Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:21:48
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Long way from home (rp) Started by: Vincent_diMartelli on Dec 02, '08 18:38
(This is an open RP, feel free to join, no superheroes.)

Vince sat behind the wheel of the last car he had stolen. It had been nearly a week since he'd left town and now he was just arriving to chicago. He'd had to hole up for a few days to get the cops off his back but now he was here, and he was, he hoped, safe. He sighed. Things were difficult. He had little more than five hundred dollars, and his name.

As far as he knew Tie Domi and all the rest of his friends that used to live in chi-town were long dead. And, to make matters worse he'd been run out of New City on a rail because they THOUGHT he was a cop. Never mind the fact that he was a good man, that he had made his bones with them, never mind the fact that he was a friend of the Don, no, The don himself had driven him to the edge of town and told him that if he ever came back, he'd be dead.

Now, here he was a long way from home, and sitting in the rain in a stolen car. He sighed, pulled up the collar of his jacket and walked into the speakeasy he saw ahead. He could use some company and a warm place to sit. He even took the forethought to leave the car unlocked hoping it would get stolen.

Now he just had to figure out who had set him up and why. He sat at a table where he had a good view of the door and the counter. Old habits were hard to break. By the two thugs in the corner, this place was aligned with one of the city denizens. Good. maybe he could make some friends here. The type of friends who would believe the wild tale that was starting to crystalize in his head.

Mikey. Vince ordered a drink and sat back. He'd get warm first, then worry about food, a place to stay and friendship. He was prepared to stay there when someone came in that caught his interest.
Report Post Tip
Luciano Leggio walked into the small speah easy puffing on a cuban, He walked up to the bar and orered a bottle of crystal, the bartender put a glass and the bottle on the bar and just as Leggio was about to sit down he noticed a face he didnt recognize over in the corner, a face that seemed to have a bit of staring problem.

Leggio orderd another glass, picked up his bottle and walked over to the strangers table. He put his bottle and both glasses dwn in the centre of the table, sat down and began to pour the crystal in to each glass. He picks up one and begins to drink.

After a minute or 2 of silence he says,"I aint never seen you rond here before, who are ya nd why you think its a good idea to be staring at me, huh?"
Report Post Tip
She slipped into the cozy little place and shivered, a chill wind blowing in behind her. Stepping up to the bar, she waits patiently for the bartender to notice her before leaning to him and, with a soft, husky voice barely audible in the room, she asks for a drink.

A White wine, with a small glass of water if you please?
Report Post Tip
He's into men.

VictoriaValium shattered the moment the beautiful women was living as the bartender walked away with her order.

Trust me.

VV jumped up onto the bar stool next to the bombshell. She glared at anyone that glared at her. Yeah she may have been to young to be hanging out in a bar, but really, who cared.
Report Post Tip
Raising an eyebrow, she looks at VV and tilts her head.

To be honest, I don't care if he's into cats and rats and elephants....I just want my drink, doll.
Report Post Tip
I couldn't see a lady like you being into rats or elephants. I'd pin you down as a bird person.

VictoriaValium turned her body away from the women and took a look around the bar. Still wasn't there, she shrugged.
Report Post Tip
Not me, whoever it is you mean.

Sips the chilled white wine, savoring it a moment before swallowing.

I'm Brandi, by the way....you are...?
Report Post Tip
VV eyed up the women. Why was she introducing herself? The small girl shrugged and stuck out her hand in the gap between the two of them.

I'm VictoriaValium. VV for short, don't call me Victoria and no, Valium is not my last name.

She didn't smile, but she did pull out her teddy bear from the bag that hung over her shoulder. VV hopped off the stool, told the women she'd be right back and walked across the bar.
Report Post Tip
Baffled at the child, she shakes her head, returning to her drink and a slow perusal of the locals, her dark green gaze glinting. She hadn't been here long but looked about, wondering who on earth would bring a kid into this kinda place. FIguring the outspoken little girl must belong to the owners of the joint, Brandi shrugs again then looks down,toying with the napkin beneath the water glass, slowly shredding it into small pieces and rolling them into tiny balls.
Report Post Tip
VV dragged herself and the teddy bear back to the chair she had just left. She wasn't happy, she kept rolling her eyes as she talked to herself.

When will they learn. She shook her had at the women that VV sat next to once again. When they want the white dust they have to bring the cash.

The head of the stuffed bear hung sluggishly off to the left, it was only being held on to the rest of it's body by a few threads. This wasn't surprising as the bear looked like it had survived three generations previous to this one and that this one was its last. The animal was obviously on it's way out, but it still held a purpose.

I thought this was obvious. Is it obvious to you? It's obvious to me.

She grumbled then stuffed the bears head into it's body. VV then tucked it safely back into her bag.
Report Post Tip
Vince took the crystal, not his favorite drink, but since it was offered, he was drinking. "Your pardon sir, I'm afraid you caught me a little lost in thought. You looked like someone I knew. I am really new to this town, just looking for a place to lay low, and heal up before I finish my business."

Vince looked around, this guy was obviously used to this place, he'd have to be more careful. To be honest he was thinking about his brother and what his brother could have done or said to get him in this mess. God he hated being a twin.
Report Post Tip
Leggio starred at the stranger from under his sunglasses for a few seconds, then took another big puff of the fat cuban cigar he walked in with, hes wonderering what this guy is doing in a shady place like this on his own. If hes trying to lay low this is a good place but its also good if he wants to get stabed and robbed by some low level thug. Whatever hes running from must be serious.

"Is that right?" Leggio stares a bit longer sizeing the guy up but decides to give the guy a chance. "Well Whats your name buddie?"
Report Post Tip
Vince was really hoping that any of his friends still had living relatives in the area. He needed to touch base with some people he felt naked without his matched pieces, but first he had to find out who had them. Sigh. "maybe you could help me sir. I am looking for Fu-ManjuRourke on a matter of important business."
Report Post Tip
Vince took a deep sigh before he started.

"Vincent DiMartelli. I come from NY, but my father and his people lived here, I came back to get some of what was mine and right an injustice done to me. Unfortunately only half of what you have most-likely heard is true. I see by the look on your face that you have heard of my brother and I, but which stories have you heard?"
Report Post Tip
Leggio calls the barteder "Ill have two shots of bourbon thanks buddie".

He takes one last puff of his cuban and stubs it out in the ashtray on the table.

"First off cut it with that sir shit its embarraing, Now, Was it Vincent DiMartelli you said your name was? Cant say Ive heard that much bout your mob sorry. Your brothers a bit of a small time low life and ya dad used to be a big earner round here back in the day from what i hear? I also hear you got a sponsor and you running with The Gatti Grassi now. As for this Fu-ManjuRourke ive neer heard of him although theres plenty of rourkes round. You said before some business bought you to town? I make a habit of finding out what business new recruits are getting into, so whats ya business there pal?
Report Post Tip
Vince takes the proffered drink. "I did not leave the city of my own will, and even now, I fear that some of the Don's friends believe them more than me."

He sipped slowly. "You see, I was set up as a scapegoat to murder my sponsor."

Vince changed position uneasily. "My story in breif goes like this."

"My family was from out of town, though he had friends everywhere. When he moved he got himself in with some lowlifes that didn't know what omerta was. Unfortunately dad had the misfortune to not only have twin boys, but also the bad sense to name them alike. To be frank, the business that brings me here it to clear my name by finding the man who set me up for my former bosses murder. And, I have reason to suspect that that person is my twin brother. As to my business with the rourkes, they were friends of my family and I have them keeping some family heirlooms."
Report Post Tip
Leggio sits there not knowing what to think. Is this guy for real? Twin brothers with the same name? murder set-ups? He seems sincere though. Leggio decides to help

"Ok kid you seem legit so ima give you a bit of a hand, You need a place to lay low you can stay in the back room of this fine establishment" leggio chuckles a bit "no one will ever look for you here, and dont worry bout paying for the room, lets just say i have an arrangement with the owner."

"As for the stolen car with the broken window and the keys in it out front that im presumming is yours, Well get some kid to get rid of it. The rourkes however they seem to be in detroit these days so you on your own with that."

Leggio waves to one of the thugs that was buy the door and he quickly goes off to deal with the car.
Report Post Tip
Vince nodded and thought about it, crimial to what... mafiosi in thirty seconds. Of course, no one here had ever met mikey so of course no one knew of the resemblance. In his own way he was glad. That meant his brother hadn't gotten here yet. "When he isn't trying to be me he calls himself Mikey, when he is he goes by his first name Vince. He's been trying to steal my identity for years, I guess he figured I was dead that he could take my place as my long lost brother."
Report Post Tip
Leggio hammers back the shot of bourbon and lights up another cuban before pouring himself another glass of crystal

"Your brother sounds like a scumbag to me pal, and i only know one way to deal with scumbags myself." He takes a big puff of his fresh cigar and looks at Vincent with a sadistic yet charming smile

"Well before we get ahead of ourselves, Im Luciano-Leggio of the Gatti Grassi, I do business anywhere and everywhere, If ya want the room id like to know sooner rather than later and nows even better."
Report Post Tip
I will have to depend on your hospitality, and as to how to deal with my brother, that is also my reason for getting my things back. He has set me up and I want to take him out. I think I could use that room, and that would be one less thing to worry about. If I suddenly start acting not like myself, please kill him."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Long way from home (rp)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL