Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 23:20:14
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Paydays Started by: Heaven on Nov 08, '08 00:12
I think it would be nice if the CL/RHM/LHM could change their payday settings.

In my opinion this would make the game a little more realistic. I think the should be able to set how much each rank can take, and how often. Maybe even on a set day...

Right now, I would say that every crew has their paydays turned off. In fact, I think it's almost always like this. People take advantage of it, and that's why.

Like I said, I think we should be able to edit this. If this is implemented, I feel more people would turn them on, and it kind of rewards people for working and earning money. Depending on the crew, you would receive more or less... or none at all.

I don't know, I thought about it and liked it.

How about you?
Report Post Tip
Example

The Corelli family could set it like this....

Amount

Thug - $10,000
Gangster - $20,000
Goomba - $25,000
Earner - $50,000
Wise Guy - $75,000
Made Man - $100,000
Capo - $100,000
Boss - $100,000
Consigliere - $100,000

Time Span

Once every - 7 days

----------------------------------------------------

Of course, every family could/would be different.

I know that these amounts would take a toll on a leader who has lots of members... But once you hit earner, you really won't need any paydays. So some will still take them, others will not.

In my opinion, I think it's a nice idea.
Report Post Tip
I love the idea, and have thought about this before. As you said most people don't set paydays, because leaders would go broke after most of the crew abused this feature. It would be nice to be able to set the amounts and times. Or at least have just one set amount/time, which would require less work for the admins to change. The plan you have shown looks good.
Report Post Tip
I think the whole idea of a payday is wrong, we're suposed to kick up wards not the other way around, if you want money get a loan & pay it back with intrest. A mafia boss is there to make money not give it away & should he pay somone it shouldn't be anyone below made man as they are not truely a part of the family.
Report Post Tip
Name me one boss that gave his family a paycheck every week? I have always wondered why the feature exists.

This is the Mafia, the MOB, this isn't the Hilton Hotel where you get your pay and a yearly bonus. It's about giving a percentage of your earnings to the BOSS.

Now, if the boss sees fit to give you money and a pat on the ass as a thank you they have an accountant that's more than willing to help them do this.

If you are so broke you need money from the boss you should have to put some effort into it beyond clicking a "Payday" button and doing a WOOOHOOOO dance. It's not like landing on Free Parking you know. You should have to ask the boss or the family financial officer for a LOAN.

I think this is something many forget...
Report Post Tip
Understandable tiggy.

Although, I was going in the direction of "More Realistic" instead of "Realistic"

If CL's actually had paydays, it wouldn't be any time, any day.

This is a way (In my opinion) to get the function turned on, to help younger mafioso's who need it.
Report Post Tip
Those younger Mafioso are perfectly capable of asking for a start up loan and the leaders are more than capable of giving their new members money to start off with.
Report Post Tip
Pay days did exist, there was always some sort of central fund that all the family had access to for pay offs, posting bail; that sort of thing.

It's not really needed or relevant here but it's still a nice addition, maybe even just a tickbox to regulate which members can take paydays would be nice.

Seriously though, if the only reason you have pay days turned off is because your crew would abuse it, then you're doing a poor job of leading them.
Report Post Tip
I've been in many family's, .org days and new MR. There have been two family's that used the "payday" function, that I know of. Both family heads allowed their members to take a payday until they reached a certain rank. I believe they put a restriction on members over the rank of Earner.

This seems like a good idea to me as not all people have the time to be here hours on end to make a large amount of cash. Mostly new people in this thing of ours would even admit they took a payday. It isn't long till you reach the rank of Earner. By that time you should know your way around.

As I see it, this would help newer players and If abused, as some suggested your boss has the option of having a mentor help a younger to learn how to make cash honestly. After a given time say a week or two with a mentor and nothing is learned, the family head has the right to drop the member of the family for abuse.
Report Post Tip
I will add this to the mental crew management overhaul todo list.
Report Post Tip
Alright, everyone is going about this all wrong. You speak of changing the way it is so you can do more detail payday but why not have a total remake.

Why can't you have a payday based off of your work. If you work hard and donate a lot your payday would be higher. Maybe it could be base off just your earnings. I know this would basically pointless cause it would be lime giving a lower tax. You could make it so that you only can pick up your "pay check" at a time. Mob time. And if you don't your boss keeps that days or that weeks or that months. I know my idea could use some twicking but I think it would be a good way of making player feel like they are really important and it makes it more real feeling. I know there are going to be people who think this is a bad idea but instead of just pointing out the fawls why not tell how you would fix them or how you would do if there had to be paydays
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Paydays
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL