it, but that is where Jaqen felt they were on equal terms, as he used to wear heavy armor, so he had adapted to the weight long ago, and now that he only wore normal clothing, it should make him faster, hopefully.

Syrio made the first move against Jaqen, he took two quick steps forward and swung his sword swiftly at him, Jaqen managed to parry it in time but before he could counter, Syrio attempted a second blow and as their blades met, the ring of metal on metal echoed through the silent streets, the sound almost deafening to the bystanders who stood closest, but neither Jaqen or Syrio faltered as they stared into each others eyes. "A man is pretty," Syrio said with a smile and pushed Jaqen away...

Jaqen wasn't sure what to make of that, and before he could gather his senses, Syrio stepped closer and swung at him again, had Jaqen not jumped back he would most likely have lost his left arm, but the blade still managed to cut through his shirt and slice open a wound. Furious, Jaqen held his sword with both hands and moved towards Syrio as he swung the sword at him, over and over again going faster with each swing, Syrio parried them all while moving backwards, but Jaqen put all his weight into the final blow, which made Syrio lose his grip of the blade which landed near the Faceless Men...

Exhausted, Jaqen looked at Syrio and nodded... "I think it's time for you to go." Jaqen said and threw his own sword towards the Kindly Man whom caught and sheathed it, but Syrio just shook his head. "The First Sword of Braavos, does not run." He said as he unsheathed a dagger and jumped towards Jaqen who took a few steps back, he managed to block Syrio's attack but they both fell to the ground, Jaqen held on to Syrio's hands and the dagger to avoid getting stabbed, but Syrio wasn't giving up easily, he got one hand free and started punching Jaqen on the side, sometimes hitting the wound he'd inflicted earlier, and as long as Jaqen felt the pain, he knew he was alive. But it all had to end, and even though he had no intention on killing Syrio, he had been left with no other option.

Jaqen looked to his side and saw Syrio's blade on the ground, he reached for it while Syrio kept punching him, and as he held it in his hand, he looked up at Syrio with a saddened face. "I'm sorry, my friend." He said before the blade pierced through Syrio's side and into his heart as he raised his arm for yet another blow. Jaqen pulled out the sword and pushed him off, he then knelt and looked down at Syrio who was dying. "Why didn't you just leave?!" Jaqen exclaimed, Syrio just smiled... and with what strength he had left, he pointed to his sword. "A man will make a fine Sealord. Valar Morghulis, Braavosi." He said with his final breath and closed his eyes.

Jaqen looked up to the sky, disheartened. The rain had stopped the moment Syrio died, and Jaqen was angered by this as he felt the Drowned God had deceived Syrio into thinking the Gods were with him in this challenge. He took Syrio's sword and looked at the Faceless Men, and among them stood Tetley. Jaqen got up and walked towards them, placing the sword in the palm of his hands, he presented it to Tetley as he approached him. "Accept this blade, and wield it as honorably as Syrio had." He said, and as Tetley took the sword, Jaqen turned to the crowd. "Let it be known, that this was the evening the honorable Syrio Forel sacrificed himself to make our district whole. As of now, Tetley is appointed the First Sword of Braavos, my second in command of the district we call Bella Braavos, but you know as Bella Vista. And the Kindly Man A.K.A. 'The Red God' will continue to serve as my right hand, but more as my trusted adviser and third in command of Bella Braavos."

After the announcement, Jaqen turned to Tetley and The Red God. "This is your moment... as for me, I need to bury my friend before I can rest. I'll take Isiah and Ethan with me to help." He said and as Isiah went to get the car, Jaqen and Ethan lifted Syrio's body, and when Isiah arrived with the car, they sat Syrio in the backseat along with Jaqen, they drove off to bury him beside the old Sealord, his rightful place. It took a while to get done due to Jaqen's injuries and him wanting to bury his friend on his own. But they finally arrived back at the House of Black and White where Jaqen could get patched up and dressed for the celebration, before he went back to the others, with a smile on his face this time. "Congratulations, First Sword." He said and hugged Tetley.

Report Post Tip

Tetley gasped at the sight of his Godfather and instinctively went for his gun but he knew better than to interrupt, this was duel of honour & a certain code of conduct was expected. As the duel ended Tetley breathed a sigh relief even though he felt regret at the loss of Syrio.

As Jaqen came toward Tetley and the gathered Faceless Men, Tetley walked towards him to meet him part way. He took the blood stained weapon that was handed to him and wiped the blade clean with handkerchief an whispered "Valar Morghulis".

"It is a great Honour to be named the First Sword of Braavos and to be second in command of of our district. As always I will continue to serve Jaqen in the same manor I always have, with loyalty and hard work."

Report Post Tip

B2D walks up to Tetley and shakes his hand.

"Its a honour to see you as the First Sword of Braavos, I'm sure you'll do an amazing job and make us all proud"

B2D pats Tetley on the back and joins the rest of the Faceless Men. 

Report Post Tip

only on true days god made do we see the death and rebirth of greatness...we mourn the lost of Syrio yet celebrate the new dawn of the greatness to come...

Congragulations Tetley 

Report Post Tip

King-Pitt had watched this great battle and admired the man named Syrio_Forel for his courage. As the battle ended Pitt seen the changeing of the guard and walked over to Tetley given him a hand shake and says "Congrats sir you are well deserved of this great honor."

Report Post Tip

Looking at the aftermath of the battle that had just taken place and glancing over to see Tetley holding the sword. Walking over to Tetley and shaking his hand.

"Congratulations sir. I know you will do well!"

Looking back over at the lifeless body of Syrio_Forel, I bow my head and then walk off.

Report Post Tip

Tetley, I'm very pleased to hear of your rise to First Sword. Syrio was a fine man, one of the best dancing teachers around, I'm sure you will pick up where he left off and prove yourself worthy of your new title.

Tyrion bows before returning to reading Lives of Four Kings

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The First Sword Emerges.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL