Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:55:34
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Hitlist Buy Out Change Proposal Started by: JimmyLove on Dec 14, '08 18:47
Firstly, apologies if this has been suggested before, I did flick through the past pages of threads and couldn't spot anything resembling this. Also, I'm just coming back from a 3 year+ hiatus, so if the hitlist doesn't work as I think it does (I've not used it yet but have read the Bible and it appears not to have changed) then I apologise.

Anyway, as far as I see it (and pretty much as far as it's always been) the hitlist only really gets used for wacking inactives and takedowns when people are offline, a hit goes up, the person shoots, if they miss it's instantly bought out.

To buy a hit out only costs double the cost of the hit and I feel this is just too low, especially when money is so easy to come by (if I was more active I'm pretty sure my character could have $1,000,000+ already). I suggest an increasing scale for buying out, dependant on the rank of the target, ranging from say 20 times the hit cost for a Gangster up to 100+ for a Don/Godfather.

As well as this I think a revision to the minimum hit cost would be good too, again on a scale dependant on rank (which I realise there already is to some degree), starting at say the current $10,000 for a Gangster (which would cost $200,000 to buy out) up to $1,000,000 for Don/Godfather (costing a whooping $100,000,000 to buy out).

Perhaps also make it a standard 10 times the hit amount to add anonymity.

This could have several outcomes:

1. People may become more cautious when adding hits, and it may be less of an incentive to wack inactives

2. The hitlist may actually get used as such, if a few hits of $1,000,000+ get added to characters ranked at Boss upwards it may be hard for even the richest to buy out, and may be quite tempting for lower ranks to go for.

3. When a leader is taken down it may make it less/more likely that the remaining crew members get taken out as well.

Either way I think it would make a change to how the hitlist is perceived and it's role in the game.

Thanks for you time, and any comments you may have.
Report Post Tip
The hitlist is very rarely used nowadays. You dont need it for IAs and you can shoot offline people without it.

People still think it improves their shot chances so they still use it when they are about to take a big shot. About it really.
Report Post Tip
Multiplying the buy off price of a hit would certainly result in more people placing hits. Hopefully the hitlist will become a less defunct feature if this is implemented.
Report Post Tip
Pure_Healm, thanks, as I was going off the Bible I didn't realise that you don't need to Hitlist for IAs anymore (I've yet to bother shooting anyway) but that probably strengthens my point that the Hitlist could do with being changed a bit to become useful.

Thanks for the support KingOfOnePercent.

Another half thought I had was that if a hit was placed on someone it could negate the need for auth on people within 3 ranks of the person you want to shoot, although that might be a bit too unpredictable allowing every Gangster to take potshots at the higher ups.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Hitlist Buy Out Change Proposal
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL