Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 09:34:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Absence of Leaders Started by: Zoey on Nov 07, '08 01:33
After a meeting to shakedown some businessmen Zoey walked down a crowded street in downtown Detroit. A few of her associates were standing near the corner talking. Zoey stopped to chat with them.

Hi guys, how are you today? How's business?

The group of mobsters exchanged greetings and small talk about business. Someone offered Zoey a cigarette. She accepted it with a smile and told them about her busy afternoon.

I just left a meeting with a couple of guys who run one of the big car factories. Marietta and I have been talking to them for a few weeks because we want a piece of their profits. We offered to provide them with weekly shipments of parts they use to make the cars, trucks and drivers for shipping and a few other things. We negotiated for hours about what percentage of the profits we'll get. Just between us, Marietta was a little soft on them. I would've demanded more, but she's the boss and I do what she says.

Today was the last meeting to seal the deal. Marietta was busy with other business so I went alone. You know what those guys had the nerve to say to me? They said they only wanted to do business with my boss. I almost laughed in their faces, but I kept my cool. I reminded them I'm her top associate and I've been handling business on her behalf for a long time. They hemmed and hawed about it. One of them suggested we reschedule the meeting for a time when Marietta was available. I felt insulted. I told them if they didn't agree to the terms of our deal they would never make another car here in Detroit. We control their employee union and we can arrange a strike just by snapping our fingers. They didn't like the sound of that so they agreed to finish the deal with me.

Zoey paused to smile. She was happy the business arrangement with the car manufacturers was done. It would soon be a steady cash flow for The Riot.

The meeting reminded me of something I heard about a few days ago. A family on the west coast attempted to take out another family because the leader wasn't always available. I'm not questioning or complaining about the war. My family wasn't involved so it was none of my business, but I have to admit I was surprised it was about a leader being absent.

The only thing I would dislike about a leader not being available is if his or her people in italic suits weren't doing their jobs. When Marietta is away I handle our family and outside business. I talk to a lot of people while doing so. In all my dealings with the people in italic suits I've never had a problem with them handling business. They've always been professional and respectful and they've been as swift as I am about punishing members for breaking rules.

A leader's most trusted associates shouldn't be overlooked. Frankly, it's a slap in the face when someone seeks urgent council with a leader, but will not talk to the Right and Left Hand. If it's personal I understand, but when it's about business it's useless to complain about a leader not being available when his or her associates in italic suits are capable of handing it. That's what we are here for, to assist our leaders and take care of business when they can't.
Report Post Tip
Feels his ears burning

The funny thing about the incident that you referred to is that Juggalo never contacted me once about anything! Of course, his justification for the attack was a load of shit...much like his poo that he rolled into little balls and ate like Milk Duds.

But I'm getting off track here. It is quite insulting when someone does not give you the courtesy your rank and position entails. Most representatives of other families have not been hesitant to approach me concerning inter-family business, but I have heard of incidents in my father's lifetime where a decision was made by him, while he was a RHM, and that decision was viewed by beady-eyed fucktards as not having the weight of a decision made by a family Boss.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is people like those you did business with the other day, and those who complained about my father's actions, are of poor genetic constitution and should be mercilessly mocked and then shot. Then we laugh about it and go on a picnic, where I would feed you grapes and give you steamy, sweaty pig lovin'.
Report Post Tip
Mmmm, Milk Duds....

Anyways, sorry.

Yeah! Whats up with that, eh?

I would be furious if I came back from one of my business trips and learned that someone had taken Hi's word to be anything less than the gospel of Clan OMalley.

When you get right down to it, the Right Hand of a family is the most important role in a criminal organization. For the most part, they do all the grunt work. They relay the bosses wishes throughout the family. They are trusted advisers, and go to guys (or gals!) for whatever difficult situation might get thrown in a leader's direction.

In short, if a Boss doesn't have a good, solid, reliable Right Hand, then I don't fancy the chances of that Boss going very far in life.

And to slap that Right Hand in the face by trying to go over their heads?

Well let me put it this way...

Bi-Polar_Bear holds up his right arm and looks at the hand at the end of it

My Right Hand is a part of me. To disrespect it is the same as disrespecting any other part of me.

I would not advise it.
Report Post Tip
Juggalo was obviously making excuses and it was a grab for power.

Nothing wrong with that, we all do it in the mafia. I don't know why we criticise it.

It tends to be PC to say something random during attacks though, makes it all seem more reasonable.

Leader absence doesn't tend to go down well as we hold them as paradigms of success in our world. However, if you have the power and no one else is strong enough to take it from you then it doesn't matter where the fuck you are.
Report Post Tip
Waits patiently before commenting

I couldn't agree more with Zoey and Hi and all the others who have shared their frustrations from past experiences. I would also like to point out that some of these problems of hierarchy are also found WITHIN crews and families. For example, when a newcomer to a crew decides to constantly bother the bold suit with simple issues that could easily have been solved even within subcrews, let alone by the other italicized suits.

Personally, I think that whenever anyone fails to heed this system of leadership, they are doing the leaders a favor. They are clearly and openly putting a large flared signal above their heads that says - I need reeducation or doing away with.

Why get mad and frustrated when it would be so much easier to use the HQ button or pick up your metal piece and thin out the herd?
Report Post Tip
Zoey smiled at the men who joined the conversation and winked at Hi.

Although I used the war as one example of the complaint of a leader's absence that wasn't entirely my point. When it comes to the reasons for a war I don't care what someone says in a speech. I know it's usually about power.

The reason I brought up this issue was to be clear about how I feel about it when someone complains Marietta isn't available. Tatiana and I are capable of handling her business and any issue that comes up. To complain about it is an insult to us and our boss.
Report Post Tip
Besides, complainers never won the race.

Shoot or do not shoot, they is the question my friends.
Report Post Tip
**That** is also the question

But especially they.
Report Post Tip
Think about this realistically, how much genuine direct interaction do you imagine the Bosses of La Cosa Nostra get involved in? Virtually zero. It is far too dangerous for them to be doing so. They are not only subjected to life threatening violence from jealous rivals or just someone out to make a name for themselves, they have to consider the Government, who would love to finally get enough evidence together to shut down organized crime.

A RHM, Consigliere, LHM or whomever is not only a perk of the job, they serve a mandatory function for the Boss. They act as a buffer and a mouthpiece, protecting the Boss and relaying their thoughts.

To treat a named, known associate of a leader with anything other than your upmost respect is likely to be hazardous to your health.

The real question is though, how many of you know what 'paradigm' means?
Report Post Tip
Paradigm...

Thats when you have two ten cent pieces, innit?

:P
Report Post Tip
Briana slowly begins unpacking a few large cylindrical cases. You begin to notice that she is assembling a sort of drum kit right next to Bi-Polar_Bear.

Briana readies her drumsticks and waits for Bi-Polar_Bear to make a witty comment.

After waiting nearly several hours, Briana hears her cue about ten cent pieces and performs a loud RIMSHOT.
Report Post Tip
And here I thought you were more into rimJOBS.
Report Post Tip
I'm more of a musician, personally. I'm quite good at playing a rusty trombone.
Report Post Tip
Is that anything like a spunk trumpet?
Report Post Tip
I would be more than happy to show you.

Are you available sometime this evening? Say around 20:00 or so?
Report Post Tip
Around 20:00?

That's the time I'm usually clipping my dog's toenails. I'm afraid I can't make it.
Report Post Tip
I bought a pretty dress and some sexy lingerie. Do you expect me to let it all go to waste?
Report Post Tip
I do tbh.
Report Post Tip
I think if Hi isn't going to take you up on your offer, linuxmandrake will be more than happy to step into the breach per se.
Report Post Tip
Per se.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Absence of Leaders
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL