Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 02:15:30
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Dark Figures Started by: Mane on Nov 21, '08 00:10
Mane takes one last wistful glance at Bi-Polar_Bear's HQ, the one place he's only ever truly considered home, before turning on it and striding over to the waiting car. Keeping his head down to prevent him from looking back again, Mane spoke to the driver softly.

"Los Angeles airport. As quick as possible."

The driver accelerated away from the HQ, and Mane leaned back in his chair, thinking of all the things his old crewleader had done for him so far. Shaking his head in disgust at himself for dwelling on the past, Mane stared out of the car window as numerous 7/11s flew by and he began to think about what was about to happen. Thinking to himself, a small smile began to play around Mane's lips and he knew he'd regained his composure that he was renowned for. He was the editor of one of the biggest papers in America, starting up his own small family would be just another piece of the puzzle.

The driver stirred him out of his musings abruptly and told him that they'd arrived at the airport. Mane threw a $100 bill at the driver and opened the door, muttering his thanks before striding off into the airport.

***Several hours later***

Mane wandered out of Philadelphia airport, rubbing his eyes after his sleep on the plane. Hailing a taxi, Mane hopped in and gave the driver the address of his new HQ. Mane smiled as he saw the crowd of people standing outside his newly purchased headquarters, and slid out of the taxi around the corner and slipped into the building via the back door. Glancing in the mirror on the way through the main hall, Mane straightens himself out and re-fixes his hair in one fluid motion and pauses at the main doors before pushing them open and standing atop of the steps and flashing a dazzling smile at the crowd of people waiting for him.

Welcome all, to my very own HQ. Previously, I had just owned a printing press and a small office in LA to assist with the printing of The Sugar Factory. I helped out the totally anonymous Cupcake and his largely slacking friend, Candyfloss, with their newspaper production and now I've been given a chance to run something of my own in the fine city of Philadelphia next to JimmyTheLionheart.

This will be a relatively new experience for my bloodline but I intend on taking full advantage of the opportunity that has been granted to me. Therefore, I give to you my new family, The Dark Figures.

Mane watches as a large printer is carried into the HQ through a side door, and smiles wryly as he knows a third issue of the newspaper is almost due. Turning back to the crowd, he inclines his head slightly before finishing his improvised speech.

It is time for me to finish organising and setting up here, so I bid you all adieu for a short while. You'll hear from me and Cupcake shortly.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Mane. Fine city to set up in. Im sure you do well..cupcake..
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Mane-- Long time coming! I'm sure you and The Dark Figures will thrive in Philly! Shine on!
Report Post Tip
Walks up to Mane and shakes his hand

Congratulations on your new position I cant wait to go to Philly and see what you and JimmyTheLionHeart have planned.
Report Post Tip
congrats mane, good luck with your family.
Report Post Tip
Shakes Mane's hand with a wide grin

I know how long you have waited for a proper family of your own, and I'm sure you will do great things!

Good luck in everything that you accomplish!

Gives him a hug and walks away, disappearing into the night
Report Post Tip
Congratulations mane...Have a jolly knockin time working with Los Angeles...

Paradise pulls his ball cap down over his eyes and walks out...
Report Post Tip
Congratulations! I wish you and your family the best
Report Post Tip
Congratulations! I wish you and your family the best of luck annd good luck.
Report Post Tip
Candyfloss will mourn the loss of you in LA. Best of luck.
Report Post Tip
She stops as she hears the young BOY making a speech and smiles.

Congratulations Mane, this has been a long time coming. I hope you and yours do well and have the best of luck fall upon you. Hopefully my cookie stash will stop getting raided in the middle of the night now that you have moved.

Good luck dear!
Report Post Tip
Many congratulations Mane. It's good to see you get this opportunity to shine. I am sure you will do a sterling job.

Salut!
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Mane. This has been a long time coming. Can't wait to see what you do with the opportunity.
Report Post Tip
A man with a dark coats listens in on his speach and lights a cigar while thinking to himself,"Got damn about time."

Congratlaions Mane and Hope you do good!
Report Post Tip
Congrats Man

You truly deserve this honor
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Mane,

Philly is prosperous with Jimmythelionheart's business, and I have no doubt this city will flourish more when you are around

**shakes hands with Mane, looking at Mane's shining eyes, reading what is about to come to this good city **
Report Post Tip
congratulations

You said my name XD

lol.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Man
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Mane good luck with you HQ :)
Report Post Tip
Mane congrats my friend on this chance you have been giving. I'm sure you will do fantastic :D
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Dark Figures
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL