Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 11:04:44
Page:  1 
Telkin's Pawn and Recovery Started by: Telkin on May 16, '13 03:23
As the sun set over the Business District in Detroit, Telkin felt a smile appear on his face for the first time in days. Wiping sweat from his brow, he sits back in the comfortable office chair he'd acquired in a shipment back in the day. The floor was lined with fine cuts of rugs, all being weighed down what looked to be...but surely couldn't be real giant rubies? But yes, they were real. Telkin had retrieved those from a scuba diving expedition on tip from an old friend in the business.

He'd yet to post any flyer's, but had mentioned the opening of his business to a few friends in hopes that when it did open word of mouth would bring forth customers. The shop was a specialty shop, on the more lucrative side of the business district. Telkin was known for getting things that were worth significantly more than what you'd find at your average "pawn shop".

Finding yourself in need of some things that the normal shops would offer, you head to the Detroit Business District based on a rumor that a new shop was setting up and could possibly have what you need.

The shelving in the front of the room was lined with antique knives from various different centuries throughout history, all encrusted with fine gems and jewels. Throughout the entire panel weapons of all sorts could be found in the finest conditions, at reasonable prices!

The number of priceless items went on and on as you walked further into and around the shop, but a man coming out of the office distracts you.

"Hi, I'm Telkin! I run this pawn and scavenge business here, though as you can clearly see my items are a bit more rare and unique than those of others. I also specialize in recovering lost items, so long as they're very valuable."

Telkin smiles politely, and takes a seat in the desk behind the front counter, leaving you to peruse the shop
Report Post Tip

Walking down the street of Downtown, DT Creep looks for something to do. Noticing the name Telkin on the sign, he walks into the pawn shop. Creep doesn't see anyone and walks around. Not many people like Creep, by the way he looks. He looks well.. like a Creep.

'Telkin my friend. You around? he says quietly.

Creep hears nothing, so he sits down in the corner and nods his head back and takes a big sigh.

'Fucking jesus. Been so busy since the start of that damn war. No sleep. Running on nothing! Time to rest.' Creep said to himself as he nods off.

Report Post Tip

Lux's head snaps up as she hears Creep swearing. Shaking her head she waits a minute to see if Telkin has noticed him. Not hearing anything she wanders around to where Creep was.

Clearing her throat she talks softly. "So this is where you're hiding? Looking for anything particular sir?"

She smooths her hands over the dress she had chosen for the day and takes a look around.

"I was hoping to find a new necklace. Noticed any?"

Report Post Tip

Creep looks up at this beautiful woman standing in front of him. Creep gets up and gives Lux a big hug.

How are you today miss. I am just waiting on Telkin, and no I have not seen any necklaces. For some reason those don't catch my eye! he says.

Creep begins to walk the shop looking for items he could potentially use.

Report Post Tip
Telkin notices his close friends browsing around and goes up to talk to them.

"Creep, Lux, nice to see you both here!"

Telkin smiles and hugs the both of them. It had been far too long since the new residents of Detroit had time to do personal things, recently it was always business this and mail that person that. It was nice to be able to just walk around his shop, showing it off to his peers

"Anything in particular you two are looking for?"
Report Post Tip

Lux gives Creep a hug and kisses his cheek and turns to return Telkin's hug.

"Glad to have some down time to catch a breath, isn't it boys?"

Lux takes a moment to check out a few items.

"I am sure you have many ideas on why you should look at jewellery, Creep. As for you Telkin would you happen to have any necklaces? I keep meaning to change to a new one but have been so busy."

Report Post Tip
After seeing a unmarked vehicle he thought was a cop car start to follow him riden runs into the nearest shop to him, After running into the shop like a mad man he quickly wipes his dress pants and shoes of all dirt he takes off his fedora throwing it in the trash bin walks over to where Telkin was standing and speaks; Sorry for interuppting, but you would not happen to have some South Asian King Cobras would you, I need six of them a large bag and a tranquilizer.
Report Post Tip

Kizzy walks among the racks and shelves, now and then reaching out to gently finger a piece of cloth or examine an artifact. Nothing seems to quite catch her fancy, however, until she looks up to see who's behind the counter. A smile stretches across her face and she makes her way up to the counter, training her eyes on the jewelry case. She pauses, her eyes sifting through the jewels, mentally appraising each one. Finally, she points to a bright diamond mounted on a silver ring, surrounded by innumerable tiny sapphires.

"That one must be for a very lucky lady out there somewhere, don't you think, Mr. Telkin?"

Report Post Tip
Nods to Lux, agreeing with her completely. There wasn't much time normally to relax now, especially still this soon after a war

"Actually, I do have a few pearl necklaces over here if you'd like to take a look"

Telkin walks Lux over to the shelves holding necklaces, and he points out a few different price ranged necklaces. There was an enormous arrangement of the most ornate jewelry most people had ever seen, surely she'd be able to find something of her liking. Letting her peruse those for a moment Telkin looks up to see his dear friend Kizzy examining a ring, and and he walks up to her with a smile on his face.

"Hello dear, nice to see you out and about!"

Telkin notices the ring she was examining, it was one of his personal favorites in the displays.

"It all depends really, I am a pawn shop owner after all. It could be persuaded to be given up, if the cost is right. The same goes for all my items truly!"

Telkin laughs and lights a cigar.
Report Post Tip

Kizzy laughs along with Telkin, pulling out her own case of cigarettes and carefully selecting one. As she lights it, she examines the ring a bit more closely.

How many carats is the diamond? Somewhere between two and three to look at it. Marquise cut, a bit exotic. Really something to stand out in a crowd.

Report Post Tip
Telkin smiles and nods, appreciating her knowledge of the ring. Taking a closer look at the diamond with a mini-scope he carried in his pocket, he chuckles.

"Almost spot on, 2.2 karats. And aye, I got this beauty in India from a merchant who needed...well, a favor to say the least."

Telkin turns his cigar slowly, making sure it burns evenly. There really were no words for how relaxing it was to smoke a fine Cuban cigar and barter with his friends.
Report Post Tip

Kizzy's eyes slide over to watch Telkin in a calculating way. She slips her arm through his, nestling herself close against him.

"Oh, Telkin, you always have such mysterious stories for anything, don't you?" She flashes him a bright smile. "I'll have to get that story out of you over a drink one of these days--maybe if I run into you in Chicago, hm?" Her eyes lower again to the ring.  "But I was thinking...oh, a thousand for this little beauty?"

Report Post Tip
Telkin chuckles and ruffles Kizzy's hair, even though he knew she despised it. Sometimes it was worth flustering people just for their reactions. Stubbing his cigar out, he mentally calculated how much effort it took to get and how long he'd hat it... It had certainly been quite some time.

"A thousand it is, only if we can definitely have a few drinks one of these nights we're both not terribly busy."
Report Post Tip

Her face scrunches up sourly as Telkin ruffles her hair, but when he agrees to her proposition she breaks out in a grin.

"Ah, but of course, mon cher. Although maybe I should be a little suspicious if it was that quick for you to make your decision." She pulls out her checkbook and rapidly writes out the proper amount, signing it with a flourish before handing it over. She slips the new ring onto her right hand, admiring it happily.

"Pleasure doing business with you, dear."

Report Post Tip

The door bell rings over her head as the fairly young woman walked into the past. Overlooking all the different collectibles through the cluttered store. "Oh look at you mister Telkin, wearin' them fancy clothes. Come along way ain't you? Business must be good?" Looking around noticing the others in the store staring at her. She wasn't around from the big city and it took some time for people to get used to her. "What ya'll gawkin' at?" She immediately swung back at Telkin louder than usual, "I'm lookin' for a saddle for my friend outside. Her names Betsy, shes a beauty ain't she? No mister, it ain't no trick question. Just wanting a saddle that's all. Nothin' fancy either, you city folk and your automobiles."

Report Post Tip

Entering the shop and seeing all the customers lined up, the tall dark man waits his turn. Eventually he walks up to the counter. Telkin was standing behind it, as he was just finishing up with the last patron. He was a small man, Telkin was in stature, but he made up for it in heart.

"Hello old friend, I was wondering if you could help me locate a few things. I seem to have lost a vile of virgin blood, this particular item has very special meaning to me, I've had it for centur.... years.. yes years.. Also I'm looking for a small silver cross, it's sharpened to a point at the bottom, and is quite blood stained I'm afraid."

Alucard places one hand down on the counter, and takes off his hat with the other. As Telken watches a smile grow on his face he notices all of his teeth are sharpened to a point, and have a red hue to them. They look they are stained from drinking, or eating something red quite often.

"If you could help it anyway my friend, it would be much appreciated."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Telkin's Pawn and Recovery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL