Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 13:51:27
Page:  1 
The state of our community Started by: Hayley on Nov 21, '08 22:28
A limo pulls up to the streets, and out steps Hayley. Yes, its a miracle, she is once again showing her face. She walks up to the podium, many thoughts in her head, trying to find a way to express them without offending to many people.

I just have been pondering a few things, and due to my own curiosity, wanted to see what people think. There was a time when leaders have come to the streets asking the public opinion. I think that is a wonderful idea, as we need to know what the community thinks and wants.

In the past weeks we have seen many changes to our community. A different plan of action, leaders working together for the most part, and things are starting to settle down. There were a few short lived wars, leaders who were greedy, didn't obey the rules, or just couldn't get along. But we are now in a state of peace, you could say, for the moment. Cities are starting to flourish, families growing, and the streets are fairly active. I am quite please with how things are going.

But what is next? When the major war happened, we were left with few leaders, and a plan was put into action. There were to be two leaders in each city, in hopes to create a better place for all, and have more opinions and interaction. It worked for a short while, until we kept losing leaders, which made it difficult to keep the plan in place. And I know it wasn't easy to keep things going with one person trying to do it all. Although I do praise this lovely lady for trying her best to help us in a time of crisis.

So my question is, where do we go from here? Lately we haven't heard anything about the plans, if they are to continue, or if things will remain as they are. The leaders had a crew limit placed upon them until the plan was in place, but is that to continue? Will there be further auths to fill the cities with two leaders? Or are we content with how things are, and let the leaders, well take care of themselves. Instead of putting the burden on one person, we should all give input, and make an effort to help. You can't complain if you don't bother to offer opinions or participate in changing things, right?

So since I am here I invite you all, leaders and mafioso, to discuss your thoughts. How do you feel about the community right now? What would you like to see happen, or what changes to you feel should be made?

Walking back to the limo, Hayley hangs around to hear what people have to say.
Report Post Tip
Zoey listened to Hayley's speech then walked into the middle of the crowd surrounding the leader.

I like to hear the opinions of different mobsters too, but with all due respect Miss Hayley, shouldn't the auth plan and questions about HQ sizes be discussed with the other leaders?
Report Post Tip
I would have to agree with Zoey on this. Some things are best discussed in private.

Sure our communities voices are important but when it comes to restrictions on families and the future for expansion and stuff that is best left for behind closed doors.
Report Post Tip
You do have a point Zoey, maybe some of those things should be discussed with leaders. I tend to share my opinions no matter what they are sometimes. But it has been some time, and we haven't heard much about what is going on. And maybe its just me, but it doesn't seem that things are discussed to often. It is not my intention at all point fingers, and maybe things have been discussed and I didn't realize it. Maybe I need to be more active in finding out whats going on. Really what I wanted was to see what people think about the current community, how things are going. I suppose I should have focused more on that aspect.
Report Post Tip
Well, this is a topic that has been discussed behind many a closed door.. Probably out of fear of the reaction by those more powerful than the majority of the leaders. Personally, I feel there is a strangle hold on the growth of our seven cities. Cities that have been established for a "long" time are not allowed to run themselves. They are not allowed to expand. They are not allowed to enjoy the same financial gain as other families and crews in our cities. They are limited both in number and strength. You cannot deny that two crews run this thing of ours, not thirteen.

I think it is long past due that the cities are allowed to be sovereign and not governed by those overseeing the world as we know it. Now, many will say that they are allowed to run themselves. but truly? Are they truly allowed to make the decisions regarding their cities without clearing it with those more powerful than them but that reside in other cities? Leaders that have survived wars and proven they are fit to run their city are not even afforded the ability to choose whom they work with without a fight or being favoured in the eyes of those in charge. The weight of the world weighs on two people's shoulders right now and it has to be getting overwhelming, this could have been relieved weeks ago had they relinquished control of the cities to those who reside in them rather than continuing their current course of action. It has created animosity that is not always made public, again, out of fear of the recursive actions that may or may not occur.

Families and crews are not allowed the ability to grow and become dominant in their cities. It's that simple. Some are just towing the line and pretending to be happy. Others have asked when growth will be allowed and when they will truly be the bosses of their own cities.

I think it's time to let the world's hand go and watch it blossom. You can only control things for so long before it blows up in your face. Trust those in bold to do what is best for their cities and this thing of ours. They may make some smart decisions, they may not, but allow them the chance to do either... Allow the cities' true personalities to spring forth and maybe the amount of activity in the more public of places will start to grow.

No, I am not trying to stir the pot, you asked for an opinion and you have mine. Like the saying goes, opinions are like assholes.. Everyone has one.

She smiles sweetly and spots Bi-Polar Bear passed out on a park bench.

I must run, the poor bear hasn't taken his meds today!
Report Post Tip
I think the state of the community is wonderful. I am prosperous at blackjack... And I can spend my days concocting conspiracies on how to keep JimmyTheLionHeart under my thumb for the rest of his days.
Report Post Tip
They are not allowed to expand. They are not allowed to enjoy the same financial gain as other families and crews in our cities. They are limited both in number and strength. You cannot deny that two crews run this thing of ours, not thirteen.

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but didn't Marietta say it was okay to move forward with expanding HQ sizes? I could've sworn I saw that somewhere.
Report Post Tip
I did search the transcripts of past discussions for an announcement and did ask around about the status of HQ growth and no one seemed to know that they were indeed allowed to grow. If I and others are misinformed then I do apologize and hope no offence was taken. I shall again look for such an announcement.

Please accept my apologies if I have overlooked such an announcement or reference to expansion being allowed at this time.

She bows her head in respect and goes back to the books in search of enlightenment.
Report Post Tip
Al-Qaatil overhears the side-discussion about the speech's propriety and decides to offer up his opinion on the matter of what is appropriate for the streets.

Of course important matters such as HQ sizes, auth, home cities, and so much else will always be discussed behind closed doors before any changes are actually made. I can't imagine why anyone would be called a leader if it weren't done that way, and I can't imagine anyone would be so disrespectful that they would not consult with the others before making major changes. But although this is no democracy by any means, I don't see the harm in asking the opinions of the street in general. There is something to be gained from listening, even if those above decide it is better not to shift with every change in public opinion like a handful of crooked politicians.
Report Post Tip
Oh great, another country heard from. Stop littering people with facts, Tatiana, I don't want to hear it. COMMUNIST, SHE'S A COMMUNIST EVERYBODY, DON'T WORRY IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.
Report Post Tip
Thomas, I think you belong over with Prozac and Zoloft with The Pharmacy. They have lots of nice medication you can take for your hallucinations.
Report Post Tip
And not to shoot down your thoughts, as I definitely take into consideration what people consider my faults, and try to work on them. But at one point, the whole plan, or the majority of it was discussed in the streets. And yes, I will apologize if I have offended anyone, or not said things to everyone's liking. I'm only human, everyone has their flaws, and mine would be freely sharing my thoughts I suppose.

I think that leaders, especially ones that haven't been around as long are afraid to come to the streets. They know that no matter their opinion, its probably going to be ripped on big time. We are told to share our opinions more, set an example, and yet we get criticized for doing so. It all comes with the package though right?

Ah, there goes me thinking again. A little off topic, a subject for another time. I may have a difficult time expressing myself without pissing people off, but I did make an effort. Again I'm not attempting to show you up, just stating my opinions.

And Tatiana, I am curious as to where it said we can expand. It is quite possible that it was announced, and I may have missed it. I do patrol the streets often, but can't catch everything. I have noticed though that I am not the only one that didn't see it, as none of the other families have either it looks like.

And since I'm carrying on, the issue is partially a family one. When your family asks why we can't expand, you have to explain somewhat. Yes, there are a few things that maybe should be between leaders to discuss, but is it right to not share things with your family? Personally I feel that the have a right to know what is going on in the family and the community. We are nothing without our families.

I'm sure that I will continue to get a lot of shit for this speech, so go for it, I am listening. Your opinions do matter to me.
Report Post Tip
Zoloft, the mafia being run by the most powerful people is nothing new. Look at the history of our thing, the strongest leaders have always made policies. It's because they have the power to do so.

Your complaint about leaders not having the choice of who they share a city with is not entirely true. Bi-Polar_Bear suggested Prozac for auth in L.A. and it was approved. StripheCorelli suggested King_Cav for auth in Chicago and it was approved. Since were bringing up things that are discussed behind closed doors, the situation you are specifically talking when a leader didn't get the auth she requested was when Briana_Arao asked for your mother to get auth in Philly. What kind of example of loyalty would it be to the community to auth someone who bought out of her family during a war?
Report Post Tip
Zoey, I am not my mother nor was I referring to my mother thank you. I offered an opinion, my opinion. Not my mother's. Not my grandmother's. Not even my great, great, great grandmother's. Mine. My opinion has nothing to do with the actions of my mother or Briana. It is solely based on my own observations since my arrival on these streets. I am sorry if I have offended you by sharing this but it is the truth. Time moves on. I am a separate entity from my ancestors for I do not believe in reincarnation.
Report Post Tip
Tatiana better not believe in reincarnation, because otherwise she's coming back as a radiant-active Clipper.
Report Post Tip
In my personal opinion, it was the obligation of the CLs to provide solutions for our scattered world, after the war. That would include providing enough space for people, authing new leaders, setting up the cities, giving opportunities for new business, etc. After those entire things settled, the CLs can concentrate on their family affairs as they watch the world grow at its own feet. Off course there'll be problems, but the world will learn how to solve them. In other world, since all the basic things already exist, may be it's time for our leaders to reduce their burden to take care of the world outside & start to sit back & do the family routine activities. But hey, that's only my thought. Peace.
Report Post Tip
Listen's to the other mafioso's talk about the things there unhappy with

I agree with some of the thing's you guy's and girl's been talking about. Like the whole only 25 members thing, it kind of does make you unhappy when you think about it. Especially when you see gangsters and goomba's and such walking around with more protection than your own boss and there is nothen more to blame it on than your family is way to small to hire your boss some protection.

Other than that my only complaint is I kind of miss that anonymous guy that alway's stopped in to congratulate me on my promotion. Wish someone knew who he was so, I could conatact him and ask where he's been and how he is doing these day's.
Report Post Tip
Quotes some words that echoed in his mind many times after hearing them from Hayley's lips, realizing the point she tries to highlight here in this street's discussion:

"When your family asks why we can't expand, you have to explain somewhat. Yes, there are a few things that maybe should be between leaders to discuss, but is it right to not share things with your family? Personally I feel that they have a right to know what is going on in the family and the community. We are nothing without our families. " --End of Quote

I ain't lecturing nobody neither am pointing fingers, But ruling one's family with a Blind Iron Fist gets Leaders no where.

I believe this discussion only meant to leave some free-space for mafiosos to breath some Air, express their ideas "on restricted issues" and get to feel that their opinions are well-respected even if you leaders throw those points of view and opinions in the toilets as shit but at least you will feel the beat in the streets and even get the feeling of what's going down there in mafiosos' minds.

**leaving the crowd around hayley's limo unsatisfied from some reactions**
Report Post Tip
*walks up and clears his throat respectfully* Hello fellows, I believe that we are getting close to, but not quiet at the point where we are stable enough to move away from our supports as a society. I do not speak for my boss, but am simply stating my opinion. *blushes slightly* I don't think the new auths are ready for flying solo just yet..... *waits for the crowd to start throwing rocks at him* I don't think they have been around long enough, give them maybe a month more. I am not saying they are not capable because they are very capable, just give them a little more time to get settled in. I know that my crew only have a temporary structure right now because we only have a few members. Things have been hectic because we have been getting new members, but for every member we let in, one goes and screws up and gets himself killed. We have a stable core but our outer structure is a little shaky. so give us a little more time....please thank you

*steps backs and waits for others opinion of his words*
Report Post Tip
Listens to some mobsters in the street.. nodding his head to some of the conversation

Where do we go from here? Well, lately we have seen horse racing, HQ sizes are expanding and our population is slowly on a rise.. mostly thanks to the beautiful ladies..*winks at Marietta and Zoey*. Sometimes things will seem slow in our world, thats how it goes and if you cant get use to that then being a mobster will be hard for you. Our routine consists of a few things, but these few routine and sometimes boring things will prepare for you for the day we do go to battle.

People will want power and things will happen eventually, you know how mobsters behave especially high ranked mobsters with weapons. Ride it out, get involved with your family and just keeping working hard would be what I would tell every mobster here on the street..
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The state of our community
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL