Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 23:17:11
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
A few questions about pickpocketing Started by: Czarkowski on Jul 24, '13 01:48

So I've been out of this game for quite a while and there's a few new things I'm not sure about or don't remember. Some of these may be really stupid questions =/

1. Is it possible to fail at a pickpocket? And if so does the victim see your name? If you fail what happens?

2. Is it possible to fail at a grave robbing? And if so does the victim... oh wait he's dead. But if you fail what happens?

3. If you fail at either one, do you still gain xp and skill?

4. Are pickpocketing and grave robbing the same thing? Meaning are they are both the "physique" skill, and is their xp is the same?

5. Can the victim of a successful pickpocket see who pickpocketed them, or will it always say "unidentified assailant" if it is successful? And if it wasn't successful, do they see your name automatically?

6. If you have a high stealth level, does this effect if your victim can see your name or not? I know this is how it is for whacking but not sure about pickpocketing.

Report Post Tip

1. Yes it is possible to fail, they may or may not see your attempt (similar to a wack

2. It is possible. If you fail you don't get any money, still uses your timer.

3. I normally go by 'if it counts on the achievements it counts toward your skill' and if you fail it doesn't count towards achievements so I would say 'no'

4. I'm not quite sure on this one. Although I have noticed in the past that if I do grave rob it seems easier to pickpocket individuals down the road. I would hazard a guess that yeah they are they same skill but I'm not sure.

5. It depends. If you 'stealthed' them then they will see 'unidentified assailant' you can be unidentified if you fail, or succeed. 'an unidentified assailant attempted to pickpocket you', 'an unidentified assailant pickpocketed you and took xxxx'

6. This is up for debate in my opinion. Some people with no stealth have stealthed people - and some people on full stealth have been caught repeatedly - I think it's one of those mysterious things you might have to try to figure out on your own.

Report Post Tip

"3. I normally go by 'if it counts on the achievements it counts toward your skill' and if you fail it doesn't count towards achievements so I would say 'no'"

Fails do help your skill.  It is not as much as a success, but it will slightly increase your odds of succeeding in your next one.

Report Post Tip

I guess for number 6 it depends on the victims street smarts also.

Thanks for the help

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Help
Replying to: A few questions about pickpocketing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL