Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 17:47:18
Page:  1 
You don't say? Started by: Doyle on Nov 06, '08 16:47
Waking up in The Morrison Hotel in downtown Chicago, located across the street from the now vacant warehouse the late Fantom_Ghost had purchased, Doyle looks around the room and flashes back to the events yesterday night. Getting up and lighting a smoke, he looks down at the crowd gathered outside and sighs to himself. Getting dressed, Doyle tips his fedora and walks out of his small hotel room, reaching the reception area where he catches a glimpse outside, seeing the crowd growing in larger numbers. With his Bodyguards behind him, Doyle walks outside and notices people talking to themselves. Thinking nothing of it, he takes the Lucky Strike out of his mouth and begins to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you witnessed last night the consequences of murdering one of my members in cold blood. Blood that is more valuable to me than you can ever possibly imagine. An eye for an eye, blood for blood."

"Yesterday, one of my dearest friends, advisers, and top structure workers, Cassidy, was shot dead by a member of the late Fantom_Ghost's members. After hours of searching, questioning, and good will, the murderer was finally caught."

As I see it, I'll be quick about this so I can move on to other topics. What's done is done. I can't take it back nor will I take back someone trying to attack my family. There have been a lot of accusations thrown around about things being false. I saw what I saw, and reacted. As Goodfella said in another speech. I don't have to confront anybody about it. I don't have to hold a court to give anybody a chance. A person close to me was killed and I took it as a threat to my family and as the way this thing of ours works.. I don't have to do anything but take actions. That's how the Mafia works. If you disagree, by all means, pack your bags and head back to Italy. This life is not for you. I protected my family with what I had. Making speeches and saying this and that won't change anything. At least your former leader was man enough to understand and not make a fool of himself in the streets. For that he will be respected in my eyes. Other then that, I don't have to explain the causes of the take down you witnessed last night to the fallen's kin. If you can't accept why I did this, tough deal. It's the mafia. Quoting a certain mobster whose name has now slipped my mind, we aren't here to brush each others hair. We aren't hear to hold hands and sing Kumbaya over a warm cup of hot chocolate.

As the recently departed Mr. BobSaget said, apparently, I'm a tyrant. (Thank you for the compliment on my eyes, by the way. I don't get many nowadays.) If I was a tyrant, ProphetOfDeath would be sharing a shallow grave with Fantom_Ghost as well. As you can see though, He's still alive and kicking. So it wasn't about power. If this was a takedown out of power concerns, there would be far more casualties than what took place last night.

I'm sure it's not far from being over. As I said before. It's the mafia. Do something or move back to Italy. Simple as that. Don't make speeches and expect an overnight change just cause you are mad. It's life. Grow up and take a look around.

This is all I have to say on the subject. I'm not gonna respond to anything that is said to disagree or try to prove their point. I have nothing else to say and trying to reword why I did things will only waste my valuable time and energy.

Relighting his Lucky Strike, Doyle makes his way through the crowd and gets in a nearby parked limo to catch his flight back to Las Vegas with his family.
Report Post Tip
Being a tyrant is very underrated. Rock on.
Report Post Tip
Zoey applauded.

Wonderful speech. It's a shame people who've been around our thing for awhile have to be reminded this is the mafia.

I love you, Doyle. Lets make tyrant babies together.
Report Post Tip
You are such a power whore Zoey.

You said a wise guy would be good enough for you...

sigh.
Report Post Tip
doyle: buetiful...beutiful... anyway nice job with taking care of it masterfly and nice speach

linux: no one killed you yet? this must be a recored. you got alot of balls. ill leave on that...
Report Post Tip
I know GameCbag.

It is a beautiful thing.
Report Post Tip
Krazy nods his head in agreement and applauds.

"Couldn't have put that any better boss." "Great speech and reminder to those our there."
Report Post Tip
Saul listens in the crowd.

"Great speech,"

He says to the people round him, nodding his head.
Report Post Tip
Very nice speech boss, it shows why us fellow Wanders our pride to be of service to you.
Report Post Tip
Gambino listened to his mentor Don Doyle as he spoke to the crowd. He nodded his head in agreement as Doyle's words rang out, and rang true. This is the mafia. Not a bedtime story. Gambino understood the pain Doyle had to be feeling over the loss of Cassidy. Gambino, too, held tight to the belief in an eye for an eye and blood for blood. As his friend and partner got into the limo and drove away, Gambino signaled for his driver. He had tickets for the same flight home to Vegas.
Report Post Tip
blah blah blah
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You don't say?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL