Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 14:14:40
Page:  1 
A Helping Hand Started by: Nichola on Nov 22, '08 12:57
Walking down the street, Nichola sees a small gathering of people around the infamous soap box. Taking a sip of her water she strides over to the gathering to see what is going on. Upon pushing her way through the crowd Nichola sees a girl that is new to this world setting on the ground. Looking back at the others she hears them call her "noob" to anything that she does or asks. Reaching her hand out, Nichola smiles down upon her as she helps her get up. Looking back up at the spectators Nichola steps up onto the soap box to address them.

Let me start by saying, I know that some of those among us do help tutor and advise those that are younger and not as "wise" to the ways of our mafia world as some. I, myself, am not that old compared to most of you, but with that said, I take it to heart to help anyone that I happen to stumble across that is new. I was taken in by a few and advised on the ways of this world when I was a child. With out that tutoring I wouldn't be even close to who I am today.

It is so important to train and teach those that are newer around us so that our families can continue on and flourish even more then they have. Without some advisement, a lot of people are lost and we find them at the bottom never able to grasp that which we do. A simple how to of selling and buying drugs, knocking over that convenience store around the corner, even guiding them through the family HQ to show them the rules laid out on the desk in the office are all little gestures that can help them and the family as a whole.

By offering just this bit of assistance, instead of simply brushing them off as being a "noob", they can help the family earn more and avoid issues that might occur from someone not being informed. It's just a simple gesture that I feel could go a long way.

Stepping down off of the soap box Nichola looks upon the small crowd in front of her and the girl that was now standing amongst them. Giving them a quick smile she walks back down the street. Glancing back Nichola watches as a few being to talk to the girl and help her.
Report Post Tip
Every little helps Nichola, that much is true. However, I do know of people who have the firm belief that if a new arrival to our shores cannot work out our way of life by themselves, then they are not worth the time in teaching them.

My own personal belief is that it will depend more on just how eager to learn these new arrivals are. If they are hanging onto your every word as you drop pearls of wisdom upon them, then in my eyes they have a great future here. A major part of succeeding here is that drive and willingness to learn.
Report Post Tip
it is true it makes you feel good if they listen to you, because then you know that they won't mess up and make you look bad. And if they do it by accident, well then you let it slide. It makes you feel like your doing something right for the boss, and that is a great feeling. :-)
Report Post Tip
Well said Nichola. When I joined the Riot all my questions were answered by our RHM Zoey she was probaly dreading to open every mail she got from me because it was probaly another question. I had played the game before I knew alot but I knew nothing of he Riot but she did help alot there was also help from Amber and Marietta and alot of other people on the Riot but all my questions did go to Zoey so I think I owe it to her. I do also help other fellow mobsters because Zoey helped me. Every one should pull there wait to help young mobsters.

P.S this my 100th post.
Report Post Tip
Mane you bring up a valid point on if they will take what you say and learn from it. I like to believe that most do.

Hearing that others have been helped as I have is very nice to hear. I just hope that more have your experience as well.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Helping Hand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL