Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 10:19:07
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Choices In Life and Death Started by: -Temperance- on Nov 29, '08 17:34
As Tempe walks down the streets, she spots the soap box, standing empty, with the crowd still milling about after the last speech, and decided to take the opportunity to voice what had been running through her mind. She steps up, and clears her throat. As she sees faces turn towards her, she begins to speak.

In this world of ours, death and violence is something that we come across everyday. Yet, as we have seen over these past couple of days, at unexpected times, death and violence can escalate without warning, and take hold of entire families at a time, dwindle the populations of our fair cities, within moments, without warning. Unfortunately, as the descendants of those who have fallen carry on with their lives, occasionally, they will hold a grudge against those who harmed their ancestors.

While this is understandable, that they are upset over the death of their parents, they need to realize that these actions are a part of the world that we live in. If all of us were to hold a grudge against whoever harmed our ancestors, this entire world would constantly be at war. There would be no peace for any amount of time, as everyone would be looking to harm each other. I am almost certain that at some earlier point in her life, the Godmother of Detroit herself has killed the mother or father of many of the people alive today. If these children had held a grudge against her, at some point in time, before she acquired her own family, someone would have succeeded in avenging their parents' death, and she would not be the Godmother of Detroit today.

I am not saying that we all need to get along, all I am trying to explain is that, when your mother, or father, passes away, through the gates of mafia heaven, grieve, but realize that this is a part of the lifestyle that we have chosen. They made the choice to join this world, and when they made that choice, they were fully aware of the risks that they were taking.

Just some food for thought. Keep this in mind, please. Thank you for listening, and please feel free to make any comments you like, that is just how I see it.

Tempe steps down, and sits gracefully on the nearby steps, to await what others have to say about her speech.
Report Post Tip
falls asleep and sinks to the bottom of the ocean
Report Post Tip
Feeds PremShark sea shells
Report Post Tip
noms noms noms moms

i like chanel
Report Post Tip
Feeds PremShark some pretty rocks
Report Post Tip
noms noms noms noms

MMMM ROCKS
Report Post Tip
Feeds PremShark -Temperance-'s foot
Report Post Tip
*pizza_guy shakes his head.*

Speech *points towards -Temperance-* you listen with your ears *points to his ears.* except for premshark here he is just special. The we talk with our mouths *points toward his mouth.* everybody is okay with that?

*leaves the scene feeling like he just taught the abc's to little kids. Then smiles to himself.*
Report Post Tip
laughs and gives pizza_dude a cookie for his insights

very nice.

And Mr. PremShark, didn't your mommy teach you not to put feet in your mouth, or did you just miss that lesson in school :)
Report Post Tip
Sharks don't have ears.
Report Post Tip
Exactly that is the point pizza_dude tried to make...at least i thin
Report Post Tip
shark rams temperance

I ate my mommmy :(
Report Post Tip
True Story!

Watch out Temperance he'll eat you!
Report Post Tip
licks chanel

mmmmm
Report Post Tip
This completely did not go the way i foresaw...i didnt realize that there were children hiding in the crowd
Report Post Tip
Thinks about turning PremShark into sushi, but decides against it
Report Post Tip
swims around the crowd

I AM A GROWN SHARK I DO WHAT I WANT

shark flips
Report Post Tip
Feeds PremShark a Pizza boi
Report Post Tip
noms noms noms noms noms

spits it out

taste like shit
Report Post Tip
bad sausage?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Choices In Life and Death
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL