Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 18:52:59
Page:  1 
The Other Way Out Started by: Gambino on Nov 10, '08 05:24
Gambino sat on the sofa in his loft apartment above the Gatti Grassi family headquarters. He was enjoying a cup of coffee as he perused the Sunday morning paper. Skimming over the plummeted stock exchange and all the threats Japan was making toward China, he growled in disgust. Nothing good. Not one piece of good news. October was gone so there was no baseball to read about. He turned another page and found himself looking at the Obituaries.

"Yeah, this should fucking cheer me up." He muttered sarcastically to himself. He was about to toss the paper aside when his eye caught a name he knew.

Sam Petrocelli, age 33, was found dead late Saturday evening in his Las Vegas home apparently from a self-inflicted gun shot wound to the head. Mr. Petrocelli was a well known business man and owner of a local nightclub. Funeral services have yet to be announced, still pending location and notification of next of kin...

Gambino quit reading. Sammy. Good ole Sammy. Always good for a laugh. Dead. Killed himself. Damn! "I was just talking to him yesterday morning. He told me he was fine. He was happy. Then he went and killed himself last night?!

Gambino put the paper down and walked over to the livingroom window. The desert sun was bright. The sky was clear. Everything looked so fresh and promising. He looked down at the people taking Sunday walks in the park. Everything was picture perfect.

As Gambino stared out the window, he was lost in thought. "Why would anyone give up and shoot himself? What could be so bad that you would want to wrap your brains around a slug of lead? Or take an overdose. Or jump off a building? Or retire from this thing we do? Retire for Pete's sake! What the hell does a gangster have to retire from? Gambino gave a derisive snort. He wasn't like Sammy. He planned to enjoy every breath he was able to breathe. He had a family to account to. Gambino pulled on his trench coat, secured his pistol, picked up his car keys and left the apartment. He wanted to get a head start on Monday's full agenda.

"I don't know how anyone else feels about it. But I think suicide and "retirement" is the epitome of selfishness. When you do this thing we do, you live by the gun and for the family. And when you live in this lifestyle, you should die in this lifestyle. Suicide and retirement are just another example of "me first" thinking instead of family first.
Report Post Tip
Down the street, at a little cafe, Taskmaster reads the same obituary.

He talks softly to himself

Dumb son of a bitch. What a waste. Now his boss is left with a hole in the crew and a mess to clean up.
Report Post Tip

"I don't know how anyone else feels about it. But I think suicide and "retirement" is the epitome of selfishness. When you do this thing we do, you live by the gun and for the family. And when you live in this lifestyle, you should die in this lifestyle. Suicide and retirement are just another example of "me first" thinking instead of family first.

Selfish? Yes. But is your reason for bringing this up purely to let everyone know how feel about suicide or retirement? Now This is the Mafia. Its one thing to be all friendly within your HQ but talking about caring for these nobodies who take their own lives is touching and pointless.

A reason with more substance as to why this may piss off a lot more of you. Its because the ones on the top of the food chain were not informed. Because this is another opportunity to get one of our more experienced men to do a job and get credited for it. Cos in plain simple English - Its a complete fucking waste offing yourself when someone else can do it for you!

Now if some were really concerned for these troubled gangster, perhaps someone should open up a counseling center in the business district so that the option is there for having someone to talk to before you act on how you feel.

Dumb son of a bitch. What a waste. Now his boss is left with a hole in the crew and a mess to clean up.

"Dumb son of a bitch. What a waste." Exactly, it is a waste.

"Now his boss is left with a hole on the crew and mess to clean up." A hole in his crew? Who gives a shit? That spot can be covered in no time. One man in today, another in tomorrow. It wasn't as if he was Made.

Now, here is my message to all those who think about retiring or committing suicide. Don't be selfish! Let your Crew leader decide who it is going to be to take your life. And if you decide that this life is not for your children, then I don't see why they should come knocking on our doors after your stupidity. Use your common sense.
Report Post Tip
I wholeheartedly agree with Gambino on this subject. Retiring or committing suicide is the epitome of selfishness.

Crewleaders bring you into a family, and they have just as every right to take you out.
Report Post Tip
Unfortunately we live in a world where people want to leave and pass on everything to the next generation quick, often retiring just to see their offspring bg'd for their next run or due to their poor gun skills.

Personally i believe their is only way out of this thing of ours and thats been carried by six especially when they receive or surpass the made mark.
Report Post Tip
*shakes his head sadly* sad, so sad
Report Post Tip
I think retiring or defecting to another family is selfish but when a guy shoots himself,he might be taking a good guy away from his boss, but his status, money, friends, hes taking all that from himself, a guys got to have a good reason to do that.
Report Post Tip
Taking your life comes, oh too commonly these days!

You are in real life situations here, you should do everything to stay alive, not end your on life.

I agree with everything being said here
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Other Way Out
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL