Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 18:54:52
Page:  1 
Surgeon General's Warning Started by: Zoey on Nov 17, '08 00:46
Damn it, Dean. Why did the traffic stop? Is there an accident? What in the hell is going on?

Sitting in TheDean's car in the middle of morning rush hour traffic Zoey was anxious to get to the Riot HQ for a meeting. She knew Marietta would be mad if her Right and Left Hand were not there in time. With the recent change in her boss Zoey expected to be yelled at if they arrived a minute late. The last thing she wanted was Marietta to be mad at her.

I can't believe we're stuck in a traffic jam. I guess this is something we can't shoot our way out of.

Next to her with his hands on the steering wheel TheDean nodded, but he didn't look worried. Zoey admired him for being calm, cool and collected. Although she wasn't as dramatic as when she was a younger mobster there were still times she worried about minor things like getting blood on a new pair of shoes.

Look, there's a new coffee shop. Zoey pointed to a building in the middle of a block. I'm going to get a cup of coffee. Do you want one?

TheDean nodded again and took out his wallet. He gave Zoey a few dollars and told her what he wanted in his coffee. Zoey got out of the car and walked to the coffee shop. Inside she was surprised to find the patrons at the counter and tables were slumped down with their eyes closed. Zoey looked at the old man behind the counter and blurted out her reaction to the scene.

What the fuck?

For a moment Zoey thought the people were dead, but there was no blood anywhere. As she walked over to the counter she put her hand in her coat pocket and rested it on her gun just in case there was trouble. The old man behind the counter was wearing a white apron. Zoey looked around again at the people she assumed were sleeping and was about to ask the man about them when he pointed to a sign on the wall.

Surgeon General's Warning: Caffeine served in public causes excessive drowsiness.

After reading the sign it occurred to Zoey the surgeon general was right. Lately she saw people sleeping in every coffee shop she went to. It was obvious the new coffee shop she was standing in was hit hard by the epidemic. Instead of ordering coffee Zoey politely smiled at the old man and left his shop. She walked back to TheDean's car, got in and told him about what she saw.

That place is a dive. It's crowded, but all the customers are knocked out cold. I don't understand why people go to places like that just to sleep. When I'm in an establishment full of associates and have a question about business I expect an answer, especially when we're dealing with rogues and other craziness, but all I hear is snoring. It's ridiculous. I don't handle all business in coffee shops, but they are a big part of our thing.

Zoey shook her head and was relieved to see traffic was moving. She checked the time on her watch.

I hope we get to the HQ before the meeting starts. I don't want the tyrant to bite our heads off.
Report Post Tip
I don't get it.No offense
Report Post Tip
Jimmy grabs the hitman by the collar and drags him back to his Head Quarters. As he is leaving he yells back to Zoey

Sorry about him dear, he will be taken care of.
Report Post Tip
hahahahaha, very clever zoey, great piece
Report Post Tip
Im sorry for this disrespectufl remark Zoey.It won't happen again.
Report Post Tip
disrespectful**
Report Post Tip
Zoey, perhaps you are just visiting the wrong coffee shops. My family's shop is rarely crowded, but it is usually pretty lively. Hell, you can't hardly walk in the door without Horatio Caine jumping up and screaming "HAI!"

I have noticed that in many shops people seem to only wake up to inquire about drug prices in other cities. I'm not sure if the real culprit is apathy or if someone is just spiking the coffee supply with sedatives.
Report Post Tip
"My coffee shop is fairly active, We mostly have alot of fun in there. Why don't you stop by sometime? I have the best coffee in town!"
Report Post Tip
Its far worse than just asking for drug prices in these, lets say select coffee shops. Some may disagree, but coffee shops are important places where information can be acquired or exchanged.

What bothers me, is that when important information is needed, not now or in a minute, but before I have to get up and ask for it, its not given.

For all you sleepers out there, get up and smell the coffee.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Surgeon General's Warning
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL