Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 22:28:59
Page:  1 
The Plan Started by: Zoey on Nov 18, '08 01:27
Walking into the kitchen of her new home Zoey inspected the wallpaper. The bright morning sunlight shining in through the windows made the wallpaper look brighter than it looked in the late afternoon. It was too bright, Zoey thought and made a mental note to call a decorator to change it before the weekend. She wanted the house to be perfect for the party and takeover that would happen Saturday night.

Since Marietta and The Riot set up in Detriot they let the small Irish family, The O'Reillys continue their prostitution and gambling rackets outside the city limits. Zoey expected someday they would take over O'Reilly's turf. She was happy when The Don finally told her to make plans to do so. Because there was no conflict between the two families Zoey planned a meeting with them during a party at her house to discuss the takeover.

There were so many things to do to prepare for the party and the meeting. Zoey had a long list next to the phone on the kitchen counter. As she drank a cup of coffee she called a caterer to tell him what kind of food she wanted for the party and exactly how she expected it to be prepared. Her next call was about business. It was to a young Japanese man she worked with, OdaEtsuya.

Pick up Eva and come to my house. I have a job for you to do.

Over the next hour Zoey paced around the kitchen carrying the phone with her as she made more calls. The long phone cord eventually became tangled up around her feet. This is how TheDean saw her when he walked in the back door carrying two brown paper bags. One was from the Muffin Shop and the other was from a gun and ammo store. Zoey waved at him and hung up the phone.

Are those for me? It's not my birthday. What's the occasion?

TheDean put the bags on the counter and shrugged as he answered, "This is my breakfast." He gestured to the bag from the Muffin Shop then slid the other bag across the counter towards Zoey. "And these are for you. I don't want you to run out of bullets. You were cranky last time that happened."

I was not! Zoey insisted and peaked in the bag with a big smile. Thank you. I always tell Marietta you're the best at planning ahead. She closed the bag and put it in the cookie jar at the end of counter. Everything is ready for the party. One of O'Reilly's men called to thank me for the invitation and said they'll be here. We have to figure out the best strategy to deal with them. I'd like it to be a peaceful takeover, but that's an oxymoron in our line of work.

"What do you think we should do?" TheDean asked and took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. He put one in his mouth and offered one to Zoey. She took it and thought about his question for a moment before answering.

I don't think the O'Reillys will give up their turf easily. We'll offer them a reasonable amount of money and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. We don't know how many people are in their crew. It could be ten, fifteen or more. I'm going to tell OdaEtsuya and EvaSantarini to get more information about them. Oda is good at the sort of thing. He worked for Yakuza when he was a kid. He can get in anywhere and find out anything about anyone.

Zoey paused to put her cigarette in the ashtray then continued.

I already found out O'Reilly is sending two of his men to Milwaukee this weekend. They're probably going to rob one of the breweries. I'm going to tell Meyer_Lansky and gameownage to go to Milwaukee too. If things go bad here on Saturday night we'll call them and tell them to take out O'Reilly's men there.

Looking across the counter at her associate Zoey wanted to hear his opinion.

That's all I have planned so far. What do you think?
Report Post Tip
Dean pauses for a moment.

Whats so special about this take over compared to the rest of the small crews that have moved in here and were subsequently removed? The O'Reilly's have some guns, but we have been in tighter situations. He passes over the ash tray and kills Zoeys cigarette. Even though he was a smoker, the smoke always seemed to bother him.

I don't know, something about this doesn't feel right. She stared out the window.

These guys are different. They've been around far longer than we have. Their history is embedded between each brick that this city is founded on. It was as if she began reminiscing about a time she had been familiar with.

Snap out of it, we have work to do. Dean was not the type to be unsettled very easily. He walked over to the kitchen counter, knelt and opened the last drawer. He removed one of his weapons.

Never took you for a kitchen man Deanie. Zoey began to laugh

Guess you have learned something new about me today. He laughed with her. Dean was from the big apple originally. He moved out to Detroit a few years back where he became acquainted with Zoey. After some time of dedication and loyalty to the family, he was Made.

So how come you never told me these ghost stories before? I mean, its not like we were running through traffic and dodging bullets at every corner. He removes a frying pan and places it on the counter.

Zoey looks at him, then at the frying pan, then back at him. Oh I don't know, it never came up I suppose. What do you plan on doing with that? She raises her brow.

I'm hungry. This Muffin ain't gonna hit the spot. Blunt, precise and to the point. That's what she liked about him.

Alright. As far as I'm concerned, you handle the negotiations. If things take a turn for the worse. We end it here. Lets just hope those boys clean up in Milwaukee. He breaks and egg into the pan.

I did say if there is trouble. So zip it until its needed. She took the rest of his muffin. Think you can make me some of what you're gonna be having? She sits down and picks up the phone... Oh, scrambled please. Zoey gave him a playful smile as she began to get back to her phone calls.
Report Post Tip
Zoey's phone call had been rather abrupt and cryptic, telling him nothing but the immediately necessary, pick up Eva and come see her about a job. It hadn't phased him one bit though. Many times before in his life he'd gotten similar calls, at least this one had been at a reasonable hour. Eva surely appreciated that as well. They were not so well acquainted that she'd appreciate him showing up at her apartment in the middle of the night.

With Eva in the seat beside him he brings his car to a smooth stop in the driveway in front of Zoey's house. Wearing his usual black silk suit, his gun tucked into his belt and his knives hidden on his forearms, Suya hurries out of the car and around to open Eva's door for her, bowing to her as she gets out of the car and then shutting the door behind her.

Ready to see what Zoey has for us?

They make their way to the front door side by side, Suya once again opening the door for Eva and then following her inside.
Report Post Tip
Eva nods, pulling off her thin, leather gloves and stuffing them into her pocket.

You bet. The interior design business is a little slow these days. Certainly she's got something more...fun...in mind.

She winks at Suya, still enjoying the silly jumpiness in her stomach from Suya's surprise arrival at her apartment. They'd known each other only about a week, but they'd somehow managed to "run into" one another every day. Clearing her throat, Eva reminded herself- 'Hey, game face, girl...this isn't a social call.'
Report Post Tip
You're right, Dean. I shouldn't worry so much, but I didn't get this far by not worrying. I never overlook any detail about a job.

Zoey finished eating the eggs on the plate in front of her and stood up to take the empty plate to the sink. She turned around and looked at TheDean who was still sitting at the table.

Time for a drink.

They left the kitchen and went into a room Zoey used as an office in her home. As TheDean walked towards the liquor cabinet in the corner the doorbell rang. Zoey went to the window and saw OdaEtsuya's car in her driveway. She left the room and walked to the front door to greet her young associates.

Suya.. Eva.. good to see you both. Thanks for getting here so quickly. Come in.

Zoey lead them into her office where TheDean was pouring drinks. He shook OdaEtsuya's hand and kissed Eva's cheek to greet them as Zoey gestured to the empty chairs in the room.

Have a seat. We have a lot to talk about.

As they took their drinks and sat down Zoey sat at her desk. She opened the top drawer and took out a newspaper that was a few week's old. She held it up and pointed to a photo of an old man on the front page.

This is Daniel O'Reilly, the boss of the O'Reilly family. He was in the news because he donated a lot of money to his church, but don't let this kindness or his age fool you. He's not nice and his mind is as sharp as a tack.

"What kind of rackets does he run?" TheDean asked and leaned forward in his chair to get a closer look at the grainy black and white photo on the newspaper.

The usual stuff, drugs, gambling and prostitutes. The old man owns a few bars south of Henry Avenue. It's a really bad neighborhood. O'Reilly and his men suck the life out of people who live there. They let people run up high gambling debts they can't afford to pay. Whatever little money they make at work goes straight to the O'Reillys and the women are forced into prostitution to pay them.

EvaSantarini shook her head in disgust. Zoey nodded to agree with her.

Yeah, it's ugly business.

Looking from EvaSantarini to OdaEtsuya Zoey told them about the plan.

We're going to takeover O'Reilly's turf on Saturday night. We'll attempt to buy him out. If they won't accept we'll force them out. Suya, I want you and Eva to spend the next few days in their neighborhood. Find out any information you can about the them. Call me every night with updates, ok?
Report Post Tip
Suya locks the old man's image into his mind. Daniel O'Reilly. He started to form the skeleton of a family structure in his mind with the old man at the top. A peaceful takeover wasn't exactly the excitement he had been hoping for when Zoey called him, but he is used to this sort of mission and is already forming lists of the information he and Eva should work on acquiring. If things don't go as peacefully as Zoey hopes, having they information to strike at the O'Reilly's with surgical precision and so reduce their own casualties would obviously be in everyone's best interest.

Of course, nightly reports should not be a problem. Anything specific we should be on the look out for? Besides the usual; important people, finances, safehouses. And what about restrictions? Obviously we are at peace with the O'Reilly's for the moment, but we do not have the time for them to put much trust in us and get information that way. So should we place priority on subtlety or finding out what we can?

Suya knows that there are always ways to get the information needed, it is only tactics that change depending on the time available and the circumstances of the situation.
Report Post Tip
Zoey took a sip of her drink then put the glass on her desk.

Just the usual, like who the best people are. I already know two of O'Reilly's men are going out of town this weekend. Two of our guys will be following them. Do anything you have to do to get the job done. I don't want any surprises on Saturday. If you have any problems down there and you have to take someone out do it quietly. If you need any help I'll send Dean.

Pointing over at TheDean Zoey smiled.

He's always ready for action.
Report Post Tip
Dean straightens up from his slouch and focuses at OdaEtsuys.

Lets keep things as subtle as possible. We don't need any casualties to strike up anyone's curiosity. Looked at Zoey as if he thought she would believe that he wanted things to run as quiet as she hoped it would.

"Yes, definitely. I must reiterate the importance of subtlety for the next few days. I am sure you two will have no trouble going undetected. As for myself, I will prepare with the finer details. Contacting the O'Reilly's and preparing for the negotiations. She folded the newspaper and placed it back into her drawer.

Understood. Responded OdaEtsuya, followed by EvaSantarini in suit.

Well Oda, guess we should get to work. said Eva, as she got up form her chair and straightened up. She was well kept at all times.

OdaEtsuya took a bow at both Zoey and TheDean, as he and Eva headed for the door. Zoey walked them out as she watched them mount in OdaEtsuyas car and drive off. She locked up and headed back to her office where Dean had remained sunk in Zoeys master leather chair.

I suppose its all into play now. Any idea when I should send Meyer_Lansky and gameownage on their business trip? Rather have them there, settled in and on standby. I know a guy in Milwaukee who can pick them up and get them equipped, perhaps keep the heat low for a certain time frame. A window of opportunity in case the latter occurs. He began rocking back on the large chair.

Agreed, how much do you trust your contact. I can't afford any leaks. She waited for his response.

You're asking me a direct question? You've never asked me one before. There wont be any leaks. Dean assured her. He got up and began preparing another drink for her.

Ease up, it will be fine.

You're right, sorry. Get your contact ready to pick up those boys. That's as much as he needs to know. She was a perfectionist. Loose ends irritated her to a point where she would become the very thing she had been labeled to be after surviving so many feuds and wars.

Dean hands her a drink and sips on his own. I'll get to it.
Report Post Tip
Is everything sorted with your friend for our guys to to go Milwaukee?

Zoey stood up behind her desk and questioned TheDean as he hung up the phone. She trusted him, but couldn't break her habit of double checking every part of a plan.

"Yes, Zoey." He answered and smirked at her. "You're going to die from a heart attack before a bullet kills you."

Shut up! Zoey laughed as the phone rang. That would be a terrible way to go. I'd rather go out with a bang. She picked up the phone on her desk. A few seconds later as she hung it up the tone of her voice was serious as she spoke to TheDean.

That was Marietta. She wants to talk to us at her house right away. She sounded mad. We better hurry up and get over there.
Report Post Tip
They leave their drinks, grabbed their coats and made way for the door. Dean opened the door for her as she walked through thanking him. He was such a gentleman. The type of man who would stand when a woman left the table, kissing ladies and shaking babies. Or was it the other way around?

They got in her Car, Zoey was in no mood for driving.

You look worried. He said to her, provoking her was a specialty for him. She just stared back at him. You know Marietta, It's probably nothing.
Zoey laughed. Stress got the better of her at times.

What did you do last night? Seems no one knew where you disappeared off to. She waited for him to answer, not expecting him to tell her. He had his moments.

Stepped out for a bit.

"A bit?" That's rather vague isn't it? Make a turn here. She leaned forward to look over Dean.

Are we making a stop? I don't want to keep Marietta waiting. He almost knew what she was going to say after he had asked.

"You look worried. You know Marietta, It's probably nothing." She was on point tonight, that was for sure.

Just make it quick. Zoey stepped out of the car.

Keep it running Deany Boy.

She ran off in the rain. It started to come down really hard he thought. The rain pattered against all sides of the car. He was bored.
Report Post Tip
Running back to the car Zoey quickly got in and slammed the door closed. She held up the bag in her hand and told TheDean what it was.

A bottle of wine for the Don. Never go to her house empty handed.

TheDean smiled and nodded. "Good idea."

They drove the few miles to Marietta's house in silence. When they arrived TheDean stopped the car at the gate where a bodyguard glanced at them, waved and opened the gate to let them drive onto the estate. TheDean stopped the car in front of the house and looked over at Zoey. She handed him the bag with the bottle of wine in it.

Give this to her. If she's mad it must be about something you did, not me.

They got out of the car and walked towards the front door. Zoey glanced over at TheDean. He nervously straightened his neck tie and took a comb out of his back pocket to run through his hair. Zoey smiled at him.

You look fine. Stop fidgeting.

Inside the house they were lead to Marietta's office by a bodyguard. Zoey walked into the room and TheDean followed her. Marietta was sitting behind her desk. Standing next to her was her head of security, Pedro. Zoey smiled at both of them. Hello. She turned to gesture to TheDean as she continued talking. We got here as fast as we could. What's the problem? Did something come up with The O'Reillys?
Report Post Tip
Rain poured down outside her window, and not the kind that was fun to dance around in. The kind that was used to wash away all of the Earth and start the world anew. The kind that made a woman force her bodyguard to carry her over puddles so she didn't step in them on the way to the car. Which is exactly what Marietta had done just half an hour before, when she finally had arrived home from her last minute 'business trip'.

With a wrinkled nose the blond woman spun around in her chair, looking up towards her most faithful bodyguard Pedro. He had been with her for the entirety of her mob career, back when she was a low-rung gangster afraid of Philly and he was a man without a plan and in desperate need of a job. The two had formed a bond back then and, when at last Marietta had been granted her own family, the man moved into place as her numero uno on the home security front. I don't much care for rain, she said in a low voice, tilting her head to the side and examining her office. Not much had changed in the weeks she had been gone, and yet everything felt different all at once. SHE had changed. After learning what she had... after all the waiting and...

The squeal of her office door broke her reverie. Looking up she watched as Zoey and Dean walked in, side by side, the former with a grim, worried expression written upon her face. Welcome! Come on in, Marietta said, standing briefly and nodding at her two associates. Have a seat, you two.

At Zoey's question about the O'Reilly Clann Marietta could not help but give an involuntary flinch. Trying to cover up her movement the best she could, she sat back down into her plush desk chair and swiveled it to face the two. No one moved nor made a sound for a minute before the green-eyed woman finally gestured towards the paper bag in the younger man's hand. What's that?

Giving her first grin of the evening since stepping foot into Marietta's home, Zoey leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms over her chest, looking pointedly at Dean. With a small gulp he pulled the wine bottle out of the bag and passed it over across the desk. Taking it briefly she looked at the label before glancing back towards Zoey. 'Never go to a Don's house empty handed'? Bitch, you learned that from me.

The two women shared a brief laugh before the Don passed the bottle over towards Pedro. Four glasses, if you wouldn't mind? Without a moment of hesitation the man smiled and walked off towards a small bar towards the back of the room. He wandered back over with four glasses and a bottle opener, placing the glassware down before picking up the wine and uncorking it. Taking it from him, Marietta poured a small amount into each glass before picking one up. She studied the pair before her, sipping a small taste of the red liquid, before nodding slowly to herself.

"So m'am, the O'Reilly business?" Dean asked her after a few moments of hesitation.

Bah! she said, waving her free hand. Business is business. We'll get to that in a moment. But first, I have a more important matter to touch upon.

Darting her eyes towards Zoey she locked her line of vision upon the woman's own. Dean watched as the two had a silent conversation, comprised of small head bobs, widening of eyes and raising of eyebrows. After witnessing this act for more than two minutes Dean cleared his throat softly, breaking Marietta out of her concentration. Ah! Right. So, you feel he comes highly recommended? she asked of Zoey.

"He has my utmost faith. Without a doubt he is definitely the man," came the quick, brisk response from Zoey.

Well, then I suppose a toast is in order. Marietta picked up her glass, as Pedro and Zoey reached for their own. All three rose them slightly into the air, their eyes watching upon Dean as he sat there clueless to these actions.

"I'm sorry, m'am. A toast for...?" he asked."

For your new promotion and position within the crew, came Marietta's dead-serious reply. Unless... you feel you cannot perform...?
Report Post Tip
Dean hesitated for a moment. He was stunned by the sudden news given by these two. His palms were sweaty and kept on darting from from Zoey back to Marietta. He pressed his hands against his trousers to offer some form assistance to buffer against the sweat.

I am always up for new positions, he said, then realized that what he had just said did not come out the way he had hoped. I mean, he was then cut off by Zoey.

We know exactly what you mean. They had a good laugh about it. Even Pedro thought is was rather amusing.

Marietta then picked up a file that was on her desk. She opened it and gave it a quick glance before passing it to Zoey.

Here is a list of a few things I will need from you, its more of a guideline really. Not that you need it, your instincts on these streets have shown that. It wont hurt to get familiar with a few things even though I know cleaning up is more your style. He was reliable, cleaned up messes made and left by others. Marietta and Zoey's acknowledgment meant a lot to him, even though those two did not quite understand it.

Zoey held the file out towards Dean. His hands were full, holding two drinks. He was not a fanatic of wine but couldn't waste it. Thought it would be best chasing it with a Scotch that Pedro had cooked up for him.

One sec, he said as he threw down the wine in a single gulp. Zoey was impatient, she had been doing so well up until now. The day went well but it was as if the little monster inside had come out to play. She handed the file back to Marietta, took a walk to the window and began staring out in the rain.

Don't worry, I'll read it to you, she said. She was smiling a lot more now. Wine seemed to have that effect on her.

Thanks, patience is a virtue, right Zoey? She ignored him.

So what exactly would I be required to do now within the crew? Where would I fall under? Spill the beans. There was a moment of silence before Marietta began to speak. This patch of quiet time had just turned up the nervous meter a few notches.
Report Post Tip
Picking up her wineglass and taking another sip Marietta flashed yet another smile towards the young man. Relax a little! You look too tense. Trust me, we're not going to send you off on an impossible mission.

The words only seemed to slightly soothe the situation. With a soft sigh to herself Marietta placed the file down on her desk. I'll cover that in just a moment. This is probably a bit more pressing. Reaching to the side she slid open one of her desk drawers, pulling out a small jewelry box. Nodding her head towards Dean, she passed it across the wooden surface towards him, closing the drawer as she did so. Open it.

He did as he was instructed, focusing his eyes upon the silver watch inside. "What's this for?" he asked, looking up at the Don with wide eyes. Your promotion. The one I just told you about. It's a mark of a Riot Consigliere. Wear it with pride, Deany. And congratulations.

Pedro stepped forward to clap the man on his shoulder and Zoey slowly broke into the semblence of a smile before quickly drawing her face straight once more. "Marietta, the information you had for us?" she said, her tone brisk. Clicking her tongue Mari pulled the file off of her desk once more and opened it, flipping through the pages. Zoey Zoey... always the professional. Right. Moving on.

"Is it about the O'Reillys?" Zoey asked, settling into her chair and tilting her head.

Actually... Marietta hesitated, passing the file across the desk towards the young mobsters and tapping her finger on a photo twice. It is. There's a bit of a problem.

"Who's this?" the Dean asked, fiddling with his new wrist watch and edging the photograph closer.

You know Daniel O'Reilly? Meet his brother, John. While I was, er... out of town on business, I did a bit of reading up on a few things. As you know, we dealt with... that situation awhile back that had to do with the O'Reillys. Marietta exchanged a look with Zoey before sitting back in her chair, her eyes fixed upon the photo of John O'Reilly. This is the man that people call Danny boy's younger, more ambitious brother. And it actually shows, too. He runs a bigger crew and bigger businesses outside of New York, but rumor has it he'd take down crews like the Underdogs and the Academy if he had the chance.

"Yeah, but what's he got to do with our takeover?" Zoey said, a look of concern crossing her face.

Well, Marietta said with a frustrated sigh, placing one of her hands to her forehead, turns out John and a few of his best men just so happen to be planning a visit to see his brother. This weekend.

The three exchanged glances, sitting in silence for a moment. None of them seemed to be the one that wanted to speak next. Finally Pedro swooped in with the wine bottle, refilling Marietta's glass. "So you think this will create a problem for us?" Pedro asked, looking at the blond woman. She merely shrugged, picking up the glass and taking a large sip, fixing her stare upon her two associates before her. That's for these two to decide.
Report Post Tip
John O'Reilly. God damn it!

Zoey shook her head and paced around the room thinking about the situation. Taking out the O'Reillys would be riskier with their New York relatives involved. John O'Reilly was not a stranger to Zoey. She was framed for the brutal murder of one of his Made Men. A few weeks after the real killer was found Zoey met John O'Reilly in New York. He was bitter one of his top men was killed in an attempt to take down The Riot and indirectly blamed them.

"We can handle the guys from New York too." TheDean's words snapped Zoey out of her deep thoughts. He confidently added, "We can take on every damn O'Reilly in the world."

Although what TheDean said sounded slightly like the words of a young gangster anxious to take out everyone Zoey thought he was right. The Riot could handle anything or they would die trying. Feeling more confident Zoey walked over to TheDean.

Of course we can. Zoey smiled and winked at TheDean as she pointed at the new watch on his wrist. Congratulations. Your promotion is well deserved. It's an honor to work with you.

Glancing at the photo of John O'Reilly Zoey wondered when he was arriving in Detroit and how many men he was bringing with him. She would have to send a few of her members to New York to take out his crew on Saturday. With his younger brother by his side Zoey was certain Daniel O'Reilly wouldn't accept The Riot's offer to buy his turf. She refilled her wine glass and sat down to tell her boss and associates her opinion.

We have to prepare for a war.
Report Post Tip
"Well?" Pedro asked after a two-minute long silence, in which Marietta turned her line of vision back and forth between Zoey and The Dean, calculating... coming up with lists and plans within her head. At last the older woman broke into a smile, chuckling and gazing upon Zoey with sparkling eyes.

You are so much like your mother sometimes it makes me laugh.

Zoey merely nodded and gave a faint sign of a grin in response. Emitting a loud laugh Marietta slapped her desk and sat up straight. Well then, Pedro, we have our answer. If she says war, then it looks like it's going to be a war.

Immediately a chill went up the woman's spine. This was it; this was serious. Matters of war were never ones to laugh over, and if experience had taught her anything it was that there was no such thing as being 'too' prepared. With a nod towards Dean and Zoey the blond reached into her desk side drawer for the third time that night, extracting another file and tossing it across the desk before snapping closed the drawer.

Thankfully, being alone in a motel room for weeks, I had nothing better to do with my time than figure out more about the O'Reilly brothers. In there should detail, at least hopefully, most of their closest associates, as well as running grounds, specialties of each, weapons of choice...

Dean let out a low whistle and widened his eyes in admiration at his Boss. "That's quite extensive. Well done."

Modestly the woman shrugged, emitting one of her huge, well-known grins. Pedro did quite a lot of the leg work for me. So really it's him that should be thanked.

Zoey clicked her tongue as she leafed through the file, nodding her head and frowning at all the appropriate bits and pieces of information. Sensing the need for more alcohol Pedro grabbed another large bottle of the Don's own chianti and poured a small bit into four fresh glasses for the group. Placing them on the desk he whisked away the old wine glasses and bent low to whisper in Marietta's ear. The woman merely nodded, placing her hands to her mouth in a gesture of contemplation. She didn't move her eyes from Zoey or Dean for minutes.

"It's like we're almost prepared for everything," Zoey said at last, passing the file to Dean who immediately opened it and started pulling out photographs with a grin that definitely stated 'oh yay, war!'.

Almost everything, was Marietta's answer. The only thing we don't know is who exactly is going to be at our... uh, 'party' this weekend. I'd like to see if we can get a few guys to gather the intel on the New York group that's going to be in town, if possible.

"Consider it done," Zoey said with a business like tone, nodding and sitting up straight in her seat.

We're also going to need to prepare our guys. I want our best at this shindig. And only our best. We can't afford any fuck-ups.

Dean nodded and waved his hand to signal that he'd help with those part of the preparations. Marietta could not help but smile inwardly to herself. The family was in great hands, as long as these two were alive and well.

And, she continued, I still want to try the peaceful take-over. We have the advantage here. They'll be expecting us to not know Johnny's in town. Only thing is we will know, and we'll be expecting dear old Danny to decline our offer. Once we have most of their higher ups in our sights and they refuse...

Marietta made a trigger motion with one of her hands, giving a small laugh. She picked up her glass of wine and gazed fondly at the two young, idealistic mobsters in front of her. Nodding towards them she raised her glass higher into the air. A toast is in order, I believe.

The two automatically picked up their glasses and Pedro hurried over to pick up his as well. Once everyone had been laden with their drinks Marietta took a deep breath, pausing for a moment to mull over the perfect words in her mind. To us. To a successful and complete Detroit take-over. Mainly, a toast to you two, for without you none of this would be possible. The careful planning and the pain-staking details you both have covered...

Stopping for a moment she shook her head and gave a wry smile. I'm getting sentimental over here. I better stop prattling on. Either way, thank you both. By gaining us this turf we'll be able to insure that the Riot has success in this city for many, many generations to come. Cheers.

The ringing of glasses being clinked together echoed throughout the office and the rest of the house, filtering out onto the streets of Detroit through an open pink-curtained window. While the rest of the city spent their time shielding away from the winter cold, the three high-ranked and well-known mobsters inside the brick building took comfort and warmth in knowing that the biggest deal of the century was about to go down. A deal that would change all of their lives forever.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Plan
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL