Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:35:56
Page:  1 
What if it was down to YOU? Started by: Hardline on Apr 16, '13 17:22

Inspired by my previous post (albeit partly jumbled) thought I would dabble at this poster fabrication. 

I have often thought to myself, what would I do if I was at the top of the tree in my ivory tower looking down at civilisation whilst sampling the finest cigars, whisky and hookers. We all have our gripes and opinions, however I put the following to you all:

If you could be one of our leaders, who would you be and what would you do in their position? What would you do different?

I'm interested to see how honest people are in fear of being controversial. 

Report Post Tip

I would like to be VinceNoir, because then i would be online. ;)

Report Post Tip

I would not want to be any of them. Now if you had included past leaders I would pick one and note the differences. My style of leading does not compare to any of the current leaders, overall that is.

Report Post Tip

Entertain me _Warped. What did leaders of yesterday do that leaders of today no longer do?

Report Post Tip

Its a very intriguing point of view, Warped. I say we open the floor to not only include our current incumbents, but those from yesteryear, too? 

Report Post Tip

Now if I was a leader I'd do everything I could to prevent the bloodline of birday getting Don, oh wait...

Report Post Tip

Alexander, with all due respect, they know who they are and that is all that matters to me. I have never felt the need to come out to these streets and stroke anyones ego nor would I ever state how I would lead as that would give one an insight into my mannerisms.  Such things show tendencies, strengths and weaknesses. Those are best kept between the upper echelon of a family. I have never been an open book sir. I won't be now.

I would never judge anyone else either. No one way is correct.

Report Post Tip

You say they know who they are, but I dont know who they are. Prehap I can learn from them, or have learned from them. Making a statement such as that should come with a little back story at least.

Report Post Tip
The whole comment is a little redundant. Even the very best of leaders in the current climate would probably be boring as fuck. Hopefully they wouldn't have a quibble about OOCitis (still can't believe that actually happened) but there doesn't seem to be much else to be done. 

I would like to be Deadpool. He's been alive for 142 days and spoken publicly 8 times. Nothing quite screams "inspirational leadership material" like silent anonymity.
Report Post Tip

Eevee thinks about how inspirational Mudkip is for her kind.

She trots over to Hardline and nuzzles hs hand.

Eevee!

Report Post Tip

Gambit thinks long and hard about his answer and it seems that there is only one man that he would like to be if he were a leader.

Tyler Durden dude gets him and his family shot multiple times a week and still everyone comes back if you have that kind of charisma and can keep getting followers after being shot so often that is incredible.

Gambit walks away wondering how no one else could come to this obvious deduction. 

Report Post Tip
I'm interested to see how honest people are in fear of being controversial.

An interesting question. An equally interesting statement to make after it, considering you didn't offer any answer of your own.

If I were any of the leaders, or better yet a leader in general, I assume I would try to do something to leave a legacy behind. Do something that people would remember my run for. Or at the very least die trying. If there were practices in place that I didn't agree with, I'd do what was in my power to make changes. That being said, and at risk of deviating from your original question, you don't even need to be a leader to do that. Just recently we saw a Don come to the streets and propose a practice to be adopted across the cities. He does not wear a bold suit, yet came forward anyway with an idea and put it out there. Granted, nothing ultimately became of it, but at least he tried.

Often times we hear people throw the saying around "Rank up and do something about it". At this point the saying is cliche, but only because what we often see is people ranking up and becoming complacent in their roles. This isn't a knock on anybody past or present, it's just the reality of things. Perhaps it's lack of inspiration, which I can appreciate as often times things get stale in This Thing Of Ours. Certain powerhouse factions are perceived as invincible, even though history has proven otherwise. People (not just leaders) would prefer to whisper behind closed doors, complaining about the big dogs in the yard, and let their kin come back to bitch in the streets after said individuals have been disposed of to spout off at the mouth as thugs only when their words carry no consequence. Godfathers come and go, and their funerals resonate with words like "legend". Really? What was so legendary about them? Length of time served on the throne? What will try be remembered for? Will they be remembered for anything? What mark have they left?

The blueprint of our world is changing as we speak. The way our world will be governed in the future is left in the hands of the mob, not City Hall. That's a lot of potential and opportunity. There's no need to cling to antiquated notions or practices if you're in a position to mold them yourself. You can change the politics of our world. You don't need to cling to a coffeeshop persona to get ahead. You don't even need the coffeeshops at all. If power is something you desire, and nobody is willing or able to hand it to you, you can even seize it for yourself.

Or contrarily, you can rob a post office every three minutes and horde credits until you're killed off, and hope somebody call you a legend at your funeral for no apparent reason.

Report Post Tip

If I could go back I would be one of my great grandfather's that was a CL (A very short time as a CL thanks to a drunken shot taken at me by a LHM in another family). I would've waited and built my gun more and gotten better protection. If he did make the shot and hopefully missed I would've had a sit down with his CL to talk about what should happen next and decide his fate.

Report Post Tip

I figure Ill take another stab at this. Long before I earned this fancy suit Ive been wearing for a few months, I planned to take a different route. Prior bloodlines had been quiet, and content to work behind the scenes. During this adventure, Ive made a real effort to voice my opinions, be in the spotlight, and speak on as many things as I'm capable of speaking on. Its what I could do to be different. I wanted to be seen, and to be heard.

Report Post Tip

I would be extremely disappointed at the sudden downward spiral in quality of leadership. 

Report Post Tip

Nonsense. Leadership quality is and has always been diverse. Some good, some bad. 

Eventually, the good ones will kill off the bad ones and authorise some more bad ones to replace them so that they can keep their hitters ticking over when they inevitably fuck up. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What if it was down to YOU?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL