Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 00:13:05
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Night draws to an end Started by: Mikomi on Nov 29, '08 04:56
Mikomi, did you change your mind about leaving? I see you're working for the new Don in Philly now.

Talking on the streets about something you may or may not have seen the Godfather do is not a good way to start your career in our business.
Report Post Tip
~Mikomi slowly walks over to Zoey. He has heard great things about her. He trembles a little as he offers his hand to shake, his mark of 100% respect~

Zoey, its an honout to meet you.

I know I have become what you make call a hated figure. I did not wish to upset people with what I saw. But what I saw scared me. I am just a young man wandering these streets and I walked into one of the biggest shootings the world has seen in recent times.

Maybe I shouldnt have screamed to the world what I saw, but in my shocked state I did what I felt was right. It was not out of disrespect thats for sure.

~Mikomi bows his head as he thinks about the future~

Yes my future is in the great Don's hands. He will decide my fate
Report Post Tip
I'll be brutally honest here.

1) Hi, we are not in Sicilian towns. We may attempt to uphold certain values, even as civilians, but America is NOT Sicily. It is America. All the civilians in America are not going to uphold Mafia concepts. The large difference here is that the Sicilian police are corrupt, and the civilians looked to the Mafia for protection. The American police are supposedly not corrupt and the Americans look to their police for protection.

2) Mikomi does understand that his fate is in my hands and I will decide what to do now he has joined my family. That choice should not be suggested to me by anybody from other families from this point onward.

End of story, have a nice day.
Report Post Tip
That's a pretty naive outlook, Mane. It doesn't matter where we are living, the basic concept of keeping your mouth shut holds true across the board. In a Philadelphia Italian neighborhood, all the locals know that certain people are "connected" and you do not cross them. This concept goes with our lifestyle like peanut butter to jelly.

Your other point, that nobody should tell you what to do with your member and that his fate is in your hands, and only your hands, is a foolishly idealistic notion. You seem to be proclaiming that you have a certain "right". This isn't a fair lifestyle, and if someone wanted to strong-arm you into doing something you did not want to do, that would not be an unusual occurrence in La Cosa Nostra.
Report Post Tip
True enough, addressing your first point, but then there is nothing around me to state that it is necessarily a Sicilian town we stay in. New York itself, as a whole, is not Sicilian for example. It is my opinion that neither of us are right or wrong in our assumptions, but I'm sure you wont accept that.

The second point is not up for discussion Mr Hi.
Report Post Tip
But he is correct in his 2nd point, you may choose to deal with your member in one way, but as he said if someone stronger than yourself wanted to deal with him, they could, those who perceive to be stronger than you Mane could very well do as they please and you can either accept that or fight for your cause. Either way the fate of that member was not in your hands in the end, whether you decide to act or not.

Not all families abide by the sicilian code, but each family knows that bringing sensitive information to the street is a foolhardy thing and is something that will lead to the guilty party suddenly disappearing.
Report Post Tip
No, it's not a Sicilian town, but it does have Sicilian neighborhoods, which was what I stated in my example. Speaking of "not up for discussion", I'm surprised this is even debatable. There are actually people here saying that it is ok to post a WS in the streets. Really? They are saying that not only is this debatable, but it is acceptable.

I'm really speechless (ok, I'm not really). Have we fallen that far into pure ignorance? Anyone close to organized crime knows to keep their fucking mouth shut about what they know or see. This is not up for debate! I know some people here are complete fucking morons, but I even know morons who have the sense not to open their mouths when it is bad for them.

If you do not want to discuss the second point, that's fine. I do hope you realize that it's not a very safe way to run your family, though, unless you are powerful enough to give the finger to every other family. If you want to last very long, you just can't run around doing whatever you want saying that it's your business and nobody else has a say in it. Whether you think it is up for discussion or not, if you piss off the wrong person, they will put an end to your family. If you are stronger than everyone else, you can say and do these things. Are you at that point yet? You cannot simply say that nobody else has any say in what you do. The world is not run by rules of procedure, but by power.
Report Post Tip
Where it does not concern you, I suggest it stays that way. Those who are more powerful than myself, who will "force my arm" so to speak, have been notified about what's going on and that is that. I will not be drawn into a petty argument about this, which is seemingly your intention.
Report Post Tip
No, my intention is to get this information out in the streets where it can be heard, so that the new members of La Cosa Nostra, who might be the leaders of the future, learn how business is ran. Listening to the old men squabble on the streets was how my oldest ancestors learned the ways of the world, and it is the best way for the new members of the mafia today to learn, as well.
Report Post Tip
Mane, with all due respect the guy's a fucking rat and you're harbouring him, this does nothing for your credibility or that of your operation in Philadelphia, I simply can't understand for what purpose you'd be inclined to risk your reputation on a non-issue like this for, it defies belief, this goes against everything that is stood for here in these streets.
Report Post Tip
The thing is we post everything in these streets. That maybe should not be here. Like The latest don the new auth. You think the mafia ran around shouting that stuff out in the streets too? I don't think so..

Im sure that was great info the cops always wanted and would love for mafioso's to go about the streets bragging about. But you see that every day or when ever it happens. So what makes that so much more acceptable if your saying the streets the streets the streets.
Report Post Tip
Johnny, the difference is that it is common knowledge in the mafia who is a Boss or who leads a certain family. Those things are pretty well known. However, they do not running around spouting off at the mouth about who made someone disappear, even within their own families.
Report Post Tip
Yes common Knowledge within the mafia.. But if i'm not mistaken this is the streets right where cops are where civilian's are. Where all these guy's are that might no suppose to know. About the latest Family head or who moved up in rank. I mean sure yes the cops always obtained this knowledge but it was always hard work. Not given to them.
Report Post Tip
That's presuming that someone is shouting within hearing distance of the cops. I don't know about you, but I usually keep my voice lowered so that only those standing around me can here. And if a cop is standing next to me, I keep my mouth shut.
Report Post Tip
I don't know about you but saying it loud enough where fifteen to thirty some people can hear it that's a awful big whisper if ask me. Besides your standing out in the middle of a street or on the curb of the street i'm sure someone else heard it. That wasn't suppose too.
Report Post Tip
Well it's a good job we have the cops on the payroll then to overlook certain things.

Thing is, the fed's pretty much know who is who, but we give them the odd tip here and there to turn a blind eye and sometimes provide us with info too. Sometime those that can't be paid off will punish those who have heat on them, shit there's been plenty of crackdowns lately, but luckily there are a fair share of tunnel diggers around to help with that problem whenever it occurs.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Night draws to an end
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL