Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 16:56:10
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The New Don of Detroit Started by: Marietta on Nov 26, '08 00:49
A puff of air was visible before her eyes as she exhaled, the cold Detroit winds catching it up and swirling it upwards away from her mouth. It was freezing ass cold, a temperature that Marietta, Godfather of Detroit, had still not become accustomed to- even after all her time in the city. She shivered under her multiple layers of knitted-sweaters and winter jacket, her legs trembling in her sheer pantsuit and her high heels being soaked through by the accumulated inches of late November snow. The woman leaned against the street sign, shaking loose a small amount of white powder that dropped into her blond hair and sent a shiver through her spine. With another sigh came another wisp of smoke, her green eyes narrowing on the far end of Main Street, alert for her visitor.

And at last she appeared, trudging up the sidewalk accompanied by a man that Marietta recognized as the quiet and noble body guard Oliver. She gave a smile and held up her gloved hand in greeting as the other woman approached. You made it! her voice carried across the streets that were glittering in the brief amount of light the nearby street lamps shedding off.

"I'm here, I'm here," said Zoey, crossing her arms across her chest and causing her long, dark locks falling about her shoulders. "What the hell is up?"

Don't get smart with me, Marietta retorted, casting a glare towards the younger woman. Just called you here to talk.

"To talk? Jesus Mari, it's freezing out here. Let's go to Giovanni's."

No no no! Though the offer to go to their favorite restaurant was tempting, the woman shrugged off the phantom taste of the lasagna, red wine and relaxing warmth. She had a point to make here and she wasn't about to let her companion's chatter distract her. Gesturing towards the street sign she gave off a faint grin. Look where we are! Don't you recognize this place?

Staring in silence for a few moments at the big bold words 'Main Street' did nothing to jar Zoey's memory. Exchanging a silent, bewildered glance with Oliver she turned back to Marietta. "Uh... Main Street?"

Yes, but what does it remind you of? the woman emphasized, waving her hand once more to encompass the spread of the wide street covered in a sheet of white. Think back... doesn't it make you think of some special occasion?

"What, you get Godmother of Detroit and suddenly you're a philosopher?" Zoey said, her eyebrows furrowing together in worry. "You feeling okay?"

I'm fine, Zoey. God damn, listen. Marietta exhaled heavily, feeling emotion catching in her chest as she surveyed brickwork of the buildings surrounding them. This is Main Street. This is the very spot that we were standing in when we first met. Your mother had just died and you stepped out of the taxi... you looked so much like her. You stared at me straight in the eye... you didn't blink. I broke the news to you. Things were hectic. War was still going on, on very own turf, in fact.

As she spoke Marietta watched the hard look on Zoey's face soften in recollection. You didn't cry, you didn't do more than nod. You said...

"I'll take care of it." A brief smile passed over the younger woman's face and she looked into Marietta's eyes. "I remember. I said 'I'll take care of it.'"

And you did. You were a huge help to me. Marietta grinned in return. And that's when I knew.

"Knew? Knew what?" Zoey shifted back and forth from foot to foot, dancing to keep herself warm in the chill of the evening.

I knew then that it was your destiny to be someone amazing. Just like your mother. Maybe even better.

Zoey dipped her head downward modestly. "You flatter me too much."

Ha, the Godmother snorted. On the contrary. I don't flatter you nearly enough. I knew then, Zo. I took you on, I gave you your mother's position and you haven't disappointed me a damn day since. You grew beyond my expectations, into one of my closest associates. Into one of my dearest friends.

Marietta felt a wave of tears sting her eyes as she stared at Zoey, the once young and fresh-faced mobster who was eager to work-hard and had the attitude to match. How had she grown from that idealistic girl into the beautiful, confident woman that stood before her today, without her even noticing the passage of time? Taking a deep breath and biting down on her tongue she fought to compose herself. Godmothers weren't supposed to get emotional, damn it.

Whenever I allowed myself the briefest of moments to dream about perhaps, one day being the Godmother of Detroit, I always imagined you right next to me. As one of my inner, most trusted circle. As my Right Hand. As my confidant. Over the years, months, weeks and days I tried and tried to find the right fit for the person that would inherit my old headquarters. For the person that would continue to run business in the North end of the city. Somehow, though, it never felt right when I imagined these people taking over the crew. It wasn't their destiny. I was at a loss for what to do.

And then one day you walked into my office and it just clicked. There was no one else that could take that position, because it belonged so obviously to you.

She gave off a weaker smile than before, using the back of her gloved hands to wipe at her eyes and face. I'm horrible at these types of speeches.

"I know you are," Zoey said, reaching out and placing her hand on the Godmother's shoulder gently. "Thank you."

No, no thanks yet. I'm hardly done. Zoey, you deserve this opportunity in every single way. I could sit here and rattle off a million and one qualities as to why, but I'm not going to waste our time. It should be blatant to everyone as to why you are where you are today. And if it isn't... as you say, 'fuck em', right? Heh.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is... while I am utterly sad to be losing someone so valuable to our business and my life... I am, on the polar opposite, so very fucking glad to know that Detroit, and the crime community of the USA, is gaining an extremely precious Don into their ranks.

Zoey's eyes widened momentarily and she let her hand fall back to her side. "Wait, you mean...?"

Marietta chuckled through her tears. I can't be a Godfather and not have a Don.

"...Heh. Alright." She smiled at Marietta and turned to Oliver, raising her eyebrows in excitement. Mari shivered once more and looked up at the street sign briefly before turning to face her associate again.

Congratulations, Zoey. Congrats on the new family. Congrats on your new status of Don. May you continue to grow and prosper as a mobster, because you surely most definitely are deserving of this honor.

Now we can go to Giovanni's. We have some calls to make. Got to get a party started!
Report Post Tip
Congrats Zoey,

Truly an Honor, no one deserves to finally get don more than you
Report Post Tip
Congrats ZOEY
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Zoey. I know you will do well in Detroit.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Zoey
Report Post Tip
What a great day for the Riot! Congrats Zoey, I know you'll do great!
Report Post Tip
New rules and regulations, more to understand and a fuck load of paper work to sign...

Is it worth it? Damn straight its worth it!

Congratulations Zoey. Always remember that sexy is as sexy does.
Report Post Tip
Well done, Zoey, you definitely worked hard to get where you are at.

A special congratulations to TheDean however. I have known his ilk since the day he came into this business that we run and work in together. His family's devout loyalty through the time of Jonnie Reese and into the reign of Marietta is deeply appreciated. The organization of Black Pariah to avenge the fall of Jonnie Reese, which eventually went unneeded with the fall of Don Animal, was one of the most touching tributes I have seen. I will also remember your ancestor michael-corleone submitting entry after entry into various competitions held by the Gods to ensure victory for Marietta's fledgling family. I am glad that once upon a time my ascendants were able to have even a small hand in the development of your family's skills. It is with great pride that I see you take your place so high in Zoey's family. It is a position you have richly earned. The manner to which you have attained your spot was not by bloodline reputation, it was not because any of your ancestry achieved great ranks such as Don or Consigliere, or organized a good war, and it certainly was not because you felt you were entitled. You got this on the merit of blue-collar work ethic. In a world where people think they should be entitled to positions based off nepotism, you and Godfather Marietta have both risen above that stigma, and your successes are refreshing and a throwback to times when people weren't given RHM, LHM, or Crewleader based off of who their people were.

Congratulations, Dean. Your enthusiasm and the way you conduct yourself are vital to our survival. So thank you for reminding me that this place was once great, and can be great again.
Report Post Tip
awwwwwwww man

Zoey's pee smells like ham!

good work!
Report Post Tip
Its a day of congrats of sorts...

In my small history on MR i get to see the 3rd God Father the game has ever seen. See our beloved RHM ascend to the rank of Don to fulfill Marietta's shoes and write her own legacy. And watch Dean try to become the next cornerstone RHM!

You all have certainly worked tireless hours for this, non more deserving of such honors.

Raises a toast to the new new heads

It was an honor and a privilege!!!
Report Post Tip
Zoey - our families go back together a while, I know they are all smiling and happy as I am to see this day! Congratulations and all the best
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to Zoey, the new Don of Detroit. Wish you all the best.
Report Post Tip
For one who has held part of Marietta's limelight seemingly forever, you do seem to be enjoying the fact that your own huge achievement has been overshadowed by something else. Not one to draw attention to someone's achievement when the attention is unwanted, I will offer you my congratulations on your new family and congratulations on Don itself.

I look forward to working with you.
Report Post Tip
To the new Don of Detroit, I congratulate you.

CONGRATULATIONS Zoey.
Report Post Tip
Zoey your a shining example of a strong woman that works as hard as she can to achieve a rank and family that she deserves.

All respect Zoey and my deepest congradulations.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Zoey.You earned it.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations.

I couldn't think of a better person for this roll other than you.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Zoey nice to see you with your own crew now you made The Riot a great team and i hope you make it even better now.
Report Post Tip
Zoey,

Our family lines have crossed in the past, they have been on the streets on opposite sides of debates, and quiet frankly that's all I think of it as. My family only thought of it as debates, and never really had any problems with yours.

Some of my fathers may think that you didn't like them much, but they viewed you as a good asset to the community and they actually liked your spunk!

You have been out on these streets many times with speeches, and I respect you for not being scared to speak you mind. I admire you for it actually.

I want to congratulate you on becoming the New Don of Detriot. You certainly deserve it!
Report Post Tip
Zoey, I'm so very proud of you and all you've accomplished. If there is every anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask.

Amber wipes a tear from her eye.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The New Don of Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL