Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 06:35:58
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Locals - Friendly copy and paste Started by: enkindle on Apr 16, '13 21:20

There is now a link at the bottom of the locals page that pops up a dialog with a copy and paste friendly version of the locals. The content in the dialog is much easier to copy, is cleaner when pasted in game and should not ever fail to post as can happen now. Also, you may choose Tab separators rather than commas to make pasting to a spreadsheet work well.

Also, you can press CTRL+C anywhere on the locals to instantly pop up the dialog.

Report Post Tip
I really like this change. I almost copy the locals but a lot of people do in order to try to get that extra +1. I think it's a good friendly user change.
Report Post Tip

the bad thing about this is I have not found a way to copy/paste and make what I have pasted into a back alley clickable anymore .. for like durdens or quick access to someones profile page. Am I missing something or do I now have to copy that individuals name, put it into a search and then pull up their profile. It kind of slows things down.

Report Post Tip

please disregard my post. I have found a work around.

Report Post Tip
Yeah, the copy paste setup does not include links. The problem was that processing that much html would cause the server to throw a time out error (because processing the html is slow) if the locals list was too large. It was happening far too frequently which is what prompted the creation of that setup.
Report Post Tip

in my opinion, this is so annoying. everytime i want to copy something from a locals page that box pops up, eve if its something off the 60 second list or the chat. is it not possible ot have it where CTRL+A brings up the box, not Ctrl+C?

Report Post Tip

What is there is honestly the best solution available. Also, not everyone uses CTRL+A so it would make a poor substitute.

Report Post Tip

i guess i just have to remember to right click copy on that page.

Report Post Tip

Or copy from another page. Don't copy the locals normally. There IS a reason I did this.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Locals - Friendly copy and paste
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL