Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 02:05:11
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Cash and Drug Anachronisms Started by: Silky_Slim on Nov 20, '08 06:32
I've looked back over the suggestion posts and I didn't see these next two. If I'm beating a dead horse I apologize.

A brief exposition:

This game is set in the Prohibition Era. The 18th Amendment went into effect on January 16, 1920. Prohibition was ended on August 5, 1933, when the 21st Amendment became law. The 12-year, 8-month period in between is where we find ourselves. That being said, I'd like to proffer these next two ideas:

1. That money, and therefore the economy itself, reflect the value of the US dollar in 1926 - the middle of the Prohibition Era. According to http://dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm, $1.00 in 1926 had about the same buying power as $11.79 in 2008. Restructuring this would be as simple as rounding up slightly and dividing everything by 12. Inflation has us so far removed it's easy to forget that one million dollars was worth 12 times as much back then.

2. Alcohol, not cocaine, should be the most highly-valued commodity bought and sold on the black market. Ignoring that cocaine itself was not a controlled substance until 1970, the Prohibition Era, ipso facto, implies alcohol's status and value.

I can go into greater detail if needed on the ordering and values of the other drugs, but for now I want to keep it simple.

Humbly submitted,

- Silky
Report Post Tip
This is being worked on in the 'new' game, as far as I hear, money will be a lot more realistic and pertinent to the time frame.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Cash and Drug Anachronisms
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL