Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:09:52
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Training one's wack skill Started by: Touchstone on Nov 20, '08 17:31
I was thinking that it might be better if one's wack skill could only be trained through the shooting range and not through wacking. For this to work, the shooting range must be available for all and not just for those below a certain skill level.

[b]Advantages[/b]

1. May reduce the amount of 'unnecessary killings', i.e. Unsponsered Gangsters.

2. Allows for a greater use of money, preventing build-ups of large amounts.

3. Similar to the second point, less money will be available for bodyguards, preventing build-ups of large amounts.

[b]Disadvantages[/b]

1. May allow for the very rich to become very skilled (can be countered by the price rising along with current skill level as well as rank).

2. May allow for a very large number of skilled hitters.

[b]Ambiguous[/b]

1. It will be more difficult to identify those training guns.

If anyone has any counter-points, amendments, or the like, then I would be happy to hear them.
Report Post Tip
I love the idea.

I like the idea of building your skill over time in a way that guarantees that you will be able to reasonably achieve your goal without having to "work" to get there. Now I have no problem with people "working" when it comes to the game but I think for most people this is a game. They are playing to have fun and be entertained. They are for the most part not playing to have this as another job.

I think when it comes to wack MOST people at least want to be able to reasonably defend themselves. Having a near 0% chance to kill someone is okay if you're on a newer account and a gangster or goomba. But by the time you're a made man you want/need to be confident in your gun. In this game, a great offense can also be a great defense.

BUT there is one problem in particular. Of course you will have those that are willing to put in the work that would be a bit upset if this were ever implemented. I think if it were to be implemented it should only be an alternative to the work you can put in, but also a reasonable alternative. For instance, working should allow you to progress your gun between 2-5 times the amount training would. This caters to the hardcore members of the game while still allowing the more casual users to be a bit more competitive. Again, hardcore players would hate this simply because they are hardcore and don't like not having the huge advantage that they do. BUT in terms of gameplay, I think this would make the game more fun for casual players enough that perhaps the site could grow as a result. Population growth is great for everyone, especially the hardcore players.

Of course the math involved would need some testing and such in order for it to be implemented, but this idea has my vote.
Report Post Tip
I disagree with this suggestion.

The wack! skill is by far the most dangerous skill in the game. A good hitman (or group of hitmen) can cause incredible carnage. I feel that because of the inherent danger (and potential for reward) in a good gun, there should absolutely be work involved in building this skill.

I think that the ranges are a useful and necessary part of this game. They give everyone the ability to get their skill level up to IA killing level; but the limit on them is equally necessary.

Put in some work, show some dedication and you can build that gun.
Report Post Tip
Although I agree that wacking is a dangerous skill requiring work, I do think there is a large gap between those that shoot incredibly well and those who cannot shoot at all. I think this idea could be geared toward lifting those that cannot shoot at all to a level that's at least useful. No one likes getting involved in a war only to miss every target they go after. It is not realistic nor is it fun.

Those that work for their guns get the guns they deserve, there is no question about it. Let's say you have two people working on their guns ("ranger" and "killer"), one using the shooting range (ranger), the other shooting IA's and other players (killer). They are both the typical average player, playing a few hours a day and earning experience at the same rate. If wacking is on a scale of 1-100, and they both eventually get to made man, "Ranger" should have a wack rating of 20-30 while "Killer" would have a wack rating of 40-60. The "killer" types would still have a significant advantage while the "ranger" types would still at least be able to participate in a war.

Numbers would have to be looked at to see if statistically it should be implemented. If 90% of players can't wack a goomba or higher then that is a problem. This could be a reasonable solution. If it's only 30% or 20% that can't hit a goomba or higher then it's not really an issue and would imply that there are enough features that allow users to reasonably train their gun.
Report Post Tip
Where do you guys think that you have the right to be on a level with someone who works for his skill? You people want everything to come easy.

It's becoming rather annoying that some of you want the benefits of a well deserved gun before you can even piss straight.
Report Post Tip
I'm not sure if your post was directed at me or not, TheDean, but assuming it was; I wasn't. It is not necessarily easy. Money will be required, and money takes time and effort to attain. Especially as the price will rise along with one's current skill level. Think of it as similar to the situation with bodyguards. Albeit with the addition of having the price increase in accord with skill and not just rank. It could also be argued that along with the addition could be the amendment of the way(s) in which one increases one's defence. Perhaps the only way to better one's defence is with bodyguards, and not with any survivals/escapes from other forms of attack (assuming they currently increase one's defence).

It would still take time and effort (plus money) to train one's gun. But with the benefit (?) of not having to kill people with undue reason (aside from the reason that it trains one's gun). I'm sure in real life people do not train their guns on unaffiliated gangsters. In fact, because it would require an increasing some of money to train one's gun, it could be seen as making it more difficult to become a good hitter. The issue is not with the ease of becoming a good hitter but with the situation that people are killed, not because they are a threat, or because they deserve to die, but because people want and need to improve their ability to kill when necessary.

I see it as adding realism and as an aid to new players.
Report Post Tip
I don't like this suggestion. If you want to be good at something you should work for it. I don't like the shooting range because it's too convenient and gives people the illusion of being a hitman. Going to the range a few times doesn't make you a hitter. It means you're too lazy to race for inactives like real hitters do. It's an insult to those of us with the patience and dedication to train our wack skill to even suggest other players should be as good as us by only going to the shooting range.
Report Post Tip
I appreciate your opinion, Zoey, but I do find a number of faults with it. The first being that it allows for people to be good hitmen without working for it: because it costs money to train at the shooting range, one must spend time and effort dealing drugs and stealing from those who can be stolen from. And because I have included the condition of the price rising with one's current skill level, those who seek to become exceptionally good must work exceptionally hard. It's just that the effort involved does not include shooting at others but at earning money.

And the only reason "real hitters" race for inactives is because to become a "real hitter" one must race for inactives. I seek to change that which makes one a "real hitter".

Additionally, I would not consider it an insult to "real hitters" because it would take comparable patience and dedication to train one's gun to a 'hitman' level at the shooting range. It's just that this patience and dedication would be aimed at earning money instead of finding and successfully killing inactives or 'non-innocent unsponsoreds'.
Report Post Tip
Anyone can make money. It doesn't take much effort to do that. Just to clarify what I meant by a hitter, it's not racing for a dozen inactives a day like your hair's on fire. As I said, it's a skill that requires work, patience and dedication. It shouldn't be a skill easily obtained by spending money.
Report Post Tip
Reasons why this is a bad idea:

1. May reduce the amount of 'unnecessary killings', i.e. Unsponsered Gangsters.

Rules are rules, if we can find a home in 48 hours, then others should be able to as well. Inactives fall under this category. There is no use for them here, clean them out.

2. Allows for a greater use of money, preventing build-ups of large amounts.

There is already large amounts of money in the game, if you don't like the fact that you are sitting fat with cash, give it to your boss. I'm sure he/she will find some use for it.

3. Similar to the second point, less money will be available for bodyguards, preventing build-ups of large amounts.

This is not similar to the second point. This is the second point. You just colored it in with a different color.

Continuation of disadvantages:

1. May allow for the very rich to become very skilled (can be countered by the price rising along with current skill level as well as rank).

2. May allow for a very large number of skilled hitters.

3. It will be more difficult to identify those training guns.

You hit the nail on the head here though. Congratulations.

As for your comments on:

"real hitters" race for inactives is because to become a "real hitter" one must race for inactives. I seek to change that which makes one a "real hitter".

Its your misunderstanding on this concept and the tactics behind them. I don't blame you. You haven't thought it through well enough to succeed. Its more than just finding one and saying to yourself "Hey! *click click click*"

Additionally, I would not consider it an insult to "real hitters" because it would take comparable patience and dedication to train one's gun to a 'hitman' level at the shooting range. It's just that this patience and dedication would be aimed at earning money instead of finding and successfully killing inactives or 'non-innocent unsponsoreds'.

You are right about one thing, I would need more patience than whats humanly possible to sit in the same city for hours whilst I train my gun and hope for drug prices to rise.
Report Post Tip
Yes, let's take a tradition that has requiired brains, organization, and strategy, and reduce it to a mere button-clicking exercise.

I hate you.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Hi, beside the part about hating you.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Training one's wack skill
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL