Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 15:45:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Morty's Gym Started by: Mudkip on Apr 28, '13 23:41

Mudkip had been running a successful criminal enterprise for some time now, his crew ran most of Black Bottoms drug trade, prostitution, gun running and even the occasional contract or two on a bum but he knew the feds would be investigating him even more then before and he needed some major legitimate income in the form of a business but he needed somewhere and something that could help his illegitimate income as well when he got the idea.. A gym!

Mudkip wasn't in the business of buying some large gym or even constructing one for an insane amount of money either, he knew he'd needed something that could work but was very price effective when one of his friends, Umbreon, had suggested that he look into buying an old Gym owned by a long gone man named 'Morty' who supposely could talk and control ghosts but the place seemed cheap and effective

Mudkip thought to himself 'A haunted gym for such a good price heh.. It wouldn't take much to renovate it and have people check it out.' Mudkip had most of the first floor checked out and replaced the old broken equipment with new equipment and even bought two pools for the gym and had his boys plant several tree's inside of certain parts of the gym as well, so everyone could feel the positive aura of the gym

Mudkip had got a couple of his boys together to check out the basement which was said to be haunted to see how bad it truly was, Mudkip only saw a couple of annoying bats that kept trying to leech life off of his associates and often did some type of supersonic screeches to piss off us, Mudkip was thinking about having the basement dug out like a cavern for an underground drug route to help distribute drugs closer to home and be much safer for his runners when he had heard something in the distance saying 'Ghaaaaaaaasttttttttley' Over and over again.. It creeped Mudkip out a little but he managed his nerve when something popped out in front of him and screeched 'HAAAAAUNTER!' Before disappearing and freaking Mudkip and associates out to the top of the gym, Mudkip knew he could just put a heavily bolted door there to prevent anyone else from knowing the dark secrets of the gym

Mudkip had everything finally ready in the gym, he often favored his small pool in the middle of the gym and sat in it often meditating about how he could improve himself and his assets when he got up and told his associate to open the doors of the gym, we'd be open for business now and the associate walked outside and put up on a nicely done wooden board in front of the gym that said in large letters in black paint

'Morty's Gym - Fun for anyone willing to do some training!'

Mudkip had sat back down in his pond and saw several people walk in and look around and talk to his gyms secretary at the front of the building, Chansey was a helpful woman who is a medical professional and knew how to help people manage pain and make them feel better with her methods she learned from a safari years and years ago.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Continuing on his adventure through the Detroit Business District, Governor saw a brand new building, after hearing a large scream sounding something along the lines of "MAAAAAAAAAHD!!" he decided it best to go and investigate. Now close enough, Governor read the name on the front of the building, printed in large black paint.

'Morty's Gym - Fun for anyone willing to do some training!'

Entering the Gym, he was immediately greeted by a Pokemon, "Chansey! Chansey!" she said, Governor assumed her name was Chansey. The Chansey then took Governor by the hand over to the pool, where Governor recognized right away was Mudkip, sitting happily inside it.

"G'day Mudkip!" the Governor said, "I was just taking a stroll through the fine streets of Detroit, the very streets that the son of Consigliere Roberto_Carlos now walks along as well. I heard some loud noises coming from here while I was down the street, is everything alright?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Mudkip heard his secretary Chansey talking to someone at the entrance of the gym but Mudkip had been meditating and didn't pay much attention to the matter until she led a well known man into his little sanctuary that was the pool of the gym in the left wing and Mudkip smiled

'G'day Gov!' Mudkip jokingly said as the Gov talked about the legendary Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) who had once had a large building just down this very street

'Hey Governor, everything is going great in here pal! I've renovated this place to meet several demands of some people and its quite honestly a nice relaxing place to be during the day'

Mudkip hears two boxers nearby arguing over who was better at it, Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan, Mudkip didn't particularly care about whom was better but he had known several people bet a nice chunk of change on the two each day and his gym took a small cut on the side

'How is everything going with you Gov? Interested in signing up in the gym here or are you just strolling by friend?'

Report Post Tip

"Everything is going well, Mudkip. I don't think I'm experienced enough to take part in this gym though, all these Pokemon just seem way to strong for me to handle. I mean those two boxers over there, they look like they were made for boxing. Absolutely no way I could compete with them."

Just at that moment an idea had formed in Governor's head, and his eyes lit up with knowledge "But I know someone who might! Umbreon is getting stronger everyday, Im sure a place like this would be perfect for her!"

An eery and cold feeling swept over Governor all of a sudden, as the lights flickered for a few moments, hearing a faint but spooky 'Gengaaaar' in the distance.

"Say, Mudkip, did you hear that? It sounded like it was coming from this door..."

Report Post Tip

'Good to hear friend, we have beginner challenges too, for the people who are just beginning to train, just head to the small little forest over there and walk in the tall grass, you'll understand soon my friend.'

Mudkip smiles and points to the right wing of the gym where the small inside forest was, tree's and all

'In fact, Umbreon was the one who urged me to buy this place, I think she'd love it here, she has always been the athletic one and I bet she could tackle harder then most of the others here too.'

Mudkip saw Governor back up a little and saw his face go weird for a second, its almost as if he heard a ghost or something

'I didn't hear anything Gov, perhaps you should head back to Chansey? She could help you feel better man, she's a well known doctor in her home land you know.'

Mudkip didn't want anyone to even touch the door let alone get near it, the noise probally was one of the maybe supposed ghosts that haunted this gym years prior but he didn't' care

Report Post Tip

Frank was walking down the street after just recently finishing a job for his boss when he heard some men talking about a new joint not far from here. And Frank, being human, naturally went check it out. Once he arrived Frank spotted the clearly new sign as it said, 

"Morty's Gym"

Frank walked through the door's and into the gym. After being awkwardly greeted by some weird non-human animal thing, Frank walked through the new building admiring the view. Setting his coat on the coat rack Frank walked into the main room and looked around deciding what to do first.

Report Post Tip

Mudkip had just shooed Governor away from the bolted door and convinced him to go play in the tall grass nearby and do some training there, perhaps make some new friends there when Mudkip noticed a Detroit man had walked in and was chatting up his secretary, Chansey

'Hello Frank, good to see you here pal, interested in doing some training here? Chansey here could suggest things to your uh ..Level so you wouldn't be overwhelmed by some activities here'

Mudkip directed Frank to the pool in the north wing where most of the public played polo and volleyball there, occasionally doing some boxing and karate there too

'Interested in going up against one of my boxers Frank? You look like a good boxer'

Mudkip had wanted to train his boxers against some of Detroit's best boxers to see if the were truly worthy of representing Morty's gym

Report Post Tip

After having a genuine monster fed fish sandwich for lunch Silk got in her car with her young associate James and said, "A friend of mine opened a new business in Black Bottom. You know Almonette's boss, Mudkip?"

"I've heard of him, but never met him." The boy answered and looked down at his jeans and shirt. "I should change. Almon made me a nice suit to wear when I meet important people."

"No need to change." Silk replied and drove towards Black Bottom. "The business is a gym."

Five minutes later the mobster and her associate arrived outside Morty's Gym. When they walked inside Silk saw a poster on the wall about boxing and pointed at it. "You like fighting, James. You want to try boxing?" The boy looked at the poster with curiosity and nodded.

Report Post Tip

Frank was flirty with Morty's secretary when the man himself walked up offering him a boxing match.

"Aye Morty, would love to spar with your boxers. Maybe even teach them a thing or to. But i will give it a go."

Frank turned around long enough to wink at Chansey the secretary before walking off with Morty to look at the boxing area and admiring all the work that was put into the place. Expecially the nice detail.

Report Post Tip

Mudkip had heard his friend Silk come in with a young man who looked as if he just got done running from the police but then there was Silk who was dressed quite well despite being quite the bloody mobster that Mudkip knew she was

'Hello Silk, you look lovely today! Who might the young man be, a new associate?' Mudkip took a drink of his water from his bottle nearby and continued 'Whats your name fella?' Mudkip heard the man faintly say 'James' when Mudkip figured James could beat the hell out of Frankie in the ring and possibly make some money out of it

'You interested in boxing son? Cause I gots me a man wanting to box right over there but the boxers I have ready.. Well they're quite professional, hell kicking and punching are there lives.'

Mudkip kicked Frankie away from his secretary Chansey and told him he had a contender to fight against and to be ready in 10 minutes

'Alright Silk, your boy James against Frankie over here? This should be interesting, make sure James' is in the ring in about 10 minutes sharp, I want a real fight'

Mudkip gave his cynical grin that he often gave those before ending there miserable lives and he laughed a little at it and sat down next to the ring, hoping for some blood between the two men

Report Post Tip

Frank looked at the young associate James and laughed then turned back to Chansey. After a brief coversation Mudkip kicked Frank telling him to be ready in ten minutes to fight the young protege. So Frank shrugged his shoulder's and walked off to get ready. 

After a few minutes Frank walked back out in some boxing short's with red boxing gloves on, ready for his match.

"So, we better be taking bet's because i like money Mudkip."  Frank smiles "And by the way im offended you think that kid could beat me. now way im losing to him."

Report Post Tip

Silk smiled when Mudkip suggested a boxing match between Frank and James. "My boy is tough. He grew up on the streets. I'll tell him to take it easy on Frankie."

A few minutes later James had gloves on and was ready to rumble. Silk approached her eighteen year old associate and quietly talked to him. "No cheap shots or rough stuff. Take a few punches and throw a few to show him you can handle yourself." With a wink and a pat on the back Silk added, "Have fun."

James went to the ring and Silk sat down next to Mudkip. "Frankie is right. We need to bet. I'll put 100k on my boy."

Report Post Tip

Mudkip knew Silk didn't just pickup any old rift raft on the streets as associates so her boy must be as hard as nails but Mudkip had known Valturi to be an able fighter and hard enforcer of Don Rayden in the hard streets of Detroit, so he thought it'd be a no contest for Frankie to win

'Silk, i'd be happy to take that bet dear, the match seems like it will start soon, both contenders are in there corners and ready to fight and we've done our little bet already, I wonder how this will turn out honestly, its all quite interesting, heh'

Mudkip knew it would be a clean fight between the two men and a tough fight but he believed in Frankie to win and he heard the bell ring and the two men starting to move closer towards each other

'Are you sure you want to keep your bet, Silk? Frankie will stomp the boy, I wouldn't want either of them to get hurt.'

Mudkip did want one of them to get hurt though, his gym was known to host some of the best fighters in Detroit and wanted the reputation to continue and smirked a little at the thought of the boys getting hurt

Report Post Tip

Frank heard the bell and moved fast around the ring, seeing the boy's eye's get focused trying to figure what Frank's move was going to be. But after 8 year's of this stuff Frank met enough of these young guy's trying to show up the veteren's in trying to make a name for themself's. But Frank didn't take it hard on them because he knew that was him at one time. But to lose to this kid is another thing...losing your reputation meant everything in this buisness, you'd lose respect, buisness, and even power in certain point's. Frank knew he could drop the kid with a punch or two but he decided he would make it interesting atleast.

After a few moment's Frank finally stepped up letting the kid throw a few, returning a couple of his own. Only learning the kid's technique and seeing his weakness' and oppening's. This was going to turn out rather interesting.

Report Post Tip

Mudkip could see what Frankie was doing, he was going real easy on the kid who was throwing quick jabs and punches like a true boxer, perhaps this would be a good fight instead of the almost fixed like fight that he had thought it would be a quick knockout on the young boxer named James

'Wow Silk, perhaps you ARE right regarding the boy, hes holding his own against a hardened member of our society, that's not easy to do at all, where did you find him by the way?'

Just as he spoke he saw the boy James hit Valturi hard in the mouth, it wasn't a knockout in the least, but it got Frankie right mad quickly to where it looked to be a real fight now coming from both of the men

'This is getting intense, I'm liking this scene a lot, perhaps we could do this often, Silk?'

Mudkip smiled as he always did when someone was doing something productive, like beating up a Detroit capodecina in a boxing match, it just made Mudkips day all the time when random things like that happened

Report Post Tip

Silk watched the action in the ring and answered Mudkip's question, "Actually I didn't find James. Almonette did. Long story. Ask her about it sometime."

As the fight got more intense other boxers training in the gym stopped to watch the Capo and young associate. After a few rounds Silk went to the corner of the ring where a trainer was talking to James and said, "Scram. I want to talk to my boy." After the trainer walked away Silk whispered something to her associate then returned to her seat next to Mudkip as the next round started.

Twenty seconds into the round James was down for the count. "Aww what a shame." Silk commented and shook her head with disappointment. "I'll tell my accountant to send you 100k." She said to Mudkip then congratulated Frank.

Later as Silk and James left the gym the associate asked, "Why did you tell me to take a dive? You lost money."

"No, the 100k is an investment in a lot more money I'll make from you." Silk answered. "The other boxers were watching you. You showed them you're a tough opponent, but they'll think they can beat you because Frank did. When you fight them the odds will be against you, which will make the odds for betting on you very high. After you KO a few of the pros I'll make a million easy." The mobster smiled because making money made her almost as happy as wacking bums.

Report Post Tip

Frank got off his stool after the break came to an end, watching Silk walk away Frank watched the boy closely. After Silk cleared away Frank could see the disappointment and confusion in the face of young James. No doubt she planned on making more money on the kid, but what the hell, Frank would do the same just as any reasonable mafioso. So Frank would let it go this time...he had his own plans.

After the count out the ref, attempting to pick up Frank's arm for the win, but instead Frank just smiled and kneeled next to the kid and said slowly but to the point.

"Don't worry kid, the money will be great. But next time we meet in the ring i don't plan on letting you stand for those extra round's."

Walking off out the ring to wash up Frank nodded to Mudkip and just laughed.

Report Post Tip

Umbreon trotted through the front door of the new gym where she was accosted by a Chansey going on about how some human was trying to pick her up, Umbron thought this was pretty messed up, but she also thought Chansey was unnecessarily histrionic about it and ain't nobody got time for that. Umbreon used rest on the Chanser, stole her egg, and trotted off into the gym. 

Umbreon ran into the locker room, pawed at the door of one of the lockers to open it, and deposited the egg. As she left the locker room she heard 

Hitmonchan chan

and looked over to see a Hitmonchan boxing a Hitmonlee that Umbreon knew to be a total prick. Umbreon used Shadow Ball on the Hitmonlee and then ran off.

When she got to the pool that contained her friend Mudkip she jumped in and dog paddled over to him. 

Breeeee breee umm Umbreon!

Report Post Tip

Mudkip was happy to know the results of the boxing match, He made money, Frankie won his first fight and proved himself and Silk got what she wanted out of it as well, all things were going good it seemed. After the match Mudkip sat in the middle of his meditation pool in the center of his gym, laying towards the west wing when he heard some commotion coming from the front of the gym.

'What the hell is going on over here? Why is Chansey asleep? She never sleeps.' Mudkip knew it was a prank or someone was planning something here however he didn't plan to find out, he could take some would be assassin should that be the case but Mudkip thought it was just some kids joking around with his secretary.

Moments later he saw Umbreon walking out of the locker room after hitting one of his boxers for god knows why, he didn't know why but he thought it was funny as there was no retaliation back. Umbreon came to the meditation pool and swam over to Mudkip to speak some wise words that he needed to hear

Mudkip had some words back, but he had to make sure he phrased it right 'Muuuuuuudkip, muddd kip! Mudkip.' Mudkip knew barely anyone could understand the Mudkip when he was speaking his real language instead of the human language, however Umbreon, Chansey and some of his boxers understood him completely and it made him feel more at ease as always.

Report Post Tip

Mitzi_May walks in and sees a bunch of "pokemon" working out and getting stronger. Mitzi_May wasn't very sure about all these furry, scaly, and feathery creatures with human intelligence running around, but she did know one thing. They were just so darn cute there was nothing she wanted more then to pick them up and squeeze them. Sadly though she knew that they weren't overly fond of her advances and the scar on her arm from the last time she tried to squeeze one of these cute creatures was more than a reminder. Hoping Mudkip hadn't noticed her lurking too long She goes into the establishment.

"Hey there Mudkip! Really cool place you have here. Must of set you back a fortune."  

Waiting for a response she continues with a question when Mudkip didn't respond

"How much does a membership to this place cost a person?"

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Morty's Gym
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL