Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:14:01
Page:  1 
A NY Minute Started by: Silky_Slim` on Dec 02, '08 19:38
It was a dark and stormy night. Actually, it was more of a clear and calm early evening.

Silky_Slim` sat in the passenger terminal at La Guardia International waiting for his plane to Chicago. His father had passed several days before, and Silky Jr. was going to collect on some outstanding debts.

Suddenly, he heard a woman scream and he turned to see a very attractive young stewardess her covering her bottom and then angrily attempting to hit a large, well-dressed man with her purse.

Silky immediately recognized the man as his old pal, WilliamClinton. Some things never change he thought...

Acting quickly, Silky got up and walked over to the girl and Bill, stepping in between the fracas as best he could.

Excuse me Miss, Silky said, I must apologize for my friend here. You see, he is a veteran of the great war but unfortunately inhaled a little too much mustard gas fighting the Kaiser over in Europe.

He's perfectly fine and well except that he occasionally has involuntary muscle spasms in his arms and hands, which I believe could explain this current misunderstanding.

The girl calms herself for a moment and Silky continues,

He's actually a decorated war hero and a heck of a nice guy to boot.

The girl turns to look at Bill, who is still red-faced and breathing heavily from defending himself.

I am truly sorry Miss, Bill says while turning on his best charm. It is an unfortunate condition with which I am forced to live. I am actually on my way to Chicago to visit some of my war buddies and, he says with his face growing troubled, to visit my wife's grave. She passed three years ago you see...

Upon hearing this, the girl's face immediately softens.

Oh you poor brave man, she says smiling now, I apologize for my outburst, I thought you were a scoundrel! I feel terrible for all this. Here, she opens her purse and pulls out a pen and paper, this is my number here in NY. I'll be traveling for a few days, but if you are ever in town or need to talk please call me.

She finishes writing and hands Bill the paper with a large doe-eyed smile.

Thank you, Bill says humbly. This time of year can be especially difficult for me. And my condition doesn't help matters any.

The girl's face swells with emotion and sympathy. Please call me, she says, turning to walk towards her plane.

After she has gone, Bill turns to Silky and gives him a playful punch in the arm.

Thanks buddy, I owe you one.

Silky rolls his eyes and says,

Seriously man, I'm not always going to be here to cover for you when you pull that crap.

Then, stopping for a moment to reflect, he smiles, I didn't realize you were married.

Hell, Bill says chuckling, I didn't realize I was a war hero! But she was a looker wasn't she?

One of these days that stuff is going to get you in trouble buddy, Silky says laughing. Now why are you really going to Chicago?

I've got a little business to see about, Bill replies. About 5'5, blond, great

Alright, alright, Silky cuts him off. Forget I asked.

The boarding call for the flight to Chicago is announced over the loudspeaker, and the two Goombas head for the plane.

Cigar?, Bill offers Silky.

Hell no, Silky says, I fell for that once and it's sure as hell not happening twice!
Report Post Tip
Laugh's Well I swear this isn't one that Monica used. Does that make any differance?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A NY Minute
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL