Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:54:17
Page:  1 
A new Deal(Open RP) Started by: Vincent_diMartelli on Dec 13, '08 02:17
Vince sat in the car, watching the rain fall. He'd had to get out of town fast, and now, he was here with nothing but the clothes on his back and one of his twin Eagles. The second Eagle was being wielded with abandon by his brother. Bringing his name to ruin. Mikey was smart enough not to go to vegas where people knew Vince. But he was sure causing trouble here.

Vince started up the car and turned away from the burned-out wreck of KCC, promising that some day he would re-open. Right now, he had a new deal. Right now he had to save his own life, even if that meant killing his brother.

Vince sighed, checked the clip in his baby Eagle and sighed, he didn't have much ammo. He'd have to pray he didn't see much action until he could beg, borrow or 'confiscate' some more.

For now, he put that thought out of his head as he turned into the parking lot of an all-night diner. He smiled. There were plenty of other 'usual suspects' here, he should blend right in.

Vince took a seat in the corner, ordered a stiff drink, and began toying with a business card that he had carried for nearly two years, and this was the first time that he had ever contemplated using it.

He sighed and put the detective's card back in his pocket. The man had promised him the moon, but never answered his question. "At what price?"

Vince looked up when the door opened, letting in a blast of cold, wet air.
Report Post Tip
Handi walked into the diner and took a seat down the end near a man that was sitting by himself. Before Handi sat down he took his coat off as he did it got caught on his gun revealing it to the man for a brief second.He quickly tucked his shirt over his piece hoping the man didnt see it.He takes a seat and waves for some service.

Handi looks at Vince "Whats it take to get some service in here?" Handi waves his hand again."Hey can I get a drink over here?" The bar maid still ignored him Handi grew impatient reached behind the counter and poured himself a glass of whiskey.He took a sip and the barmaid came storming over took the drink out of his hand as he was about to take another gulp.

"You can wait till I get a chance to serve you! Dont go behind my bar and help yourself" the barmaid yelled.

"Hey I was going to pay for that."Handi said "you treat me like I'm some kind of orphin. Just look at me and walk away." Handi tossed a fifty dollar bill on the counter took his drink and turned to Vince.

"Hey guy you beleive her..Its just as hard to get a drink in here as it is to unload these diamonds" Handi slipped up and spoke of the stolen diamonds he needed to fence.He didnt slip up he was trying to find an extra hand to off the diamonds. Handi looked back at Vince waiting to hear his response.
Report Post Tip
UNO opened the door and held it for Gambino. The cold wind and rain blew in as the big man entered the diner. UNO helped the crime boss with his overcoat while the other bodyguards lined up behind them. Gambino waved the entourage to go ahead and find seating. As he started to follow them, UNO took his arm in a cautious manner.

"Wait Boss." UNO leaned in close and spoke in a near whisper

"Watch that guy over there Boss. I don't like his looks. He's packing."

Gambino looked in the direction that UNO indicated and saw an intense young man eyeing them coldly.
Report Post Tip
Gambino noticed another man sitting with his back to him. He looked familiar. As he approached, Gambino recognized the man from behind. It was his good friend Handiman. In three strides he was at the table.

"Handi! You scoundrel! How ya doin buddy?"
Report Post Tip
Vince was stunned at the man's attitude. But he knew him by reputation, so he figured it came with the territory. Vince raised two fingers and the waitress that had snubbed his 'friend' appeared at his elbow. Vince spoke softly in italian to her and nodded toward Gambino. He knew Gambino. This was what he had been afraid of.

"Sorry friend," Vince said to the newcomer. "I don't generally deal in ice. I'm afraid you confused me for someone. I drive. Hands on the wheel, eyes on the mirrors, no memory of what happens behind me." Vince frowned as he took a seat, his accent was still too pronounced, those who knew him well knew that when he sounded like this he was worried... of course, having someone treat lilly that way.

The waitress dropped her midwestern accent and went to see what Gambino and Uno wanted to drink. She spoke to Vince one more time in Italian before returning to the bar and adopting the 'midwest' girl routine again.

Vince stood as the other man drew nearer, he could see the other figure standing nearby, and the posture said bodyguard. Vince was slightly ashamed of his rather threadbare suit, and lean frame. It was clear he hadn't been getting three squares in a long time.

Vince reached out to shake hands and kiss cheeks. He kept his posture open, clearly not a threat. "Can I get you anything?"
Report Post Tip
Ian walked into the diner, keeping out of sight, this was his first real job and didn't want to screw it up, he saw Gambino, Handiman and Vince all at the back of the bar and he sat at the front, then the waitress came to him and asked him what he wanted to drink

"I'll have a martini" he said in a quiet voice to make sure they didn't hear

Ian waited for Gambino or Handi to make a move
Report Post Tip
Across the diner sat Awesome. He was elbow deep in all sorts of sweet and savoury food. Pizza. Burgers. Ice Cream. Waffles. Pancakes. Oh, how he loves pancakes. Pancakes were one of the only things that made living in America bearable. And the weather. In some of the places. Like Los Angeles. Hot and sunny. Much more preferable than the cold and wet weather back home in England. But at least in England there were no people with American accents. God, how irritating. Awesome once removed a man's voice box in England because he spoke with a Texas-style accent. And then this man's wife's for speaking like someone from New York. Ugh. The horror of it all.

"Hey, can I get a drink over here?" The voice carried across to Awesome.

He looked up. The man speaking was familiar. Awesome narrowed his eyes in concentration. Hmmm, who is that? He thought. Oh! Oh! Oh! I know him. He's that HandiMan fellow. This is so unreal its surreal. I'm in the same diner as a Don! It's like my birthday all over again, but with less blood and tears. Awesome watched in excitement as he saw an argument erupt between the Don and the barmaid.

"Go on! Hit her! Hit her hard!" he said. But he said it quietly. Not because he was trying to keep his voice low; he wasn't trying to speak at all. He was just to excited it popped out.

Just then, the door opened, and in through it stepped a man. Followed by another. And another. And a whole load more. Awesome recognized the first man and almost wet himself with joy. Oh. My. Awesome. It's Gambino! Another Don! Two in one place. And not just any place, but a place in which I am. This is, like, so awesome! And stuff!

Awesome watched as the second Don surveyed the room before walking over towards the first.

"Handi! You scoundrel! How ya doin buddy?"

Awesome continued to watch with interest and awesomeness as Gambino took a seat. The third, unknown, man was talking to the barmaid who left to fetch drinks for the table. One of the big men who were following Gambino approached this other man, who stood up, shook his hand, and kissed his cheek.

"Go on! Hit him! Hit him hard!" Awesome said. Again, quietly. And again, not intentionally. And then waited.
Report Post Tip
looking at his surroundings he saw a man he thought he recognized, talking to himself, ah yes he just remembered he was that man in the Brothel in Detroit humming to himself as he walked through the door, using his knowledge of lipreading he tried to see what he was saying

"Go on! Hit him! Hit him hard!"

maybe he was on a mission too, hard to tell, he stayed there and drank his whiskey, still waiting for someone to make a move
Report Post Tip
Vince looked over at the other table. It wasn't that he could lip read, or that he even knew something was wrong, but he felt like perhaps someone here was wanting to hurt his sister.

"Don Gambino, I was not expecting you here, I didn't know you dined here. Vince relaxed only slightly, he had too many unknown quantities here, and his sister lilly was in the middle.

Lilly came back with everyone's drink, she didn't speak much to anyone except Vince, and even then seemingly only in Italian. She eyed some of the patrons warily. And vince's look darkened. She had told him that some of them hit. Vince blew out air in a sigh. "I was actually in need of some help."

Vince toyed with his glass. "I seem to be having an issue...We, seem to be having an issue with my twin brother."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A new Deal(Open RP)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL