Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 10:36:10
Page:  1 
Mooringline Restaurant and Bar Started by: Mercury on May 20, '13 21:00

The Mooringline Restaurant and Bar is located within the Detroit Yacht Club on Belle Isle. It is a five star restaurant with spectacular views of Detroit. The outside deck overlooks the docs and gardens of the Detroit Yacht Club. With superior service and superior food, this restaurant is a prime meeting place for boaters, mobsters and Yacht Club members alike. The restaurant is open to the public Sunday through Friday with Saturday reserved for members. Dinner and tickets to the Mooringline Theater can be purchased through the Concierge in the main lobby. Sit back and enjoy a fine meal while you wait on your "deliveries" to arrive from Canada. If you leave your name with the dock manager, Antonio, he will let you know when it arrives.

The Menu

Starters

DYC TRUE MARYLAND CRAB CAKES (2) – $2

• Petite Crab Cakes made with Jumbo Lump Crab Over Grilled Sour Dough With A White Wine Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce

BUFFALO CALAMARI – $2

• Tender Strips Of Calamari “Steak” Lightly Dusted, Quick Fried, Tossed In Traditional Buffalo Sauce And Topped With Crumbled Blue Cheese (May Be Ordered Without Buffalo Sauce)

PORK POT STICKERS (6) – $1.5

• Pan Fried Pork Pot Stickers Served With Soy And Sweet Chili Sauce

MARGARITA FLAT BREAD – $1.25

• Pita Bread Brushed With Garlic, Herb And Black Truffle Infused Olive Oil and Grilled. Topped With Smoked Mozzarella Grilled, Arugula, Roma Tomato Slices, And Crispy Prosciutto

SHRIMP COCKTAIL – $1.25

• Served With Cocktail Sauce And Lemon

Salads

HOUSE SALAD – $.5

• Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, Purple Cabbage, Cucumber And Grape Tomatoes

ALL SUMMER LONG – $1.5

• Our House Made Chicken And Tuna Salad On A Bed Of Fresh Summer Greens With Cubed Fruit And Crostini, Cucumbers And Grape Tomatoes

CAESAR – $1.75 ADD: CHICKEN $.5, GRILLED SALMON $1

• Crisp Romaine, Shredded Parmesan, Croutons, Cherry Tomato And Pepperoncini Tossed In Our Light Caesar Dressing

GRAND TRAVERSE – $2.25 ADD: CHICKEN $.5, GRILLED SALMON $1

• Blend Of Summer Greens With Raspberries, Strawberries, Mandarin Oranges, Toasted Almonds, Jicama, Dried Cherries And Cherry Vinaigrette Dressing

Sandwiches

GALLEY BURGER – $3

• 10oz Angus Beef Smothered With Caramelized Onions, Smoked Bacon, Sauteed Mushrooms, American And Swiss Cheese On A Fresh Grilled Bakery Bun

DYC BURGER – $2

• 10oz Angus Beef Grilled To Order With Your Choice Of Cheese Served On A Fresh Grilled Bakery Bun

CLASSIC FRENCH DIP – $3

• Our Slow Roasted Prime Rib Of Beef, Shaved Deli Thin, Stacked On A Warm French Roll With Caramelized Onion. Served With Au-Jus For Dipping And Choice Of Side

GROUPER PO-BOY – $2.50

• Grouper Fillets, Coated In Seasoned Flour, Flashed Fried Served On A Warm Hoagie Roll With Lettuce And Tomato With A Choice Of Sides

CLUB FRONT ~ $2

• Shaved Turkey Breast, Smoked Bacon, Lettuce, Sliced Tomato And Mayo On Toasted Potato Bread Served With Choice Of side

PERCH SANDWICH – $2

• Great Lakes Perch Fillets Dusted And Quick Fried On A Warm Bun Served With Choice Of Sides

REUBEN – $2.5

• Thinly Shaved Smoked Corned Beef With Thousand Island Dressing And Sauerkraut Grilled On Marble Rye Bread With A Choice Of Sides

Choice of sides consists of Onion Rings, French Fries, DYC Chips, or House Salad

Entrees

ATLANTIC SALMON - $4

• Your Choice Of Grilled, Blackened Or Broiled Atlantic Salmon Served With A Sweet Chili Glaze Or White Wine Herb Butter
  • Wine Pairing ~ Pinot Noir

YELLOW LAKE PERCH – $4.5

• Skinless Fillets Lightly Dusted, Sautéed , Topped with White Wine Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce

GROUPER PLATTER – $4

• Pan Seared or Baked Grouper Platter
  • Wine Pairing ~ Chardonnay

PASTA PRIMAVERA – $3.5 ADD: CHICKEN - $1

• Seasonal Vegetables, Fresh Garlic, Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Herbs Sautéed And Tossed With Linguine Pasta
  • Wine Pairing ~ Chablis

BBQ PORK RIBS – ½ Slab $3.5 Full Slab $4.5

• Chef’s Tender And Savory BBQ Pork Ribs
  • Wine Pairing ~ Sauvignon Blanc

THAI CHICKEN PASTA – $4

• Sautéed Chicken In A Spicy Peanut Sauce With Scallions, Carrots, Sprouts And Ginger Tossed With Linguine Available without Chicken
  • Wine Pairing ~ Pinot Grigio

ANGUS NEW YORK STRIP - $5.50

• 18oz Choice New York Strip, Hand Cut, Grilled To Order And Topped With Fresh sauteed mushrooms
  • Wine Pairing ~ Avalon Cabernet

DYC SIGNATURE TRUE MARYLAND CRAB CAKES – $5.50

• (2) Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Served Over Grilled Sour Dough With A White Wine Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce
  • Wine Pairing ~ Chateau Grand Traverse Late Harvest

GRILLED FRENCH CUT CHICKEN BREAST – $4

• Grilled Chicken Breast Served With Sautéed Swiss Chard and Baked Sweet Potato
  • Wine Pairing ~ Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

FILET MIGNON – $6

• Choice Center Cut 8oz
  • Wine Pairing ~ Kendall Jackson Cabernet

CHEF KEN’S FAMOUS MAC AND CHEESE – $2
Chef Ken’s Southern Style Macaroni And Cheese, Served in a Cast Iron Skillet “Enough To Share”.

All Entrees Served With House Salad, Vegetable Du Jour, With Your Choice Of Baked Potato, Mashed Potatoes, French Fries, DYC Chips Or Rice Pilaf

Desserts (made fresh daily)

Three layer Chocolate Cake $.5

Raspberry Tiramisu $.75

Apple Pie ala mode with Vanilla Ice Cream $.75

Strawberry Shortcake $.5

• topped with Whipped Cream

Beverages

Sodas $.5
Coffee/Tea $.5
Irish Coffee $1
Mixed Drinks $1
Shots $.75
Double Shots $1.25
Irish Cream

A vast selection of wine, scotch, whiskey, rum, gin, Bailey's and vodka mixed to your liking or straight up.

Coca Cola Products, Coffee, Tea, Irish Coffee

Yacht Club Members receive a 30% discount on food purchases.

As you enter a Hostess greets you and asks whether you would like to be seated in the restaurant or the bar. The pretty, young bartender awaits to take your order as does a stunning waitress in the restaurant. You really can't go wrong with your choice.

Report Post Tip

walks in and taks a seat and looks at the menu chooses orders and begins to eat...

Report Post Tip

As Mercury returned from Chicago and arrived at her restaurant in Detroit, she saw a lady walk in nearly right behind her, be seated and order. She decided to send over a complimentary bottle of wine to her.

Tell the lady welcome and pour this for her. It should compliment her meal perfectly.

Remember, the wine makes the meal. she said to the waitress. Mercury watched as she delivered the wine.

Mercury went to her office and waited, impatiently at that. She began arranging the various performances for the Detroit Yacht Club. She decided to book things a month at a time. For starters, she would kick things off with a Jazz Band this weekend. Next week she would have a theatrical performance Monday through Thursday. The following Friday and Saturday night would be Cabaret Performances. Mercury picked up the phone and called the local Theatrical Guild. She told them what she was looking For. They talked times and prices. Mercury found out where the groups practiced and told the director she would be by sometime tomorrow to review them. She asked that he have a portfolio avaialble.

Once they agreed on the basics, Mercury hung up. She looked at her watch. She really thought she would hear from Sneaker by now. She wondered what she was doing but more importantly what she was thinking. Mercury picked up the phone and called the amusement park.

Hi. This is Mercury. Is Sneaker still there? Don't tell her I called. I am just curious. I was hoping to have heard from her. Mercury said.

She just left. I can see her out in the parking lot talking to the attendant. Wait, it looks like he is taking her somewhere, she informed Mercury.

Mercury had left a message at her restaurant in Chicago should Sneaker show up. They had instructions to bring her to Detroit. Alright, thank you, Mercury said before hanging up.

Chicago

Sneaker sat in the  apartment in shock. The woman had bled. She was not a ghost! Sneaker went to the fridge and stuck the rest of her pizza in it. She went back to the table and began coloring again. It was not long before she was bored with it. She left the apartment and went into the park. She rode the Tilt-A-Whirl and the Carousel. Her mind was running wild. Mercury had been good to her. Real good to her. She had taken care of her, defended her, and protected her. Could this woman who looks so much like her be like her as well? She was calm like her when she spoke to Sneaker. She was wondering if she could trust this woman when she got on the Ferris Wheel. Sneaker loved the Ferris Wheel/ It went so high! At tht top, Sneaker looked around. For the first time, she noticed restaurant on the lake in the distance. She could barely make it out. Mercury had told her she owned that place. It was then and there that she decided to go find this woman. When the Ferris Wheel came down, she got off. The attendant was surprised when she didn't ride it a second or even third time as she often did. Sneaker went to the apartment, grabbed the piece of paper with the name and address on it and left the amusement park. Out front, she talked one of the parking attendants into taking her to Belle Isle. She was taking a big chance here. She hoped it was worth it. When she arrived, She walked in and began looking around. She didn't see Mercury anywhere. She became skeptical when the hostess approached her. She told her they were expecting her. The hostess spoke with the manager and came back to Sneaker. "Do you feel like going on an adventure with me? Mercury had to go to Detroit but she said if you showed up I could take you on a plane and bring you to her!"  Sneaker wasn't buying it! "I want to speak to Mercury! Where is she!" The hostess quickly took Sneaker to the office and called Detroit. She hoped Mercury was in her office!

Just as Mercury was pondering what her next step would be, the phone rang. It was the Hostess in Chicago.

Sneaker is here demanding to talk to you. She ... before the woman could finish, Sneaker grabbed the phone. Where are you? I thought you said you'd be here? Why aren't you here? Sneaker said demanding answers.

Mercury mustered the calmest voice she could and answered her.

Sneaker, I have brand new businesses in Detroit. I had to fly here. If you will let the lady bring you here I will take you for a boat ride. We own lots of boats! she said enthusiastically hoping to grab Sneaker's attention.

Boats? What kind of boats? Fast boats? Sneaker asked.

Yep! All kinds of boats! Come on up here and I will show you. We will take one of the fast boats out for a ride, Mercury said.

Ok, I'll be right there! Sneaker said excitedly. She had never been on a boat! Mercury laughed as she hung up the phone. This kid wasn't as bad as everyone said.

Sneaker turned to the Hostess. C'mon! Lets Go! she said. As an afterthought, she asked Where's Detroit?

Report Post Tip

As brambles walks into the fine establishment, she is greeted by a dashing young woman. Brambles asks to be seated at the bar. The Hostess leads Brambles to the bar and the bar tender takes over.

"Can I take your order, please?" Says the young woman.

Brambles sits up on the bar stool and scans over the menu. "Well I'm just popping in for a quick one so we'll make it a coffee to have while I read my news paper. Brambles takes out her newspaper as the bar tender nods then gets on with making the coffee. 

Report Post Tip

While walking the streets of Detroit Toberius felt the all too familiar rumble in his stomach and knew immediately it was time for him to get dinner. Looking around he noticed The Mooringline Restaurant and Bar and was instantly attracted to it. Hurrying inside he got himself a small booth along the wall and began examining the menu. 

After a few moments Toberius closed the menu and sat it down in front of him. When the waitress approaches the table Toberius removes a small metal box from his jacket pocket and removes a cigarette. Lighting it he turns to the waitress to place his order.

"I'll start with the crab cakes, then I'd like the Reuben with french fries. And I'm going to need a bottle of your sauvignon blanc. Thank you." 

Toberius hands his menu to the waitress and takes a drag from his cigarette. Exhaling Toberius blows a small smoke ring, and grins at his own mastery. Toberius spent some time looking around at the various pictures and random faces around him. Toberius felt his stomach growl again and groaned. Hopefully the food would hurry and get here before he keeled over. 

"Damn I'm hungry" Toberius said to himself. The waitress reappeared with a bottles of wine and a glass for Toberius. She quickly poured a glass and placed the bottle on ice next to the table. Toberius took another drag from his cigarette and quickly exhaled before taking up his glass and taking a sip of his wine. 

"Perfect." Toberius took another sip from his glass and placed it back on the table. 

Report Post Tip

Vitality walked in the family business that she had inherited. After a failed attempt to get help from her family, she thought it best that she head to her home turf where there were many more familiar people. She had once again slipped out the back door of an establishment (the Espresso Bar this time), went back to the Hotel and grabbed Sneaker. She was playing with her new pups when Vitality returned.

Come on Sneaker, it's time to get back to Detroit, she said to her. If you behave on the flight, I will take you to Thor's Toy Store when we get home.

Sneaker looked around. She hadn't even gotten a chance to unpack and seh was on her way back to Detroit! She liked Detroit but this was ridiculous!

I don't wanna go! Sneaker said clearly aggravated! I wanna stay here with the puppies!

We will take them with us Sneaker. Where we go, the puppies go. Most of the time, anyways. Vitality realized she needed to calm Sneaker down or the flight would be unbearable. Have you named your puppies yet? she asked.

I named the furry one Snuggles! She's so soft! That little thing I named Sniffles. She is always sniffing at stuff. She gets into everything! Sneaker explained. Oh great, Vitality thought. Snuggles, Sniffles and Sneaker. This was looking like a disaster waiting to happen!

Great names Sneaker. Good job! We need to get them to Detroit and find someone to help you take care of them. Vitality explained. I owe you a boat ride too remember?

OH YEAH! C'mon! Lets go! she said abandoning her plans to stay in Philly. Relieved, Vitality packed everything up. She called the bellhop and arranged a car to take them to the airport. She checked out of the Hotel and went to catch a plane back to Detroit. When the airlines didn't want to let Sneaker take the dogs onto the aircraft, Sneaker through a fit!

They ain't gonna DO nothing! I want them with me! she complained. Vitality sighed. This was going to be a long flight.

Sneaker, we can put the beagle in a cat carrier and take it on board but Snuggles will have to go below. Someone will be watching her. It will be fine. Vitality said.

I want to watch her! I want below too!Sneaker declared. After quite a long discussion about why this wasn't possible, Vitality got Sneaker and Sniffles on the plane. It was a long flight! It began with Sneaker rescuing Sniffles from the crate. The stewardess was not happy. Sneaker was insistant on holding her puppy. She said it was scared. She said she didn't fit in the crate. She threw every excuse in the book at Vitality and the stewardess. The stewardess shook her head and instructed vitality to take care of it. After a long, unnecessary argument, Sneaker finally put Sniffles back in the crate.

No sooner was this issue resolved, Sneaker began throwing the peanuts the stewardess passed out at the other passengers. Sneaker pouted when Vitality took the peanuts. Vitality got a coloring book and crayons out for Sneaker. Even though there were a few more incidents, everyone made it off the plane uninjured. When the airlines brought us Snuggles, she whined as if she had been abused.

See what they did to her! Sneaker exclaimed. vitality knew there was no point in arguing.

I know Sneaker. She is fine now. Lets get to the Yacht club. We can get you something to eat and I can take you on that boat ride, Vitality responded looking to distract Sneaker.

With luggage and dogs in tow, Vitality, Sneaker & Company headed to the Yacht Club. The fact that it was on an island would help with the security measures Vitality intended to put in place. There was a Carriage House on the property. Vitality had it renovated while she was away and it was ready for her. It was time to settle in and take care of her follower.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Mooringline Restaurant and Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL