Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 02:13:44
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Godfather of Detroit Started by: Zoey on Nov 25, '08 22:53
Although it was winter the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day in Detroit. The bars and restaurants in the city were crowded with mobsters drinking and dancing to celebrate a big milestone in their business. A few members of The Riot were gathered on the second floor patio of Nelson's Pub. Zoey walked to the railing and addressed the crowd gathered on the streets.

Ladies and Gentlemen, most of you may have heard the news already, but I'd like to make the official announcement. Marietta is the Godfather of Detroit.

The mobsters on the street below held their drinks up and cheered. Zoey smiled, held her glass up and drank with them.

Becoming Godfather is one of Marietta Rossi's greatest achievements. She has accomplished so much in her life it amazes me there was a time when she was reluctant to join the mafia. I, along with her other friends and members of her family, The Riot are glad she changed her mind. I bet it's safe to say today she's happy about it too.

There were a few laughs from the crowd along with another round of raised glasses and more drinks consumed. Zoey waited for the laughter to stop then continued her speech.

Marietta's life is proof that anything is possible if you're willing to work and fight for it. She got involved in this thing of ours to help her childhood friend, Frankiee. The first crew she was a member of was The Renegades lead by Skulls. When he went on what some people called a suicide mission Marietta went to work for Don Iris in Philadelphia where she learned the ropes of leadership by being an assistant to sub crew leader, DrFeelgood. She often ran the sub crew when the doctor was away on long business trips.

The profitable automotive industry and growing population here in Detroit didn't take long for the leaders to notice. They decided the mafia should run this city. Marietta was the first mafioso authorized to start a family in Detroit and she later became the first Don of the city. She has always had a strong work ethic and expects the same from people who work for her. Invitations to join The Riot and promotions in the family have not been given out freely. Young mobsters worked to get in the door and did more than a lot of crimes and jail breaks to move up in the ranks. Along with the values of respect, loyalty and family Marietta has lead by example to show her members the importance of street presence and under her supervision a variety of businesses and shops made the Detroit business district one of the most active in our seven cities.

Other than Marietta's work in this thing of ours she achieved success as one of the editors of the popular and controversial Tea Time. The gossip tabloid and frequent speeches in public made Marietta one of the most well known leaders on the streets. Her popularity and having friends in high places made her a target in a massive war every family was involved in. When Marietta survived the war some people said it was luck, but after the death of most of her top members and allies she didn't give up fighting against the powerful group of adversaries. Her determination to survive when the odds were against her was admirable.

After the war it was evident change was needed to keep our thing from becoming as stagnant as it was before. With the help of other leaders Marietta implemented a plan to authorize the set up of two families in every city. Just like any change the plan had it's fair share of critics, but even naysayers have to admit the people who have been authed haven't been predictable. Some have even been controversial. There were more than a few jaws that hit the floor when Marietta authed Premier and BA in the same city. Miss Rossi certainly knows how to keep things interesting around here.

Zoey paused to take a drink from the glass in her hand.

It's hard for me to find the words to describe how much of an honor it's been to work with Marietta. My mother appreciated the opportunity she was given to run an important part of The Riot and I'm grateful to Marietta for her trust in me as her Right Hand. I've always been proud to call her my boss and my friend. Today, I'm very proud to call Marietta the Godfather of Detroit.

A loud applause erupted on the streets and the celebration continued all day.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Marietta

This is an honor that Very few receive, And I know you deserve it more than anyone!

I'm proud to call you my friend
Report Post Tip
Congrats Marietta!!!!

I so happy to see as GodFather and I know you worked so hard to achieve this one thing that many of us will never get chance in hell to do. I wish you the best of luck as GodFather!! <3
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Marietta this is a great achievement , and Im sure you will continue to great things.
Report Post Tip
Bows before the Godfather of Detroit.

Congratulations to you Marietta. On your ascension to Godfather. May you live long and prosper over Detroit.
Report Post Tip
I would like to salute Marietta for her achievement to GodFather. I personally can't think better candidates as GF.

Congratulation.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to you Marietta, and that suit looks HAWT on you dear!
Report Post Tip
Corks open a bottle of champagne and sprays it all over the place.

Congrats Boss...I mean God Father!!!

Bows in respect
Report Post Tip
You can now make offers no one can refuse.

congratulations!! i just joined today so its sweet.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Marietta :)
Report Post Tip
bows his head before the new Godfather

Congratulations on achieving this rank Marietta.
Report Post Tip
Wow. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime. Absolutely amazing. Congratulations.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Marietta !!

Very well deserved.:)
Report Post Tip
Marietta, this is a great honor, and you definitely deserve it. I am very excited to see you achieve this. You have done so much for your family and the community, and I can't think of anyone else I would rather see in this position. So a huge congrats to you girl. <3
Report Post Tip
CONGRATZ MARIETTA ON GODFATHER!!
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Marietta
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Marrieta.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations, well deserved.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Marietta, you above all else deserve this honour after all the work you have put into these cities.

*Bows
Report Post Tip
Congrats Marietta,You Earned it through everything.I remember when your family was small and you where still

nocticeable!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Godfather of Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL