Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 13:07:06
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Jobs For The Poor Started by: enkindle on Sep 01, '13 01:58

In an effort to improve the initial experience of players new to Mafia Returns we have created a new feature called Jobs.

Here is the basic idea:
When a new character starts the game they no longer start with Petty Crimes instead they get to Find Work. On this page there are jobs, one for each crew with currently active sponsors. When a new player has done enough jobs for a crew all sponsors in that crew are notified of the new player to be contacted. Once the player accepts an invite to a crew they will then have Petty Crimes and Find Work will go away.

Here are a bunch of details:

• Here's the basic flow of things:
    • A player must do 3 jobs for your crew for those capable of inviting people to your crew to be notified.
    • When you click the alert it will take you to your crews Jobs page. (Manage -> Crew -> Jobs. This page is only visible for CL\RHM\LHM and sponsors.) This page lists any players who have recently done at least 3 jobs for your crew. As well as other Job related stuff.
    • If no other sponsor has chosen to contact a new player on the list there will be a link that will open a message to this new player. This page will only allow the first person to click to contact, that way you don't all message the new guy at once. 
    • From here, you essentially handle it as you always have. Send an introduction, check them out and possibly invite them to your crew.
    • When someone clicks the link to contact the alerts will be removed from your crews other members so they don't get bothered.
  • To be listed on the Find Work your crew needs the following:
    • At least three role play texts listed. These can be filled out by any of the upper structure. (We recommend 10, that way they won't move on to another crews jobs before you snatch them up.)
    • At least one person capable of inviting new members into the crew currently active within the last 5 minutes.
    • The crew must have open space and must not be marked as full.
    • A balance of at least $50,000 in the job account.
  • Your crew pays the person for their work. 
  • Once someone has done as many jobs as your crew has role play texts, they will no longer be able to work for your crew.
  • Only those members capable of inviting new members will get an alert. This alert is bold, red, text "ASSOC." at the top of your page.

Also, as a way to help those who use the job system to find new members, newly made characters will not be shown on the Online List until 5 minutes after they start.

Report Post Tip

When someone clicks the link to contact the alerts will be removed from your crews other members so they don't get bothered.

I have had the alert there two times and seen that they already have been contacted when I get to the job page

Report Post Tip

It doesn't go away until the next time you load a page. I still need to make that alert work with the AJAX.

Report Post Tip

Is it possible to move the job bank to the top over the list workers?

Report Post Tip

What?

Report Post Tip

Nevermind.

Report Post Tip

Just wanted to say, I'm currently playing through this and I'm well impressed with it. 

Good job.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Jobs For The Poor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL