Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 10:09:27
Page:  1 
The Annex Started by: Solastalgia on Sep 03, '13 01:04

The Annex.  A loosely connected, mostly forgotten segment of the offices at Dunder Mifflin, The Annex originally served as a way to quietly condemn underperforming employees to a life of unfulfilling work and perpetual dullness.  The doors to the cursed wing of Dunder Mifflin sealed shut, The Annex hadn't had a proper function since Solastalgia renewed the building that had been almost nearly destroyed several years prior.  Dust covered the entrance that had plywood liberally and sloppily nailed over it, and without much relish, Solastalgia stood beside his trusted bodyguard, Hamchop, with a sledgehammer in his hand that wasn't much unlike the one Hamchop himself was holding.  With a cart full of industrial-grade solvents behind them, he took the first swing towards the plywood, with Hamchop following suit.

Smashing through the wood of a blocked off area of his office building wasn't quite what Solastalgia had envisioned to kick off his day, but it was with (very) pained necessity that the Human Resources department needed to be revived in some form at Dunder Mifflin - no matter how much Solastalgia or Ares protested otherwise.  With a final swing from Hamchop, the last plank of wood cracked open, giving the two men clear passage to the once sealed-off door.  Carefully grasping the handle of the metal door, he pulled heavily before the door gave, revealing the small contents of the separated office; a cubicle complex that had webs present in every corner, water stains from the occasional leak caused by Ariadne's prolific use of Dunder Mifflin's lavatory, and desks that had a fine, grey coating of dust on each of them.  As Hamchop rolled the heavy cart of cleaners, solvents and cloths into the Annex, the smallest snap of bones could be heard as the wheel had run over a rat that had died ages ago.

"It's perfect." Solastalgia said to himself as he envisioned the office's new occupants; he couldn't think of any better location for Human Resources if he had tried.  As he inspected the water stains that plagued the ceiling of The Annex, he glanced down to the lone cubicle tucked away in the corner that was traditionally home to the head of Human Resources; a dust-coated handgun was directly in front of him on the floor, with a brilliant splatter of dried blood that had coated the wall across from him, a bullet hole visible in the middle of what had likely been a terrific mess.  The body was, surprisingly, missing - a likely half assed job by the crew that had sealed off The Annex to begin with.

Hours of heavy cleaning with Hamchop had yield spectacular results on the office - the blood stain had diminished to a pink cloud that could be interpreted as an art project done out of boredom, even.  The sea of dust, webs and dead rodents had been cleared out as well, leaving it in a presentable state for its new occupants.  Placing two medium sized mugs that read "WORLD'S BEST BOSS" on each of the desks that were going to be utilized, Solastalgia sighed before parting The Annex with Hamchop, eager to get a quick wash in before his meeting was scheduled with its new occupants.

Several shots of espresso and a change of clothes later, Solastalgia found himself in the reception area of Dunder Mifflin's corporate offices, finding himself just in time to greet The Annex's new occupants; Toberius, and the dastardly Frenchman known as Eric Cantona.

"Gentlemen!  This way." the Godfather of North Side quipped, as he found himself in the unusual position of playing receptionist while TokyoZombi continued her quest to devour an unknown state senator in Illinois.  Walking up two flights of stairs to the office that was opposite his personal bodyguard's quarters, he overheard Hamchop boasting of his exploits to Solastalgia's other bodyguard, Larry Lance Jr.  Solastalgia was pleased his junior bodyguard was in chipper spirits, considering his father had been the victim of a careless hit and run only days prior.

"And let me tell you, you would not believe how much jewelry we managed to lift off of th-"

Solastalgia quickly closed the door to Hamchop's quarters, muffling the conversation into an indistinct humming as he directed the gentlemen to the two chairs that sat across from his desk, with the Godfather pulling two small sets of keys from his suit jacket, laying both sets in front of them.

"You're now the directors of the Human Resources department at Dunder Mifflin.  And, as I'm sure our parallel line of work would suggest, we do have a broader term for what one would consider human resources, but I'll save more colourful metaphors for another time.  You've both done some fine, fine work in Chicago as well as your work abroad - sweatshops, I heard? And, considering I went through the effort of personally touching up the area you'll be working in, I have no doubt you'll do some fantastic work here.  The keys to Dunder Mifflin are in front of you - welcome back to Chicago, men."

Report Post Tip

Still jet-lagged from his flight home from New York Toberius hailed a cab and headed back towards Dunder Mifflin. 

"North Side." He told the cab driver. Toberius laid his head back and closed his eyes as the cab sped off. Dreams of his old office filled his head. He could almost feel the soft leather of his favorite chair under him. He let out a deep sigh of longing. I'm never leaving my office again, he thought to himself. Toberius had a small smile on his face as he was jerked out of his day dream by the screeching brakes of the cab. 

"That'll be twenty-two fifty." Toberius grumbled as he begrudgingly pulled out his wallet and paid the man. "Keep the change." Toberius mumbled as he threw twenty-three dollars at the man. Toberius yawned as the cab sped off kicking up dust as he peeled out of the driveway. Toberius slowly climbed the steps of the Corporate Offices dragging his luggage behind him. 

Toberius pushed open the front doors and was instantly greeted by an extremely peppy Solastalgia. Cantona rose from his seat in the waiting area as the Godfather approached the front doors. Toberius let out another sigh; he was far too tired to deal with any of this happy shit. 

"You think this could wai-" Solastalgia's voice boomed over Toberius' and cut him off before he could finish. "Gentlemen! This way." 

"Looks like I won't get my nap in anytime soon." Toberius muttered under his breath. Toberius closed his eyes and took a deep breath before following Solastalgia up the stairs and into his office. As they reached the office he heard the unmistakable sound of Hamchop's voice, Solastalgia's favorite bodyguard, booming from the next office. Something about a jewelry store... He quickly tuned him out. It was never anything important. 

Toberius quickly plopped down into the chair across from Solastalgia and closed his eyes bracing himself for another boring lecture about proper lavatory etiquette. His mind quickly wandered off and focused itself on his chair. It was just sitting there, waiting for him, needing him. It must of been so lonely with nobody to sit in it while he was gone

Toberius was forced back into reality after a strong nudge from Cantona. Solastalgia had a scowl on his face. "Did you even hear a word I just said?" Toberius' brain quickly snapped back from his dream. "You, uh, you, umm. I mean, I told her not to use so much paper. It clogs the toilets." 

Solastalgia covers his face with his hand and lets out a deep sigh. "You're a fucking idiot. I said I'm making you head of HR. Your new office is in the Annex. You'll be moving over there effective immediately." 

"The Annex? That place is a shit hole, and it's right under the women's room. I can't put my chair down there it'll get ruined in a week!" 

"No need to worry Toberius, Hamchop and I cleaned the place up ourselves. You'll have nothing to worry about the place is (mostly) spotless." 

"If you say so Boss. I just don't want anything happening to my favorite chair." 

"Oh, by the way. Hamchop broke his chair so I gave him yours, I figured you could just use the old HR guy's one that's down there." 

Toberius shut his eyes and let out another long exaggerated sigh. "Thanks Boss. I really, really appreciate this." Toberius shakes Solastalgia's hand and turns towards the door of the office. As he left he saw Hamchop spinning in circles in his chair. After passing the door way he heard a loud thud followed by Hamchop throwing the broken back of the chair out into the hall. 

"God I hate this place..."

Report Post Tip

Cantona had a pounding headache, but he felt it was his duty to put on a happy face and do his best to enjoy the occasion. The trip back from New York had been nothing less than a nightmare, his wife had nagged the entire time about whether the haulage company would treat the furniture properly - but even enduring this browbeating was perhaps better than the alternative; taking a flight with his colleague from The Factory and listening to a soliloquy of Shakespearean proportions about a fucking chair.

Coupled with that, he had returned to Chicago to find the insurance scam at Goldberg Jeweller's - in which he was a silent partner - had gone horribly wrong when the owners had gone to the Police. Sacre bleu, the damn Police! Yet another problem he had to straighten out to the mind numbing back drop of his wife's screeching about not spending enough time at home. When the exasperated Frenchman would have time to visit his Mistress in Cicero was anyone's guess, but these were problems for tomorrow; for now, Cantona had a beaming smile plastered to his face underneath the thick beard and he was determined to enjoy the night. He motioned sharply to his bodyguard who came over with a duffel bag which contained 80 bottles of the finest French Armagnac, Cantona selected one and procured a few cheap plastic beakers from a side compartment of the bag.

"Mesi amis, a toast to zis 'appy occasion. Godfather, wiz you as King Arthur in zis Camelot we call North Side, and wiz Don Ares as Galahad, eet is my belief Toberius can go on to be a fine Lancelot wiz me at 'ees side. Salut! To ze future!"

Report Post Tip

it had been a long while since Tony had been up in North Side. He could have sworn that the place that they dubbed " The Annex" had fallen into disrepair years ago. never the less, Tony walked up to this newly renovated building and saw Toberius letting out a sigh as his this Schmuck had been given his favorite chair. " Light Bulb!" Tony thought to himself. 

Tony ran over to the city Carpenters office and pulled out his gun. " You have 2 hours to assemble the best office chair, if you dont then you die." said Tony to the Carpenter. 

" I build things out of wood sir, surely that wont be very comfortable for the occupant of this chair." replied the Carpenter.

" Then i suggest you find a way to make it comfortable." retorted Tony.

3 hours later......

" I have your chair sir. I used pine wood and put some cotton padding and added a layer of wool. i had to send it off to the sew shop for that but never the less sir, the only chair better than this one is teh Godfathers chair!" exclaimed the Carpenter, begging for his life. 

"Very good, i expect you to load this chair on the truck and have it delivered to The Annex, up on the North End of the city, pronto!"  replied Tony." I will meet you there." he added as he walked out. 

"now only one thing left to do." Thought Tony as he loaded up into his bullet proof limo. " Take me to the liquor store and the cigar shop" he told his driver.

Once Tony had bought the Moonshine and a box of Chicago's finest cigars he went back to the new HQ that was home to Toberius. "Excellent, i see you have gotten the new chair that i bought you sir. congratz on your Auth it was a long time coming!" said Tony to Toberius, handing him the moonshine and the box of cigars with one hand and shaking Toberius's hand with the other. " Let me know if that chair is less than adequate for you sir, if it falls short of perfect for you, ill kill the guy who made it!"

Ton shakes Toberius's hand once more and then leaves for some unfinished business he had in the city.

Report Post Tip

"The chair looks wonderful." Toberius said with a smile. "I'll have some of my men take it down to the office right away!" Toberius motions for his bodyguard to carry the chair. 

"Ah wait right there Beans." Toberius walked over to the chair and placed the box of cigars and moonshine on the seat. After removing a cigar from the box he motioned for Beans to continue back inside. "Let's try out one of these cigars then." Toberius clipped the end of the cigar and struck a match. "Hmm. Nice bold flavor. Yes these will do just fine for my office. There is nothing better than a nice cigar." 

Toberius blew a few smoke rings before focusing his attention back to Tony_Accardo. "Thanks again for your kind gifts." Toberius shook Tony's hand and watched as his monstrosity of a limo pulled away. 

"Its not my style, being driven around like that. But you know I do fancy a drive. Pork go bring my car around for me." Pork quickly waddled off around the side of the building towards the private parking lot. A loud roar is heard soon after Pork disappears around the corner, as Toberius' black 1925 Rolls Royce Phantom comes screeching around the corner. 

"Now that's a car. I can be seen in." Pork put the car in park and quickly hopped out holding the door for Toberius. "Thank you Pork. Go help Beans set-up the office while I'm cruising around town." Pork nodded quickly and waddled back towards The Annex. 

Toberius hopped inside his car and revved the engine before peeling out of the driveway and speeding off towards the city. 

Report Post Tip

After an hour or so of cruising through town Toberius decided it was time to head back towards Dunder Mifflin. He hadn't yet been to his new office and was anxious to look around the place. As he pulled into the parking lot of Dunder Mifflin he spotted Pork and Beans running in circles playing tag. Letting out a sigh he muttered under his breath, “I would get the idiots as my bodyguards.” Toberius pulled into his parking spot, turned off the car and quickly got out closing the door behind him.

After quickly stretching his legs he walked towards Pork and Beans who were now giggling like children and running around the chair they were supposed to take in. “Hey! You two, the fuck are you doing?!” Pork and Beans looked at each other and back at Toberius. “Playing!” The two answered in unison. Toberius closed his eyes and covered his face with his hand. “Come on. We have stuff to do.”

Toberius quickly turned on his heels and walked back towards the entrance of Dunder Mifflin. Walking through the front lobby Toberius’ blank expressionless face was greeted by dozens of smiles and warm hellos. Shrugging off his entrance he quickly approached the once condemned section of Dunder Mfflin, The Annex. Toberius pushed the door open a crack and almost fainted as the overpowering aroma of bleach and cleaners expelled themselves from within.

“Jesus fuckin’ Christ. Couldn't even open a window.” Toberius covered with nose and mouth with his forearm and braved the fumes of his new HQ. Stumbling through the dark Toberius manages to open a window before finding a light switch and turning on the overhead fans. Lowering his arm he takes a look around the office. Only about a quarter of the lights actually worked, and there were papers still strewn about the ground.

Toberius let out another sigh. “Good enough.” He mumbled before waving Pork and Beans into the office. “Start getting people moved in down here.” Beans slaps Pork in the back of the head and yells ‘You’re it!’ before running off through the office. “Don’t fuck around!” Toberius yelled after the two but as he feared it was too late as the two were now cackling like idiots and running around again.

Toberius spotted his new office at the end of the room in the corner. There was a plain white mug with the words “World’s Best Boss” written on it sitting on his desk. Toberius shook his head and sat down in the old leather chair. Shuffling his feet he kicked something underneath the desk. Looking down he saw the dust-covered handgun still laying on the ground. Toberius reached down and sat it on the desk in front of him. Looking ahead his attention became fixated on a small hole in the wall surrounded by a pinkish red stain.

Toberius allowed his mind to wander without breaking his gaze from this wonderful reflection of human incompetence and failing. His focus shifted away from the center of the hole and down towards the small lines that lead away from the center towards the desk. Sitting alone in the dark office staring at a blood stained wall Toberius finally found some inner peace. Against all the outer torments plaguing him, in this moment he felt happy, almost free. He closed his eyes and reflected on his newly found freedom. Could this be the ultimate release from the hell he was sentenced to? Conscious or unconsciously Toberius reached out and took the dust covered handgun into his hand and gripped it tight. In this moment he could feel the doubt and fears of all the previous men who have held this gun coursing through him. All at once he felt connected to everything and disconnected from the world around him.

Toberius’ concentration was broken by the office door slamming shut and the giggling of Pork and Beans. Toberius looked down to realize he was gripping the handgun still. His knuckles white from the pressure on the grip. In an instant he raised the gun to his head. “What’s another hole in the wall.” Toberius closed his eyes once again and a small smile formed on his face. Sweet release. He pulled the trigger.

ClickToberius eyes shot open. He pulled the gun away from his head and pointed it towards the wall and pulled the trigger three more times.Click, click, click. Staring dumbfounded at the handgun Pork and Beans pop their heads around the corner.

“Hiya Boss man! We forgot what you wanted us to do! So we decided to just come back here and clean up instead!” Toberius sighed and shooed them away. Defeated Toberius opened his desk drawer and placed the gun inside. As he shut and locked the drawer the phone on his desk began to ring. Picking it up he put back on his facade.

“Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. This is Toberius speaking, how may I assist you today?”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Annex
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL